Zero Punctuation: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions

Alakaizer

Aug 1, 2008
Spider-man 2 not only had good web-swinging, it had Bruce Campbell calling you a moron the whole time. I don't think it would have been nearly as good without him.

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
One of the few times I've ever commented on a ZP video, just to say that
"... this game sounded spread so thin, that if it had arrived on a sandwich it would essentially be bread."Is one of the best lines from him in a while.
I heard it, paused for a second, and then burst into laughter. I'm not even sure why it's so funny to me, but still. :D

Rassmusseum

Oct 11, 2010
HotFezz8 said:
for fuck sake yahtzee did you like it or not? is it worth any of my money?
Did you actually watch the video? I don't think he had one good thing to say about the game other than "the Deadpool part was alright."

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Spiders are slow? Probably you are thinking about those big New Worl tarantulas, or orb-weawers in which case, true.

But most spiders, especially the smaller ones and/or those that don't use webs to catch their prey are very agile.

So, in other words, I have lost all my respect for you for this mistake, Mr. Yahtzee.

As for Spider-man, I do recall playing some game way back that was good.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
HotFezz8 said:
He didn't give a single positive remark so I'd say no...

Seeing as you are apparently the kind of person who buys things based upon others opinions other than your own you can give all your money to me if you like.

Duffeknol said:
The less big the game, the funnier the review. Mostly.
Mostly, although I find them a lot less funny if I have played the game as I know what points he is making and usually disagree with them. It's easier to laugh when you don't know whether it's bullshit said for laughs or is a genuine criticism that is exaggerated.

Okysho

Sep 12, 2010
Marvel reminds me of our my favourite old-school heroes and Star wars.

Series need to end eventually... like george lucas, STOP BEATING THE DEAD HORSE!!!

people are begging for the Mario series to die and I'm pretty sure a lot of people have arleady gone ahead and put flowers on Sonic's gravestone.

Marvel already went through the trouble of sniping Captain America. I'm says Spidy needs an end like that, but he has been aroudn since the 50s-60s. I also don't mind them re-telling the stories from time to time, (If they remade Super Mario Brothers, the first one, I'd be ok with it) but maybe some of these other long-running series need to be laid to rest?

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
I knew they would try to rip off Batman as soon as I heard it's not free roaming game any more. And I knew it would suck.

Ampersand

May 1, 2010
AssassinJoe said:
CpnChaos said:
No one cares, did you even watch the video?

First of all, Stan Lee doesn't need to try to be liked, isn't he already more popular than a certain son of God that the christian church keeps going on about?
Stan is definitely more popular and also apparently alot more immortal.

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
Draconalis said:
darrinwright said:
Ah, a religion bash early in... way to stay on-topic, Yahtzee.
God forbid his humorous reviews have humor in them.

Besides, if Religion wasn't so stupid, he wouldn't have the material to make said comment.
Oh look, another religion basher >_> How original.

Anyways, good review, wasn't really expecting much from this game, I really don't see how they haven't just continued making them like Spiderman 2, that was one of the best games I've ever played.

A Pious Cultist

Jul 4, 2009
HotFezz8 said:
You are asking the wrong person. Go watch a "proper reviewer" if you want to get an idea of "how good" a game is rather than just a stream of constant and amusing cynicism and vagina jokes. Yahtzee pretty much exists to take the piss out of 95% of games.

Ampersand

May 1, 2010
Alakaizer said:
Spider-man 2 not only had good web-swinging, it had Bruce Campbell calling you a moron the whole time. I don't think it would have been nearly as good without him.
There has never been a game made that could not be greatly enhanced by the addition of Bruce Campbell.