Zero Punctuation: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions

ddq5

I wonder what the character limi
Jun 18, 2009
I hate Nolan North as much as the next guy, but after I played Alpha Protocol, I looked up the game on IMDB only to find that Mr. North himself played crazed psychopath Steven Heck! It sure as hell surprised me. Apparently he as another emotion besides "sarcastastic."

Lyri-x

Jun 20, 2010
I resent the image of spiderman cutting himself to Linkin Park.
...love Linkin Park

Cabamacadaf

Mar 17, 2009
Brent McCarthy said:
Is it bad that since I played the first Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Nolan North's voicing of Deadpool is what I imagine he sounds like when I read him in comic books?
Nolan North didn't voice Deadpool in MUA.

EvilChameleon

Oct 18, 2010
I've never understood the attraction to playing a game about superheroes. Maybe it's because the first and only game like that I played was Superman 64.

j4remi

Aug 19, 2010
I don't know why, but this review felt especially brutal. I haven't played a spiderman game in a long time and considered giving this a shot...but there's no way after that murder. Lol @ the spiderman box walking around with a hat begging for acceptance at the end...perfect image for me to laugh at for the next week.

Vrud

Mar 11, 2009
. . . Did Yahtzee just rip off John Solomon at the end, there?
http://web.archive.org/web/20071205183637/http://badwebcomics.blogspot.com/2007/06/tangents.html

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
AssassinJoe said:
Second, Nolan North as Deadpool? I don't know how I feel about that.
North voiced him in Hulk vs Wolverine (Straight-to-DVD release), and he was actually pretty good. Not bad at all [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAI5y20X2Gk]

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
"nolan north, who I'm sure is a perfectly nice man in real life" xD hilarious

my friend and I actually just rented this game last night, and while it's more of his thing (he's played it a lot more than I) it's not too too bad (except that the swinging lock on really bugs me)

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
Spiders aren't that slow if you consider the "ants are the strongest animals on the planet" logic. I mean, the fastest man in the world can run with a miximum speed of about six time his own height per second. Spiders can easily beat that if they need to flee from something.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Mortagog said:
Legion said:
Seeing as you are apparently the kind of person who buys things based upon others opinions other than your own you can give all your money to me if you like.
./palm-through-face

Are you even aware of the implications of what you've just said?
That people should base their purchases based upon what they think rather than what others do?

I pretty much explicitly stated that.

CitySquirrel

Jun 1, 2010
My favorite part: Yahtzee baiting spiderman fans at the beginning.

Edit:

Legion said:
Mortagog said:
./palm-through-face

Are you even aware of the implications of what you've just said?
That people should base their purchases based upon what they think rather than what others do?

I pretty much explicitly stated that.
I think the point is that you can't really get enough information about something to form your own opinions about something unless you either obtain information about it. First hand can get expensive with videogames... you want to know if it is worth even getting the first hand information. So, you go to a reviewer.

Shut_up_Flanders

Mar 24, 2010
Yahtzee was in top form for this one. The best joke award from Jesus and Yahtzee in the Madonna dominatrix outfit was what put me over the edge.

Darkgoosey666

Jul 18, 2010
first time ive commented on a ZP i think, loved the anime bash and religion joke XD

some fantastic lines there yahtzee but the ending text was awesome, " im more of a cider man"

genius.

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
The best part pf Shattered Dimensions is seeing Spider-Ham (who is closer to the real SPidey than that, THING in the comics) at the beginning.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
HankMan said:
Nolan North as Deadpool? And I thought Baraka-pool sucked >(
Oooooooh! so Yahtzee is gimp AND dominatrix? That's more Kinky than stampeding cattle
...Through the Vatican :D
Yeah, but the ***** of it all was inventin' the candy gram. They probably won't even give me credit for it!

DarkPanda XIII

Nov 3, 2009
He pretty much summed up the entire thing for me, though he sold me when Deadpool showed up :3. I did want to play the game for the original and the Noir Spidey, mostly due to curiosity and because the Noir character did appear like he was going to be like Batman, Arkham Asylum.

Yay for being right!

ChaosStep

Dec 28, 2007
Not to be a willy and ruin yahtzee complainy complainy moany moany time, but spiderman uses web CARTRIDGES. It didn't come out of him until Sam Raimi got his mits on it.

So shouldn't he have gone on about how he makes these "cartidges"?
Not enough visual puns for that?

Never mind then.