Zero Punctuation: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions

Megamonmon

Oct 15, 2010
Trogdor1138 said:
Draconalis said:
darrinwright said:
Ah, a religion bash early in... way to stay on-topic, Yahtzee.
God forbid his humorous reviews have humor in them.

Besides, if Religion wasn't so stupid, he wouldn't have the material to make said comment.
Oh look, another religion basher >_> How original.

Anyways, good review, wasn't really expecting much from this game, I really don't see how they haven't just continued making them like Spiderman 2, that was one of the best games I've ever played.
i didnt realise his opinion was "unorigonal"
and at least they are trying something new.i mean if they just realeased every single spidey game the same then ud get tired of it.granted this venture sorta failed doesnt mean u should discorage them from trying new things

Megamonmon

Oct 15, 2010
Desert Tiger said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
There is no Spiderman anymore.

This killed it [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man:_One_More_Day]

What Yahtzee reviewed was just an another attempt to make it not suck.
One More Day was only made more hilariously bad by the following attempt to pick up the pieces.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Moment_in_Time_(comics)
the sooner joe quesada gets his hands slapped away from the storyboard the better

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
Wow, another zero-credibility review. I wonder if he bothered to actually play the game this time.

Irish Rover Baird

Oct 13, 2010
Out of every spiderman game I've every played, spiderman 2 is still my favorite. Mainly because it had the awesome websling-around-the-city-catching-balloons-for-little-kids function (duh!).
So I don't think I'll like this one either.
But (!) I will give it a try.

Tinneh

Oct 10, 2009
Oh my God, the ending comic was funnier than the entire video, which was already pretty funny.

Shia-Neko-Chan

Apr 23, 2008
Freaking Yahtzee...

The joke about future spider-man's suit almost made me choke on my soda...

"radioactive tomato ketchup"

cefm

Mar 26, 2010
He's made this point before but for God's sake why is it so difficult for game designers to realize what a GOOD game is, and then update if for new technology and graphics without ruining it entirely? Prince of Persia, Spiderman, and the constantly mentioned Silent Hill have all had one EXCELLENT game that got everything right. On old platforms. Is it too much to ask that a designer simply slap a new shiny coat of new-platform-technology paint on the old game and make another awesome game?

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
TriGGeR_HaPPy said:
One of the few times I've ever commented on a ZP video, just to say that
"... this game sounded spread so thin, that if it had arrived on a sandwich it would essentially be bread."Is one of the best lines from him in a while.
I heard it, paused for a second, and then burst into laughter. I'm not even sure why it's so funny to me, but still. :D
I laughed at the little annoying fat kid :D

HigherTomorrow

Jan 24, 2010
While I entirely agree with all the criticisms proposed in Yahtzee's review, I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed renting Shattered Dimensions, and while the thought of shelling out $60 to keep it for a month and then return it doesn't sit well with me, I felt the $10 I spent at Blockbuster was well worth the game. If the developer had been given a bit more time, I would've liked to see a lot of the bugs and wonky controls ironed out, and, as Yahtzee said, the story was spread too thin. Perhaps Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions 2: Oh Shi- will be much better.

An average game, a not-so-bad Spiderman game, and if SD2 is better, it has the potential to beating out even the beautiful Spiderman 2.

I will take your review as I always do, Yahtzee, as a nit-picking tirade focused on comedic value. Your points are all entirely valid, but I feel anyone who dares take your review as the Word of God and decides whether or not to pick up a game based solely on it is a moron and clearly can not tell the difference between comedic and serious.

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
"Proportionally, spiders are actually slow, lumbering creatures." And they say you don't learn anything useful on the internet.