Zero Punctuation: Spiderman: Web of Shadows

xXGeckoXx

Jan 29, 2009
Not so funny its a good review though. Not his best but an okay vid. Hope he will make it up to us next week with something brilliant.

SG Xibalba

Feb 9, 2009
EchetusXe said:
Parallel Streaks said:
I love your brand of comedy, but can you PLEASE stop using the word "******", it's an offensive word and whilst used mostly in satire I still find the use to encourage the internet morons with their discrimination. While I know the whole "I'm not ignorant, I hate everyone" argument is good for a chuckle but frankly the previously mentioned word just succeeds in alienating your LGBT fans, and believe me, there's a lot of us.
lol, I have to say I was surprised when I heard the word crop up.

I don't know if its edgy or just lazy. Frankly I don't care, but I wouldn't have used the term myself.
Totally agree. I was having a really good laugh, and although I've seen a lot of his reviews, I've not seen them all so I've never heard '******' crop up before. When I did today I was actually pretty taken aback as it was totally out of the blue and just not needed. It's the first time I've stopped watching before the end as I was trying to process: 'did I REALLY just hear him say that?!?'

For those that state '******' has been reclaimed by gays and it's ok to use now, sorry to tell ya - it's not. The word '******' may have been reclaimed by blacks, but you don't casually toss that word about - this is certainly no different.

It's one thing to be edgy, and that's great. It's quite another to be stupid.

Eipok Kruden

Aug 29, 2008
gigastrike said:
Good idea skipping Killzone 2. You probably dodged another Super Smash Bros.: brawl.
No, he dodged another Call of Duty 4. Look what happened what he finally reviewed that game. He completely loathed it, he thought it was one of the worst games ever! [/sarcasm]

You see what I mean? I like Killzone 2 a LOT more than Call of Duty 4. In fact, I doubt I'll ever play COD4 again now that I have Killzone 2. Yahtzee pre-judged Killzone 2. He hasn't played it, yet he's passing judgement on it. I thought Yahtzee was above that, seriously. He should really review it.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
That one made me laugh out loud.

Which...was a new experience to something that wasn't a single picture of a cat or dog in a funny situation (that usually involved people getting hurt).

kirbyfan8

Feb 11, 2009
Oh wow, I didn't think I would find out about another person who loved spiderman 2. I hope you review Halo Wars next week.

senor pepper

Jun 25, 2008
I'm surprised Yahtzee said in this review that the only titles coming out at the moment have a number tacked to the end of them given that Empire Total War just came out. Sure, its a sequel, but no number and for the series some very interesting content to harangue. Additionally, I thought I heard Yahtzee say in one episode that historical accuracy was only the interest of British people and gay people ... wouldn't that mean he was doubly interested in this game? Guess he's just not that into strategies.

YukoValis

Aug 9, 2008
Yahtzee I know it sounds nice, but you can not be anything but Lawful Evil. Which means your a complete bastard about something, but you can't be called on it because your technically correct.

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
I ROFL'd at the blackface comment. And at the risk of dipping my toes in the sucking vortex of meaningless internet debate, I had no problem with either that or the use of the word '******'. (yeah, I laughed at that too)

Yes, '******' can be an offensive word. However, virtually any word can be made to offend someone. It seems to me that people are hell-bent on being hypersensitive and that it is completely wrong to try to try to eliminate any incident ever of using a word or an image that might offend someone. You'll spend the rest of your life trying to be 'politically correct' and to not hurt anyone else's feelings, and odds are, it will cripple your ability to communcate clearly and effectively for you to have to monitor yourself so closely.

This is not to say that continuous use (ergo abuse) of such a word should be tolerated, but as another poster pointed out, I don't recall Yahtzee using it before; therefore, I would argue that if you're really offended by this incident, you're either a) hypersensitive to the word (which is really not Yahtzee's problem), or b) not really a fan of ZP (again, really not Yahtzee's problem) since you are intimating that your enjoyment of the material as a whole is somehow ruined by that one, single word.

You know, if you really are offended, hey, that's your right. Feel free to react by not watching anymore. But considering the rather ironic fact that you made no mention of being offended by the racial slur, I think just maybe you are being a little oversensitive here and are not really concerned with politeness or proper behavior so much as not being offended yourself.

Wanderer1911

Feb 4, 2009
Kinda what I was expecting Spiderman: Web of Shadows to be like. In fact thats the reason I have avoided all Spiderman games since Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage for the Genisis... except now it looks like I have to check out Spiderman 2 The Movie the game, lol.

RogueDarkJedi

Dec 28, 2008
I loved the "you nerds" at the end as well as the quiz show part. That was hilarious. Also, now we know why Yahtzee likes that other Spiderman game (I had pondered it awhile back when I saw the blurred out my favorite games list).

ploik

Aug 13, 2008
Yahtzee is arguably chaotic good. He is a total d-bag but he does it in the interest of saving gamers money on bad games.

srpilha

Dec 24, 2008
It's so tempting to be Chaotic Neutral, isn't it? Makes you look so cool and badass. And it would kind of fit a quick description of Yahtzee.

But he hurts games because he loves them. Loves them (and us?) too much to be really Chaotic.

So what would I say? I'd say it was quite a good review, but Saint's Row is still my all-time favorite, I guess.