Zero Punctuation: Splatterhouse

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I think that I'll just go play Madworld again.

Or at least wait for this to hit the bargain bin. I mean, I got Madworld for basically nothing and had a decent time.

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
Nice review, but is there really a point in reviewin games other people in The Escapist have already reviewed?

I suppose Yahtzee's hatred of repetition had been crushed under the heel of corporative needs.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
I really don't like this sort of game. There are just far too many of them. Its dull. congrats for not mentioning GOW though...

daemon37

Oct 14, 2009
I am really bummed about the reviews for this game. I know the original Splatterhouse was kinda crappy, but Splatterhouse 3 was freakin' sweet. I still have nightmares about boreworms eating my girlfriend from the inside out because of that game.

But oh well, not much I can do about it besides have more whiskey I guess.

Decabo

Dec 16, 2009
Nice review, Yahtzee. I'm a little disappointed you never reviewed Vanquish, though.

i am not god

Dec 6, 2007
"Always, always love you more if you finish into their face." That's the kind fo stuff we want to hear.

Seriously, I found that hilarious.

FudgeNukem

Oct 25, 2010
Has Yahtzee been having problems with his mic? I haven't noticed. I'm not being sarcastic- I really haven't noticed at all.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Two reviews in a row mentioning Lee Drummand? I see someone has some issues they need to work out...<.<

lordlillen

Nov 18, 2009
----
time
event made me lol still i watched other reviews and i still thought it would be sorta nice but with your verbal raiping of it now im shure its shit

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
Yep. It's true. The game gets repetitive with killing, QTE, and platforming full of instant death traps. Too bad. I wanted to give this game a try, but after looking at the gameplay (and ending), I'll skip it...or wait until the price drop. Either way, it's not worth full retail.

But I do admit having the original Splatterhouses included is a plus for some of that gory nostalgia.