Zero Punctuation: Splinter Cell: Conviction

The Zango

Resident stoner and Yognaught
Apr 30, 2009
Lol, its true what he says about Tom clancys involvement and the crazy plot

Please dont ban me i got like 5 RP's going

LornMind

Dec 27, 2008
Wow. Nice crack at Montreal Yahtzee. While I have a completely different opinion of Conviction, it was still a funny review. And that end joke was hilarious.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
wowa lothate of america in this one
tburke0 said:
If you just ban everyone who posts in the first 5 minutes of the thread, why not just lock the thread for 5 minutes?
smart, creating a new account to say that comment
until they block your IP address completely

Craftybonds

Raging Lurker
Feb 6, 2010
Episode wasn't that funny, but i agreed with most everything that he said. game wasn't horrible, but it wasn't worth 60 bucks, that's for sure.

Tharticus

Dec 10, 2008
That was funny. Liked the American joke bit about keeping the ape.

And yes, I never find any appeal of Splinter Cell games.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Fair points on the bad stuff (I actually agree with all of them pretty much) but no mention of any of the good things. I know this isn't uncommon, but still.

tburke0 said:
If you just ban everyone who posts in the first 5 minutes of the thread, why not just lock the thread for 5 minutes?
That's... actually a good point. They do it with official news stuff sometimes, where you can't comment straight away.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Good review, thought it ended a tad abruptly, but it had me laughing throughout.

RyoScar

May 30, 2009
Spliter Cell isn't a good 'steath game' it's more of just a shooter with steath elements.

Zombie Nixon

Sep 3, 2009
In a linear stealth game, the stealthing is more like a puzzle to be solved, and it's less about skill than about figuring out what the game wants you to do. Nonlinear levels allow you to be creative.

At least that's what I think.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I hated the fact that reload was clicking in the Left Stick.

And the cover system is ripped of Ubi's own Rainbow Six Vegas. But that's a good thing.

GameGoddess101

Jun 11, 2009
Awesome review. I have a friend who just sycophantically worships all things Splinter Cell, so it gets old after a while. I don't really like Hitman, though.

Either way, the whole gag with the little man on Sam Fisher's back had me in stitches. Great review, and congrats on your novel.

UFriday

Nov 9, 2009
Yes, made it to the first page!
If Yahtzee invaded the white house, and made a video of it....