Zero Punctuation: Split Second: Velocity

Orcboyphil

Dec 25, 2008
Natch, I haven't heard that turn of phrase in ages. Not since the hylocon days of the great Amiga Power. It would certainly explain a lot to think that Yahtzee read that in the day.

KingTiger

Nov 6, 2009
The dick dastardly reference almost killed me xD I laughed my head off...He is my favorite villain

Good one

kinky257

Apr 15, 2009
Random nit pick: The campaign is probably known as a season because racing seasons are in fact called seasons, so it's not just a TV angeled joke/ refrence.

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
God I wish I hadn't paid $80 for this game.

Sure its an amazing experience for a few hours, but damn do I wish I had waited for it to hit the discount price range.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
ForensicYOYO said:
What the hell! Probation? all I did was post the number1 to save my spot so I could come back after I watched it and edit my message. Was that so wrong? O and I got 7 days for it!?! what a load of crap.
OT: I liked your review as usual.
To quote House about the guy's arm hurting after he spends the night sleeping on it... "Have you thought about, you know, maybe... not doing that?"

Anyway, funny review, but sadly I don't care much for racing games since the old NFS 3 or so (the first one that had an option of playing cops, throwing down the stuff to sod their tires up and similar). It's like sports games, new game every year at least and it's all the same crap, with possibly some useless gimmick thrown in. Can't complain on principle though I guess, since I play FPSs, though I do feel they're still quite superior somehow as far as design improvement goes...

Thrair

Sep 21, 2009
I'm fairly average at driving games myself, but they bore the living piss out of me. Probably a throwback to my youth when it was all I could play at my cousin's house and he would carefully explain in unnecessary detail the inner workings of the racing leagues.

Any case, that aside, liked the vid. Excellent review. The fetus joke was a touch tacky, tho.

P.S. It's not touching the game's case that makes you a prick. That's just human nature that does that. :p

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Funny review!

I played Split Second Velocity and I found it very repetitive as well after the third "episode" and quit playing it after that.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
xGreenmanx said:
this was brilliant. some of your points were absolutely spot on.
*Darth Vader Voice* Greetings young one, you have finally joined the Escapist. you training is almost complete...

Hehe welcome to the Escapist is basically what im trying to say XD

OT: great review...yeh i agree with most posts here, Blurr is much better

Funkysandwich

Contra Bassoon
Jan 15, 2010
I didn't really get what he said at the end about the very act of touching the game making him a prick, because I thought being a prick was Yahtzee's thing.

Zudarkness

Feb 24, 2010
LOL. I likwe the ending credit to where Yatzee metioned on how he failed his driving test cause the driving instructor though she was going to die.

edgeofblade

Jan 8, 2009
It's Yahtzee vs The Unfortunate Need To Review The Audience!

http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2010/08/12/129150813/-scott-pilgrim-versus-the-unfortunate-tendency-to-review-the-audience

thenamelessloser

Jan 15, 2010
I'm not a fan of driving games because I don't even like driving in real life! I get pissed off when an arbitrary driving stuff appears in games such as Mass Effect as well.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
Even though he may not do very well with racing games. I'd still like to see Yahtzee turn a lap at the Top Gear test track in the reasonably priced car.