Zero Punctuation: Split Second: Velocity

KiKiweaky

Aug 29, 2008
God that statement about rich people, making pregnant women fight and eat the..... You sir need a medal NOW =D

Tom Hill

Jun 28, 2010
"I did actually take my driving test but failed because the instructor genuinly thought she was going to die"

Brilliant one-liner, worthy for Jimmy Carr

Chamale

Sep 9, 2009
I knew that he wouldn't have much to complain about when he spent the first 90 seconds joking about the genre and name. Indeed, Yahtzee's criticisms mostly focussed on standard Mario Kart-style complaints - except, unlike Mario Kart, Split stroke Second has no unavoidable attacks to kill whoever's in first.

I liked the jokes, especially the one about rich people watching gladiator battles between pregnant woman. Only Yahtzee could make a joke like that and not cause me to burn down his house.

LordSpectreX

Mar 31, 2009
~"This was unexpected. But yes, everyone hates Thatcher. And I wasn't even born then."~

It was a great jab, though to be fair, you have to remember that the kind of people who have a problem with something from 20+ Years ago are the ones likely to raise their voices about it.

Anyway, especially good ZP, don't know what it was. I think it was the Dick Dastardly metaphor that did it for me. XD

tkwelge

May 13, 2009
"The Thatcher comment was hilarious."

How so? It was basically the equivalent of "I hate Republicans. Republicans are so stupid. I hate Republicans." Not "hilarious" in the traditional sense. I'm not a worshipper of Thatcher, but she did a lot of things that made sense. Only lefty twats REALLY hate Thatcher with a passion. Like Reagan, she was a drug warrior/militarist and that pisses me off, but Lefty types are so annoying.

tkwelge

May 13, 2009
"The Thatchers Britain comment had me on the floor.

Good stuff."

Really? I like how the really crazy ideologues seem to live in their own little universe where something can be amazingly hilarious for some incomprehensible reason.

tkwelge

May 13, 2009
OKay, here's some facts. Welfare and healthcare spending as a percentage of GDP INCREASED under margaret thatcher. Education and Defense spending fell as a percentage of GDP. GDP grew faster under thatcher than before her. Government spending as a whole didn't decline until the later Thatcher years. The unemployment rate was high, but not higher than a countries such as France and Spain, and it began to decline during the later Thatcher years.

Regardless of what Thatcher actually said, there was no real "austerity" under the Thatcher regime. There was no militaristic expansion. Sure, unemployment was high, but you have to remember that around 1980 central banks around the world were tightening monetary policy due to double digit inflation in major countries such as the US and UK.

Jamie Thomas Durbin

Apr 2, 2010
Yeah, also wondering if he'll review Blur. Then hopefully there'll be more than two of us going "Yep, didn't like it one bit" while people yell "GRRR! UG! DAY-ONE ISSUES... MAMMOTH TASTE GOOD!" ... still, great review, Yahtzee, lovin' it.

mptothedc

Jul 23, 2009
I laughed the hardest when I finished watching the video and scrolled down to see there were adds to buy the game hahaha

mercinary12

Oct 4, 2008
Cmon Yahtzee, please review Twilight Princess!! i mean im sure youve already played it and you wouldnt have to plat through the whole thing just to get ur review up!!COME ON