Zero Punctuation: Spore

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Yay one of the first 20 to watch.

Yh I didn't like the long no.

It wasn't as good as usual I don't think

DeLukas

May 7, 2008
It is repetitive, but as I can have a whole race, and so whole planets, of Batman . . . win?
Sims was repetitive, so while Yahtzee is still on target for what is wrong with the game (and don't get me wrong, he could have cut and paste the "shallow" image form Bioshock into this one as well), he might want to leave predicting future success to Miss Cleo.

Arbitrary13

Jul 2, 2008
This was the assessment that I'd made about the game months ago.

Your reviews seem to be padded with a lot of "I don't have much to say, so I'm going to try to be funny" lately. The long "Nooooo" in this one and the absolute lack of content in the Too Human review are really detracting. Take a vacation if your writing quality is going to continue to float in the toilet.

SystemWarrior

May 7, 2008
An amusing enough review, though I did enjoy Spore up to a point. The Space Stage was totally lost on me really because it was far too open and I just got spammed with declarations of war and requests for help.

Chrisos

May 21, 2008
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...
Funny, not funny, funny, not funny, funny, not funny, comic genius...

perfect_enemy64

Sep 10, 2008
it didn't seem as good as some of your other stuff but still good, but i think Yahtzee's e-mail is going to get a hammering seeing as spore has amassed quite a big fan base before it came out. but i guess I'm going to have to play the game before i see if all the hype was worth it, i had fun on the creature curator for a night or two but this review made me think twice before buying the game.

ANTX81

Jun 25, 2008
the prolem and best part of spore is the cration element. When you make the buildings are cars or creatures you have a fun time doing it, but when it becomes time to implement them its a whole lot less fun.

Just stick to the crate part and Spore is a fun time killer, actually play the game and you'll find that there dumbed down repetative versions of several other games

bawsoot

Feb 27, 2008
I was banned for 8 days when I got the Spore Creature Creator for making a penis shaped creature and uploading it to the Sporepedia.

I called it Obligatory Cock Joke but that didn't seem to help.

MrKeroChan

Oct 3, 2007
I'd like to hear Yahtzee wax on about some of the games he's postering as inspiration for the spore minigames.

bride_of_lister

Dec 12, 2007
I felt fairly meh about this review.
If anything I'm watching gives me the time to stare at the ads and ponder the physical possibility of some fantasy woman's underwire they're doing it wrong.