Zero Punctuation: Spore

Surreysmith

Aug 27, 2008
I was going to buy spore for the fact that I could play god.
Not like in sims where the charcters don't do what you say if they dont feel ilke it.
But now I wont bother.

Cr4zy Jeff

Sep 17, 2008
I had a pretty sure feeling this game was set to be the review, and what a shocker! it was.. but i wrote my own review earlier so whatever I know what i thought and... btw keep up the funnies Yahtzee!

Surreysmith

Aug 27, 2008
Surggical_Scar post=6.71753.735647 said:
Next man to dick about with a stupidly long 'No' is going to get raped with a rusty chainsaw.
You know a clean chainsaw works far better.

Inriri

Jun 4, 2008
Oddly enough, I hated the sims but I do love Spore. I dunno why, but it's fun just running around beating the crap out of everything with my own creations. I do agree the tribal and civilization parts sucked, as I only played it to unlock the space part.

I'm thinking either Mercenaries 2 or Warhammer next week

Carcer

Feb 13, 2008
I think the long, drawn out "no" and the way you guys found it boring and repetitive to be an extremely good representation of my experience with the space stage in general. Started good, quickly became tiresome.

DeLukas

May 7, 2008
Surreysmith post=6.71753.735656 said:
To quote a movie, "It's DULL, you twit. It'll hurt more." Ok, so maybe their aren't sharp to start with, but you get the point. . .chain. . .something.

Inriri post=6.71753.735658 said:
I'm thinking either Mercenaries 2 or Warhammer next week
Mercenaries 2 then. . .we won't see Warhammer until there is a 14 day free trail and nothing else has come out that week if history can be used to predict the future.

Furrama

Jul 24, 2008
I do agree parts are shallow, but so was this review. I got the feeling you didn't play long enough to milk some of the juicer content for a better laugh. I really never played the Sims so I can't share in your disappointment. And if your theology is to think everything is crap until it proves itself otherwise I don't see how you (or others) can be upset that Will didn't deliver the game you were expecting.

As a more artsy person the appeal for me was creature design, and it tickles me to go on Sporeapedia and see what other people have made. Somebody made a Charles Darwin :)

And what game were you playing? It was a billion times easier to play a hippie herbivore than an evil monster bent on world extinction.

Well, I liked it. I'm gonna go play it some more :p

Dustereg

Sep 17, 2008
funny when all my freinds told me how great it was no one seemed to mention anything bad about it, well im still to poor to buy it regardless.

Isaac Dodgson

The Mad Hatter
May 11, 2008
...That whole No bit was like any and all jokes in an episode of Family Guy. It's half funny, all lame, and taken just past too far to the point of annoyance.

Everything else however was...well meh, not your best.

Surggical_Scar

Feb 13, 2008
DeLukas post=6.71753.735660 said:
Surreysmith post=6.71753.735656 said:
To quote a movie, "It's DULL, you twit. It'll hurt more." Ok, so maybe their aren't sharp to start with, but you get the point. . .chain. . .something.
You, sir, just won 10 points for a classic Alan Rickman reference.

And amazingly enough, my threat seems to have worked.

Ah, now I'm just tempting fate.

DoggySpew

Sep 17, 2008
The whole point of Spore is "being creative". And yes, it is a dumbdowned version of almost any game in the making.
I find it still a good game, even if Yahtzee doesn't like it.

But he does have a point about phase transition.

Ickabod

May 29, 2008
I honestly don't know if he even played the game this time or just read the boards.

On top of that it wasn't even funny this time around.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
Spore isn't bad, it's not th game of the year, it's not awesome, not really that good but it's not bad.

The DRM on the other hand...

thomwong

Sep 3, 2008
Just stole Spore...er...lawfully paid for it and after bashing my head about with the cell stage have finally crawled out onto land. Only by this point I stopped caring.