Zero Punctuation: Spore

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
I have to say, I expected a better review -- it's like he hardly even played the game at all. Not only was there no mention of the DRM issue, but it's absurdly easy to conquer the universe as herbivore/peaceful, so the review didn't even have its facts straight. (And my herbivore only died once in Cell, and that was only because I didn't recognise the eggs so I didn't expect hungry carnivores to hatch out of them.)

The game does have some quite serious flaws (although I still like it in spite of those), but the review avoids discussing any of those in favour of lamenting how much unlike The Sims it is. Duh.

The "NO" was funny, though. (But again, the advertising video was longer than the review video.)

Nitro 288

Jun 5, 2008
Spore =/= The Sims

Also, i found this review to be very disappointing. Not as funny as previous reviews, and the "Noooooo" section was more annoying than funny.

Janin

Sep 17, 2008
http://www.spore.com/static/postcard/20080917/79/73/80/500079738045.jpg

I had a few moments :p

I kinda enjoy the 'game', but it is seriously lacking in some (read 'most') departments :eek:
Still playing it aswell tbh. I like it :|

Frosk

Mar 12, 2008
ItaniKnight post=6.71753.736314 said:
Also, as an American you're not really qualified to talk about your own foreign policy because you're not affected by it. We are.
But you don't have to deal with his domestic policy which is just as bad if not worse.

Hawaiigm

Apr 11, 2008
I'm really confused. Not because I thought anything he said was wrong, but because there is so much more he could have said. Seriously, Spore is not a game that is slim on content.

Phellix

Sep 7, 2008
No wonder that i can't play this game for more then an hour....
now i know the reason...
Im BOOOOOOOOOOOOORED

TaboriHK

Sep 15, 2008
Frosk post=6.71753.736432 said:
Also, as an American you're not really qualified to talk about your own foreign policy because you're not affected by it. We are.
But you don't have to deal with his domestic policy which is just as bad if not worse.
Add on top of that that we have to deal with all of the consequences of our stupid politicians.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
Finally! Somebody cut down that overhyped crap!

Thank you so very much, Yahtzee, I'm very grateful.

Jerakal

Aug 30, 2007
I really would have liked more options, as great as the creature creator is , it seems like only those gifted few with a nigh omniscient knowledge of its dark inner workings can truly unlock its potential.

I have to agree that cell stage as a herbivore sucks a little bit, but other than that my experience so far has been pretty much the opposite, I played a barbaric carniverous bug race and a leaf eating bird-thing race and found the latter to be much easier in all stages after cell.

Of course now that I've gotten to space with the peaceful race I'm finding it ever more frustrating to do these other galactic empires bidding to attempt to appease them, I would much rather just blow the shit out of them.

Janin

Sep 17, 2008
Cid SilverWing post=6.71753.736470 said:
Finally! Somebody cut down that overhyped crap!

Thank you so very much, Yahtzee, I'm very grateful.
Finally? I don't think I've seen a good review yet :eek:

Just glad he didn't bring up the DRM stuff. Makes a nice change!

Badabinski

May 7, 2008
I actually kind of liked Spore. I didn't enjoy the World of Warcraft-type part (I will now and forever hate that game,) but the rest of it was decently fun. Not as good as I thought it would be, but it was enjoyable for me.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
Janin post=6.71753.736476 said:
Finally? I don't think I've seen a good review yet :eek:

Just glad he didn't bring up the DRM stuff. Makes a nice change!
I've seen this game been advertised absolutely everywhere (even on national TV here in Norway which is unheard of!) and heard it from my friends so much I was ready to vomit from it.

Humanfishboy

Aug 9, 2008
Pfft, I quite like Spore. I like Spore and I'm PROUD of it!

Buuut I appreciate why some people don't like it. Takes all kinds to make a world, after all.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
TaboriHK post=6.71753.736468 said:
Frosk post=6.71753.736432 said:
Add on top of that that we have to deal with all of the consequences of our stupid politicians.
Exactly. It's not like every American wants to be pathologically hated for the policies of their leaders. Anyways I didn't exactly want to go off on this geopolitical tangent (in which case why did I say it, right?)

Anyway I am suddenly realizing he didn't even mention the DRM thing. Perhaps cause everyone else did

SiirusNagisa

Mar 5, 2008
Didn't spore release a while ago? Why wait so long for a review?

... meh, righto. So then we're getting our Castle Crashers review next week, yes? :p

Lupie

May 14, 2008
That first minute saw me actually genuinely injuring myself, so hard did I laugh. Really! I have injured myself. I'm sitting on a creaky old Futon in my new house, which has wooden floors in the room I'm in, with my laptop on a wooden chair that wobbles when I type. When I laughed, I banged my head against the frame of the Futon, and then I got a splinter in my foot from the floor.

So there we go.