Zero Punctuation: Spore

Liatach

Jun 27, 2008
Still yet to play it and I was so looking forward to it but this review, coupled with the evil DRM may have effectively turned me off.
If you ever actually read this far Yahtzee
this could be fun:
http://www.agdinteractive.com/homepage/homepage.html
Nice work as always

JohnnoVN

Sep 18, 2008
I have to agree with Yahtzee on this one Spore was really overrated (like most games in the past 2 years, see Halo 3). Progressing through the game as someone who chooses destruction & domination really makes it hard for anyone who chose the opposite, the horrible pansies they are. I stopped playing as soon as it got to the final phase as it just turned even more repetetive than the start. Bottom line if you like Sim City series don't buy this untill it comes down in price.

Hit the nail on the head with this one Yahtzee. Good work.

boholikeu

Aug 18, 2008
I was really disappointed with this review. Bashing Spore for shallow strategic gameplay is like bashing the Sims for its repetitive point-and-click activities. You're missing the point that it's supposed to be a CREATIVE game, not a objective-based one.

All in all I felt like I was watching a slightly funnier version of IGN's review. It's kind of sad considering that I usually watch Yahtzee's reviews to get away from that sort of thing.

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
Each episode we are faced with more notes about Yahtzee's somewhat homosexual fantasies.

HadesWTF

Jun 4, 2008
Stretch out that "Noo" a little longer.

Next time you might be able to get away with not even really making a video.

:p Im just teasing.

KushinLos

Jun 28, 2008
Actually we are affected by foreign policy decisions. Those of us in the military fight the violent one, those of us who do business outside the states may end up without our customer for a number of reasons due to foreign policy, and we are the ones who get taxed to pay for it all for good or ill. We usually don't end up with violent responses here though.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
Interesting review, if a bit stale.

Also, WAY too many ads.

Did you notice that that Warhammer ad went for longer than the actual feature? I have a limited amount of downloads, and I don't want to be wasting them on that, every single time.

SIDENOTE: No one banned on the first page? No "FIRST!" trolls? Is this the apocolypse?

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
I liked the review (although the 'NOOO...' was about 5 seconds too long to remain funny all the way through), but I also liked Spore.

Although Yahtzee's comments have me stratching my heads somewhat - about how difficult this and that is - On my first run through, I created a peaceful herbivore species and had no trouble surviving at all. Cell stage was also easy for me. I dunno, maybe he was trying on the Hard difficultly whereas I played on Normal.

RaiDK

Apr 24, 2008
The9mm post=6.71753.736799 said:
to put fifteen seconds of no into your vid is an insult
to bash spore is an even bigger one
just because your mind has corroded from eating to much gaming shit and a game does not pull your cock the right way, you shouldn't stop being open to new technology and new gaming-ideas
space age sucks in some ways
but thats about it
good night and good luck
lol fanboy.

Good review!

antronach

Aug 25, 2008
what were the 5 games he was talking about, i saw CnC, civilzation, WoW, but what were the other two?!@?

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
Anyone else having the same problems viewing this flv as the EVE online one? All I get is a dark grey box. Leaving the pc for 30 minutes doesn't help, nor does any of the steps under the help link. Yes, I'm using internet exploiter, I don't particularly like firefox, and chrome won't load the warhammer online account page yet, so I'm not using it yet.

Any advice (that doesn't involve installing firefox), please?

MisterDevil

Sep 6, 2008
i loved it :D ... simply great, but the part with "after doing something good, should be the last thing you do" also applies to him :)

excessum ado

Dec 27, 2007
Ive got to agree with fondant. Your material is getting pretty old. Your starting to make the same jokes and certain trends in your choice of wording are emerging. Try mixing it up a little.

prozaker

Sep 18, 2008
i usually like the reviews, but this one sucked.

and since i dont have anything else to say, ill just fill the rest of my post with a useless attempt of being funny.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

try harder next time.

MisterDevil

Sep 6, 2008
prozaker post=6.71753.737906 said:
i usually like the reviews, but this one sucked.

and since i dont have anything else to say, ill just fill the rest of my post with a useless attempt of being funny.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

try harder next time.

that was FUNNY

Koboshi

Sep 13, 2008
While I could see the comic nature of the long "Noo", it was a bit stretched.Though still funny nonetheless, at least in it's own way ^^.I may have to use that line someday.In any event I still liked the review.Keep up the good work Yahtzee~

Fratboy

Jul 16, 2008
I think Spore is an ok game to just pass time with. :p
Personally i love the repetitive space sim xD oh well