Zero Punctuation: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

niceguy191

Mar 11, 2010
So wait... When you clone a Jedi the clone is as powerful as the original??? Well why the hell don't they make a Jedi clone army? In the first movie (by that I mean Ep. 1) they mention that the clones were altered to make them more obedient, so why not take someone (lets say Darth Maul) who is powerful AND a Sith by choice, clone him a bajillion times and make him follow orders really well. Or even alter them to be MORE powerful.

Forget the death star! Send down a Jedi army 10,000 strong and let them wipe the planet clean in a matter of days, leaving the planet and resources still intact. Who would be able to stand up to a huge Jedi army?? Maybe I'm just over-thinking this or something...

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
I played this on the PC and yeah it wasn't all that great. The demo was fun but basically the game is the demo X5. There were a few good moments but the majority is going room to room killing the same enemies, and moving a few different objects to progress. Given the powers at your disposal environmental puzzles would've been nice. Only thing I can really commend this game on is the graphics and the cutscenes the facial animations were great. The endings were stupid both light and dark. The dark one I predict will just open up for DLC.

Slimshad

Sep 16, 2009
Akalabeth said:
Slimshad said:
Why have you been reviewing these kinds of games? Like you said in your EP, they're repetitive, and stink of filler before the Christmas season. Review some old games, at least they would be a trifle entertaining.
Because 9/10 people want him to.
Because 9/10 people want the new games option? Or the other way around? Because most of the people I've heard want him to review their favorite titles, which happens to be older games 80% of the time. It doesn't even have to be older games, they can just be something new, some new material to cover. Just give a break to the mainstream bull#$*@ that splurges out of the sequel machine.

Demonio Penguino

Oct 11, 2009
I was hoping this would be Sonic Colors(seeing as it came out in Australia first(seriously, Wtf?)), which most people consider to be a good game. D'oh well. And by the way, I actually kind of like this game. I mean, it's mindless fun, and since when were the controls and visuals bad?

Towels

Feb 21, 2010
niceguy191 said:
So wait... When you clone a Jedi the clone is as powerful as the original??? Well why the hell don't they make a Jedi clone army? In the first movie (by that I mean Ep. 1) they mention that the clones were altered to make them more obedient, so why not take someone (lets say Darth Maul) who is powerful AND a Sith by choice, clone him a bajillion times and make him follow orders really well. Or even alter them to be MORE powerful.
Fanboy moment: Mass producing Jedi that are battle-ready from birth tend to leave them mentally unstable. Evidentally the Force is too powerful for technical "newborns" and drives them insane. (The stormtroopers can be breed massively because there are ways to immunize them from reactions to the Force at birth, but that means no Jedi powers.) This exact idea was explored in the sequel book "Heir to the Empire."

But then again, that's pretending the Star Wars universe has continuity. :)

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
I watched this review just after I watched the reviews Plinkett did of Episode I and II.

The internet has reached maximum awesomeness.

Thick

Feb 10, 2009
You know what? I used to like Star Wars. I suppose you could call me a reformed fanboy...if there is such a thing. The first three films had the sort of charm that was simple and universally accessible. You can tell that it did because after you think about the first films for a while, you can't put your finger on why they were good, they just were. But as a point that has been raised elsewhere, the longer a property like this goes on, the more material you have to add to it, keep compatible with what came beforehand etc, and you have lost that simplicity that originally made it great.

This shows my ignorance and is perhaps proof of my lost mantle of fanboy, but I was under the impression that Lucas wrote the first three films. Did he not?

I saw George Lucas once say how he copes with all this criticism of the new Star Wars things, i.e. he totally shrugs it off. He offers that kids today who had no exposure to the original films only know the property through the Clone Wars et al, and they just love it.

eyedonutkair

Feb 6, 2009
Kulingile said:
eyedonutkair said:
Slimshad said:
Why have you been reviewing these kinds of games? Like you said in your EP, they're repetitive, and stink of filler before the Christmas season. Review some old games, at least they would be a trifle entertaining.
Agreed. Why not review less popular games that are actually fun to play. I'd give you a list of games I think should be reviewed, but I think I'll put out the flames before they're posted. >.>
Well didn't Yahtzee say that people didn't like it when he talked positively about a game, like his review of Psychonauts. Most people enjoy watching a game get torn to shreds.
Good point. In that case, however, why did he review a game that everyone already knew sucked? :p lol

PrinceofPersia

Sep 17, 2010
Well as usual yahtzee hit the nail right on the head. TFU and TFU 2 are the BS of shovelware that made me glad that I only rented TFU for a day and returned it that very same day. Now I just hope to all the forces of good that SWTOR doesn't suck just as bad. *Sigh* Thanks Lucas you jerk.

Mathew Hay

Sep 27, 2010
I am a massive Star Wars fan (probably one of the largest) and i have to say that this thing does for video games what The Star Wars Holiday Special did for movies, sadly.