Zero Punctuation: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

De Ronneman

Dec 30, 2009
Usually I take Yahtzee's reviews with a grain, oh well, a complete shaker of salt, but now I honestly think he's right...

I borowed it of a friend, who allready finished it and said I'd probably like it. I plowed through it in one afternoon and hated it's guts...

1 was decent, at least the story was half interesting. This is just a rip-off...

LogicNProportion

Mar 16, 2009
While the jokes towards us Star Wars fans were funny, I can't help but feel if you are grossly unattached to your fans, Yahtzee. Seriously.

"Who likes Star Wars anymore?"

A lot of people do. Probably too many people do. Because, sadly, we brought into our circle those who like games like The Force Unleashed.

Seriously, everything is always way too "OVER 9000!" with this game and its predecessor, which is a real turn off for people like me who still think the lightsaber fights in the original trilogy were better. Now don't get me wrong, I liked Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith with its fancy combat...but The Force Unleashed is just taking it too far.

Mr Waffle

Mar 18, 2010
I already passed on this game, glad to see it's not worth my time.

I actually really enjoyed The Force Unleashed, and even bought the DLC. But then Lucasarts released that "Sith Edition" with exclusive content, which was just a massive middle-finger to the fans who had supported the game in the first place.

Maybe I'll pick this up when it is re-released in double-dipping format...

aguywhoknowsaguy

Feb 10, 2010
I heard that the wii version of force unleashed 2 is the superior out of all of them. That's pretty sad when you consider that was the one they didn't care about.

ascorbius

Numberwanger
Nov 18, 2009
Battlefront3 was finished and then killed by Lucasarts in a petty dispute with the devs.

Apparently it was the very definition of AWESOMNESS. Seamless ground to space transitions, grab a ship, dock with star destroyers and run around playing some more. Imagine the freedom of GTA in a Star Wars game!

But they killed it... and killed Free Radical Design at the same time. Thanks George!!

So the guys who brought us Time Splitters were killed in a petty dispute by George 'Vomit from a Pen' Lucas.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Wahahaahahahah! I laughed happy tears ^^

I'll still play it though, who doesnt like to throw their lightsaber around once in a while, huh? Know what I mean, know what I mean, nudge, nudge, wink, wink etc.

bman3k

Oct 23, 2008
Mr Waffle said:
I already passed on this game, glad to see it's not worth my time.

I actually really enjoyed The Force Unleashed, and even bought the DLC. But then Lucasarts released that "Sith Edition" with exclusive content, which was just a massive middle-finger to the fans who had supported the game in the first place.

Maybe I'll pick this up when it is re-released in double-dipping format...
That's how I felt, and don't buy it

I've watched most of the ZP episodes and I find them hilarious, but I usually don't agree with all of his opinions. However his review for TFU 2 was spot on, I was massively disappointed by it and he points out all the worst parts (padded out and still too short, lame boss fights, blah blah). The first one had its flaws, but it was so original, massively fun and REASONABLE LENGTH that it was still worth it.

I'm not buying TFU3 unless it gets god like reviews =_=

JohnGD117

Sep 15, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Star Wars is still a good franchise.

All you have to do is remove EVERYTHING that Lucas had directorial control over.

Leaving you with Star Wars, Empire, bits of Return and a few other good bits from the novels. Maybe the original RPG.
Oh, but remember it's the original, not the Enhanced versions.

Oh, and Tie Fighter.

The rest is ejaculate.

Actually, just get Joseph Campbell and Jim Henson and give them light sabres. That's the good part of Star Wars.

The game? I deleted it after a minute playing the demo. What a waste of time.
OMG I loved TIE Fighter! I forgot about that game!
But then again, I also loved Rebellion...

ItsAPaul

Mar 4, 2009
Don't get me started on how everything thats not a book lucasarts puts out make the universe more retarded. It'd be a worthwhile investment to read everything if they just stuck to the 6 movies, but every other month you have a game or tv series come out that destroys the canon while being herp derp retarded for funsies. Like this one: spoiler alert, more than two jedi survive the vadercaust between episode 3 and 4, and they make shit up to pull another one out of nowhere in the comic all the time.

Kwatsu

Feb 21, 2007
LogicNProportion said:
Seriously, everything is always way too "OVER 9000!" with this game.
Pfft. Star Wars would never be *that* blatant.

Obi-Wan said:
Over 20,000! Even Master Yoda doesn't have a midichlorian count that high!
... oh.

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
Awwww Yahtzee couldnt handle the level of difficulty in the super star wars line of games. That series was good, sorry you couldn't handle it and deem the game shit. So if Yahtzee has a hard time with something he whines and cries about it being the games fault...

Neino Ranatos

Jul 12, 2010
Loved the review, as usual. I really have to agree that this seqel is just shameless money milking. People at LucasArts need to wisen up and learn to toss George out like the hack he is.

I'm still waiting for the next battle of Yahtzee v.s. Moleneuax in Fable 3's review.

draking09

Sep 18, 2008
yahtzee i've been a big fna of yours for a loour long time. i've loved your work in pointing out the many flaws in games. i thank you for that because some one has to start bring quality to these games. but as each video goes by i notice that you YOURSELF have become nuck warm and cold as the games you review. your jokes and quick wit has become dull and i really think you need to up your game before you can talk about other games. so yahtzee i want your next show for you to try to make me laugh like you used too.

DrMegamanPhD

Nov 17, 2010
the best thing that will ever happen to the star wars franchise is when george lucas passes away or quits

Shapoolaman

Feb 25, 2010
All I have to say is that a TRUE Star Wars fan completely ignores everything other then the original three films... and "arguably Knights of the Old Republic".