Zero Punctuation: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Wengle

Nov 9, 2007
About time!
Best one in a long Yahtzee. You've shown that you've still got it! Whatever IT is... =D

Giygas

Mar 1, 2008
It's funny how you assume the 360/PS3 versions are better, the game itself is just bad

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
*sigh* I'd been waiting for Yahtzee to savage this game, but I was hoping he would spend more than a few seconds talking about the actual GAME, rather than spending two-thirds of the review bashing the Wii and a quarter of it bashing the admittedly-very-bash-worthy George Lucas. But of course, he discovered a long time ago that bashing the Wii gets him more attention and drama, so of course that's just a pipe dream.

Oh, and a little advice to Yahtzee although I know he won't read it: The PS3 version is almost as bad. Don't bother.

XPats

Aug 20, 2008
Did somebody actually ask why people dislike the the Star Wars prequels so much? Really?

Atvomat_Nikonov

Jul 2, 2008
My first Yahtzee comment. This has been his first good video in a while, I found myself laughing quite abit. I've never played the Wii version of TFU, but from videos I have seen it looks bad. I've played the 360 version and I loved it, it was a great hack and slash.

Platinum117

Aug 15, 2008
Actually i fucking loved this game, until they start throwing the proximity exploding force power immune flamethrower troopers of doom at you. That was the 360 version however and the wiimote just isnt good enough to really show off the lightsaber swinging.

Its not a great game i have to admit, its gets fucking frustrating and boss battles are fun when you arent fighting off all the rest of their allies because its undermiens the awesome epic battles when you have to stop and fight off about 30 fucking weak ass monsters just so the jedi can reappear and anally penetrate you with their lightsaber. Anyway my point is that i did enjoy this game a lot despite its flaws, nothing feels more badass than picking up three storm troopers electrocuting them, and then throwing them into another squad of other troopers. Genius

Also I found this review fucking hilarious, keep up the good work yahtzee, ikt was ncie to see a game i like not get verbally skinned alive

Opacic

Jun 25, 2008
Spacewolf post=6.73484.797088 said:
why do poeple hate the Prequels the 1st one had a good lightaaber sequnce the second one had a good battle and the 3rd one had both you can just skip the rest, anyone great reveiw glad i bought the PS3 vesion
Because it's horribly shit compared to the original trilogy.

On the game.

Starkiller is the penultimate example of the Mary Sue archtype, and goddammit, the ending almost gave me an anger stroke, how hard they try to make him important to to the whole beginnings of the Alliance to Restore the Republic, to saving critical members of it, to having him go toe to toe with the Emperor himself very easily.

I have to stop, or else I probably will have that stroke.

XPats post=6.73484.797101 said:
Did somebody actually ask why people dislike the the Star Wars prequels so much? Really?
The terrible dialogue, the lack of pacing, crappy character development, overused and fake looking CGI.

Oh, and Jar Jar Binks.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
well it's good to know that I shouldn't have gotten the Wii version and can stick with playing my friend's copy of the 360 version.

On another note it seems funny to me that Yahtzee pines for an attachment to fix the problems of the Wii-mote when in a previous review he chastizes Nintendo for all its other addons to it.

Ah well, c'est la vie.

On another note good luck on the wishes that the prequels will become non-canon, it takes something truly shitty to earn that status (i.e. Starfox Command)

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
nice i was gonna make a hand cut off comment but i got beaten to it. damn you!!
always found it funny that the guys who liked this game were like yea its awesommmeee. so why are you playing call of duty and not it?

Jman1236

Jul 29, 2008
Yeah, the game isn't the epic everyone was hoping for but it makes a kick ass rental I hear. Personally I'm shocked to see Yahtzee pick the Wii version over the superior, Xbox 360 and PS3 verisons. Xbox 360/PS3 ports to the Wii suck balls big time.

hayaki

Sep 4, 2008
I agree completely with Yahtzee's gripe about the controls on the Wiimote. Seriously. I share your dream of an attachment that makes it work like it's supposed to...-sigh-

And I agree with everything about the second trilogy. My god, it was...so bad. The ONLY part of it I liked was at the very end when they made Darth Vader. The rest was just...filler. That we already knew, so why did we need three incredibly long boring movies to 'tell' us?

Back to the game...lol.

I got to try it out on the 360 and it was fun. Boring, really, but fun. Force lightning is as fun as advertised. And amusing. Other than that...meh.

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!

Thanks for ripping this to shreds. The ps3 version wasn't much better, thanks to the cheeseballs skewered to a polish sausage that is the control pad and the game's clumsy keyset.

'Least I got a storm trooper toy. I feel kinda like a bought a happy meal and got an ok toy but a mouldy cheeseburger and flat coke.

Roboshi

Jul 28, 2008
I am confused by the fact he constantly talks about graphics not mattering and yet the moment he talks about the Wii or the DS he leaps at the Graphical quality at the first chance he gets.

But, as always, hilarious reveiw and ritualistic beating of George Lucas is always funny (especially since he's the one providing the "alternatives" to funding a new Psyconaughts or Grim Fandango)

Mark B

Nov 5, 2007
Roboshi post=6.73484.797123 said:
I am confused by the fact he constantly talks about graphics not mattering and yet the moment he talks about the Wii or the DS he leaps at the Graphical quality at the first chance he gets.
and in the Crysis review mentioning how good they are.

He only seems to mention them when they are particularly good or bad, hhmmm I wonder if he has thought about being a critic ?

Edable Giraffe

Aug 13, 2008
I agree with everything said about the wii and about star wars in this review. They both should have died a while back.

Anyway, about the dream of an extension that makes the wii actually work, it's on its way, WiiMotionPlus i think it's called. Should have been included at launch, but it's not like Nintendo to miss out on a bit of money upgrading their hardware is it?