Zero Punctuation: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Nohra

Aug 9, 2008
UltraBlumpkin post=6.73484.797226 said:
Hahaha, I went with some friends to see it the weekend it came out. During that scene, the three of us laughed out loud in the theater and we got "SHHHHHHHH'd" by like 5 people around us. Some guy even chucked his popcorn at us, but missed and hit the people behind us. They were not happy Jedi. I like Star Wars and all, but the dialogue is just laughable (literally). It's a fun movie to watch once, but sad that it detracts from the original 3.
"I find your lack of pants disturbing, admiral."
"Now witness the power of these fully operational pants!"
"Luke, I am your PANTS."
"But I can't see with my pants down, how am I supposed to fight?"

Star Wars dialogue - Insert pants, laugh harder.

SimpleReally

Feb 4, 2008
Too off-topic for me

the only good piece of info i got was that the saber controls on the wii were hard
that sums up the review right there

P.S: who is the lawyer in the vid?

Edit: nvm i found out

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
ppl do kno tht he is dissin this game on the wii?? not anyother console lol, but as always good review, i liked the "me n a friend played the duel mode, i was anikin n he was darth vader, just to completely fuck up the cannon" lol, left me in stitches:p

kefanii

Aug 7, 2008
Have they unbanned Silent Hill V in Australia yet? The R18 being waved around makes me think not. No R rating in Australia, so you can't rate SH, so it can't come out. Such balls. If I can't play SH5, at least Yahtzee has to...!

I hope to all hell he gets his hands on it soon. Trashing Lucas Arts is fun and all, but I've been waiting for the SH review since 0rigins.

Rinus

Jan 22, 2008
most of the review is critisizm on the limitations of the wii... I am playing it on the 360 now and it is very good! Graphics awesome, level design sometimes a bit dodgy with invisible walls, the combat is fantastic, some annoying unskippable sequenses but what surprised me is that darth vader's aprentice of all ppl is turning to the light side, and there is nothing I can do about it! I didn't buy the game so I could be sensitive or care about anyone! I just want to be an evil bastard, kill all who opose me and rule the galaxy!!! *evil laughter*

not the best game evar, but I deffinately like it!

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
I've definitely heard mixed reviews about this game. Not all Star Wars games are shit, just the most recent ones (LEGO Star Wars? Is George Lucas really that desparate?)

Still, I will forever hold up the original Knights of the Old Republic as one of the best RPG's I've ever played, and Revan, Bastila, and Carth are some of the greatest Star Wars characters. KOTOR 2 was ok, but I hear that they may be making a KOTOR 3.

If it came out, I'd play it more out of loyalty to the KOTOR series more than anything. I just hope they don't kill it too badly.

sequio

Dec 15, 2007
Good review, kudos for use of "deadite."

Not really surprising Lucas is still milking SW brittle tits.

PirateRose

Aug 13, 2008
I'm glad you did the Wii version. Xplay ripped to shreds the PS3 and the Xbox 360 version, then there was a batch of people going around saying it's the Wii version that is good. I had my doubts and you just confirmed them.

MpSai

Jun 25, 2008
Aww, I was expecting a Silent Hill 5 review. Oh well, I'm sure it's coming and will be deliciously ranty. I share your prequel trilogy and Lucas rage though. Very very much.

I said I'd get the Wii version if the light saber noise comes out of the controller, but I guess it doesn't. And I guess the Wii version sucks. SIGH. Oh well, I still have de Blob until my 360 comes back from the repair place.

bluerahjah

Mar 5, 2008
I played the 360 version, and while the story was "canon" and a complete piece of redundant crap, the game was actually decent. Not great, not good, but decent. The levels were boring and repetitive, the dialogue was uninspired, and for the sake of all that is good and just, who thought it was a good idea for the Star Destroyer part? Hmmm? I want to know, I'll just wait here until someone goes to find him/her/it. I bet it was Joss Whedon, sounds like something he'd do.

It was however the first decent action Star Wars game in recent history, so I'll let that go, (And I'm not counting either of the Battlefront games or one of my favorites KOTOR.)