Zero Punctuation: Steam Roundup

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Steam Roundup

Fall releases are right around the corner, so Zero Punctuation takes this last chance to look at a few recent indie titles released on Steam.

Watch Video

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Yaay! Sleeping dogs next week? Love that game.

I quite agree on the Orcs Must Die point, it is rather insulting eventually that the mobs just pass you.. >: /

"Have at ye! Beast!"
"Move it! I am late for my barber appointment!"

Ajbub

Mar 24, 2009
Good Review, but I hope you do Dust: An elysian tale because it is easily one of the best games of the XBL summer of arcade.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
That ending. Poor abandoned hooker Steam. How will she feed her headcrabs now?

Question to those who have played that Unwritten Tales game: it looks to me like Deathspank. Am I right in drawing that comparison?

Ajbub said:
I smell bot.

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
Ajbub said:
Good Review, but I hope you do Dust: An elysian tale because it is easily one of the best games of the XBL summer of arcade.
He wrote about it in Extra Punctuation

Nice to see the difficulty curve in Orcs Must Die 2 is still steep as all hell. Should be an interesting, if frustrating, game.

chimeracreator

Jun 15, 2009
I get that Yahtzee hates multiplayer, but why talk about Orcs Must Die over Dungeon Defenders? I tried both at the same time, but the difference is I still played Dungeon Defenders and their constant expansions keep making the game even deeper and more fun. Then again I guess the traps aren't as visceral as the ones in Orcs Must Die, also there hasn't been a formal sequel as they keep just keep releasing new DLC every few weeks for around $3.

1nfinite_Cros5

Mar 31, 2010
Ajbub said:
He already talked about it in his column. Said it was the best out of all of the XBLA releases, but not great. Take that for what it is.

Anyways, it's great to see that Yahtzee is giving a little extra attention to indie games around this time where AAA games are just beginning to pour out.

OuendanCyrus

Jun 16, 2010
Ha, great ending, though I am really curious if he will enjoy Sleeping Dogs (I still prefer Yakuza 4 and I'm excited as hell for the 5th one).

Little disappointed that he didn't mention Dungeons of Dredmor though.

Balkan

Sep 5, 2011
A zero punctuation about a game in whitch you play a asian guy who sings karaoke and dresses up like an idiot cant be unhilarious .

GenGenners

Jul 25, 2012
The most entertaining ZP I've seen in the past few weeks!

Also, hope it's Sleeping Dogs next week.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
The ending of this video made me chuckle.

Looking forward to your Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders 2 "reviews" Yahtzee.

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
You really could've done so many more games... I mean, I've been playing alot of Symphony and Awesomenauts. (Although I could understand why Yahtzee wouldn't bother with the latter.)

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
TheKasp said:
*looks at Binding of Isaac reference*

He did call it great? Now I can feel smug and hipster: I LIEKED BOI BEFORE IT WAS COOL!
I kinda want to see a ZP review of TBoI now..

Also this episode has got to have the 2nd best ending of all the episodes.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Yatzee is unusually excited about Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders 2. It disturbs me, even though I am interested in them relatively much more than usual. I'm considering buying them on the basis of elaborately beating up goons in exotic environments.

TheKasp said:
*looks at Binding of Isaac reference*

He did call it great? Now I can feel smug and hipster: I LIEKED BOI BEFORE IT WAS COOL!
He already reviewed BoI months ago in an Extra Punctuation. I think it was the Diablo III one to go along with random dungeons, or one about some uninteresting FPS.

Aircross

Jun 16, 2011
Sleeping Dogs just came out...

...and it's on Steam too!!!

Now I can wait a year to get it 50% off!