Zero Punctuation: Super Mario Maker

TheWulf

Jun 9, 2011
Sycophantic behaviour aside, I have to say I'm disappointed with this. And not because of the game itself but because of Yahtzee's downhill freefall into spectacle that rivals reality television. I remember that there was a time when Yahtzee was an entertaining critic who could point out the flaws of a game in a funny -- if slightly cynical -- way without angrily trashing every game in the vein of an intellectually challenged, poorly educated Youtube LPer.

That's changed.

I don't know if it's the money, or whether he's taken a blow to the head, but I could actually hear the anger in this. That's not something I like hearing. It isn't at all constructive, not even for more critical perspectives. He's sounding more and more like Ebert did, as if the ghost of Ebert has possessed poor Yahtzee and is now using him to express a dire hatred for video games. This doesn't work for me at all.

I haven't watched Yahtzee in a while, now. The last time I came back and poked a video was about six months back and that was quite angry, I hoped he would improve and recover from his head injury. It's just not the case. This isn't even intelligent any more. It's just schlock. No, I'm not a Nintendo fan. I just clicked a video that I thought might raise his ire to see if he's still spewing so much hate around.

I miss the Yahtzee from a few years back. All I get from him now is that he's a very, very angry man and anyone who disagrees with him is a 'stupid poopy poo-poo head.'

It's disappointing.

I miss funny and critical. He's angry now than Angry Joe ever was. And acting less intelligently. It's very unfortunate. This is meant to be criticism of the critic, as I'm disappointed by his descending spiral into madness. I think that whatever baggage he has should be left out of this job. And if he's unable to do that... maybe it's time for a new job?

And I'm not a hater, I was a Yahtzee fan at one time. I used to think he had some smarts to his name. Now I'm embarrassed to ever have watched.

Tell me you don't hear all that anger. He makes Groundskeeper Willy sound like a Buddhist monk by comparison.