Zero Punctuation: The Amazing Spider-Man

Neofishie

Sep 23, 2010
Can we just get Spider Man 2-2? Keep the web slinging and keep the amount of citizens reporting crimes to a minimum so I don't get burnt out on the combat just by travelling to my next destination.

Caffeine_Bombed

Feb 13, 2012
CronoT said:
Since the beginning of video games, expecting a movie tie-in game to suck is like expecting the sun to rise. It just happens, and there's very little we can do to stop it from happening.
There are some exceptions. I really enjoyed Constantine on the Xbox. And the incredibly violent Wolverine Oranges tie-in!

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
rembrandtqeinstein said:
Not completely off topic but Spider Man for Genesis was freaking awesome for back in the day
snip
It was great and non linear too. Someone needs to do a modern remake of something like THIS game and stop spewing out shovelware.

Balkan

Sep 5, 2011
Wolf Hagen said:
Seemes Defenatly like a QTE Fest. <.<

Why do they keep doing that? In case we mess up the artists Stile?

Bad developers! Bad! ;P
Seriously ? You are telling me that just because he was never in any other city , that means that he cant be ? Its a fictional character , a they can just write it on paper and bam , he is there .
There isnt anything sacred about this paper-thin character .

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
You might as well rip off Arkham City 'cause it's about as close to being Spider-man as you can get. Batman swings around in the rafters, has a free-flow combat system that would seamlessly fit Spider-man's own fighting style of flailing around like a bee in a jar and there's plenty of exploration options for a guy who can climb anything.

Maybe its time for Marvel Films to take control and make Marvel Games.

Balkan

Sep 5, 2011
Moonlight Butterfly said:
Balkan said:
It would just be a bit strange, Like writing about Batman in Star City or something :/
I dont say that it must be made , but if the game is going to suck iderway , then they should atleast make it stand up .

porpoise hork

Fly Fatass!! Fly!!!
Dec 26, 2008
"Insipid fish paste sandwich to Batman's fearsome whale penis baguette."

Absolutely best comparison ever...

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
rembrandtqeinstein said:
Not completely off topic but Spider Man for Genesis was freaking awesome for back in the day

Meh, I had many issues with the game. Its saving grace is the awesome music.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
rembrandtqeinstein said:
Is that the only Spidey game that made Peter Parker's photography part of gameplay? I liked that touch a lot.

RorschachFlagg

Aug 1, 2012
Balkan said:
Why awlays New Yourk ? Why there is no spider-man in LA for example ? Arent there enough skyscrapers ?
Probably Prototype 1 is the better spider-man game than spider man .
Spider-Man has always been a New Yorker. It's ingrained in his character.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Falseprophet said:
rembrandtqeinstein said:
Is that the only Spidey game that made Peter Parker's photography part of gameplay? I liked that touch a lot.
Yeah it was you could take pics back to the daily bugle and get rewards. It was cool.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
People keep telling me I should play this game and I don't fucking know why. Everything Yahtzee pointed out is everything I figured there would be in a video-game-movie-tie-in. Those are rarely good. Sometimes you can be surprised, but every professional critic (IE: gets PAID to review games, not just is really good at it) has pretty much disliked this game.

I don't mind games trying to rip-off excellent games like Batman: Arkham City, but you have to do a good job of it at the least. Otherwise people will catch on and hate your for it.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Statler and Waldorf felt the same way as Yahztee about the ASM movie

Overseer76

Sep 10, 2009
I can't tell you how many games I've had to taken returns on from parents because it was "too hard". Activision must be striving to produce the ultimate "can't-fail movie-tie-in cash-grab screw-the-quality" game ever.

And that costume is seriously horrendous. It's far too busy and I have a hard time believing that Peter would design such an overblown, over-tweaked monstrosity on his first try. Daredevil had better fashion sense even in his first costume (the brown and yellow one) -- and he's blind!

RockPlazaCentral

Oct 28, 2010
This game was the most fun I have ever had with a crappy game. I was even thinking of letting my young daughter try it until that fisting scene at the end. Come to think of it, the part in the bank vault with the Black Cat also crossed the line.

I've got to say that even though I enjoyed this game, watching this review was more fun, so once again, Yahtzee, you are right. QTE's seriously need a big clobbering by Batman's whale penis baguette.

When Bob Chipman is not watching and reviewing movies, he's maintaining the balance between our world and the video game world or something.

PlasticLion

Nov 21, 2009
Ok ok I got this. The Kingpin, tired of Spider Man mucking up his plans, decides that he is going to build his next super weapon in Detroit. In the game's prologue(perfect tutorial section), Spidey breaks into one of the Kingpin's NY strongholds and discovers the nefarious plot. So Peter Parker flies to Detroit, a fresh untapped sandbox landscape. A place with a high unemployment rate (10.2% in June according to the BLS)and thus a different social dynamic than NYC. Could they have *gasp* some social commentary in a Spider Man game? Some depth? We will never know because game execs are too afraid to try.

Oh and the super weapon will need a gigantic diamond. When Spidey ultimately prevails, he takes the diamond to that pawn shop from Hardcore Pawn.

Draxz

May 2, 2012
I remember when spider man was good on the PS2... *Looks out the window*

... No I don't. But sadly if the game-play was more realistic, I think the number of people completing the game would go down, leaving the percentage to 5% since most fan-boys would explode from the annoyance of not liking things that don't work out for them. Like 5 year-old's on multi-player.

That is, unless the 80% are those annoying surrealists who don't understand how reality works. Speaking of which, isn't it only been since The Amazing Spider, they only started to care "where" the webs go? I think on the PS1 they didn't care, and if they did, then I was most probably shooting webs at air-planes and birds!

Also, don't take my 'fan-boy' comment too serious... Fan-girls do exist too.
(Sadly a little more, since they have a 'Cool Guy' as the new Spider Man not a 'Nerd'. Which personally ruined the movie but... Oh well).

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
Balkan said:
Wolf Hagen said:
Seemes Defenatly like a QTE Fest. <.<

Why do they keep doing that? In case we mess up the artists Stile?

Bad developers! Bad! ;P
Seriously ? You are telling me that just because he was never in any other city , that means that he cant be ? Its a fictional character , a they can just write it on paper and bam , he is there .
There isnt anything sacred about this paper-thin character .
I agree with this, not the paper thin character I like Spider-man but I'm tired of New York, I'm tired of cities in general for this type of game but it's needed for Spider-man to swing, and Spider-Man has left New York several times even more so now that he's with the Avengers.