Zero Punctuation: The Amazing Spider-Man

gaiusimperator

Apr 4, 2010
Oh god, how I would love it if he finally did Metro 2033 in this dry spell. I want him to destroy my favorite game of all time...

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Is it weird or sad that I totally forgot what alt+tab does?
[hr]So a fast travel system in a Spider-Man game is bad, but not having a fast travel system in (I think it was) No More Heroes, is just as bad?

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
Funnily enough, Spiderman 2 was the only Spiderman game I've ever played.
Having seen what has come after that, I never want to play another one either.

If they kind-of fused Prototype 2 with Spiderman 2 you'd have a great game.
Good mechanics (Spiderman 2)
Good monsters (Prototype 2 & Spiderman)
Good graphics (Prototype 2)
And then all you'd need is a decent story... Ehhh.

Balkan

Sep 5, 2011
canadamus_prime said:
Wow, it seems some developers have really forgotten how to make video games.
Why ? Because Yahtzee didnt like the game ?
You should thank his for thinking instead of you .

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Balkan said:
canadamus_prime said:
Wow, it seems some developers have really forgotten how to make video games.
Why ? Because Yahtzee didnt like the game ?
You should thank his for thinking instead of you .
No *insult removed*, I'm perfectly capable of thinking for myself. My observation was based on what Yahtzee said about the video game, specifically the part about pressing the button to make Spider-man go where you want him to go and the bit about being a gnome riding on Spider-man's shoulder, not because he didn't like it. I don't really care about what games Yahtzee likes and doesn't like, after all he's disliked a few games that I did like so there ya go.

drewboyo

Jun 15, 2012
Yahtzee you have GOT to play Slander it's a free download game but fuck it it's scary as shit
it's just what you wanted a truly TRULY scary game

MegaManOfNumbers

Mar 3, 2010
Lordofthesuplex said:
MegaManOfNumbers said:
Lordofthesuplex said:
Wait did Yahtzee just complain about the game having a "location warp" system in the game? Great now you've given a reason to say you're inept at this job for reasons that aren't Nintendo related, Croshaw. Namely the fact that you're just looking too desperately for things to complain about even if its stupid.

There's a term for that showing up in game reviewers' videos: "Irate Gamer" syndrome.
Woah, settle down.

He's complaining that there is a system in the game that turns the obviously "interactive experience" into an "uninteractive one". (Yes I know uninteractive isn't a word)

Also:

Skyrim has a location warp system.
ASM has a "I'm-too-lazy-to-play-the-game" button.
You sure? Because the way he described it reminded me more of the typical warp system implemented in games.
Have you even seen the game?

The web rush mechanic is only slightly similar to the traditional warp system.

And by "slightly" I mean almost completely NOTHING alike.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
drewboyo said:
Yahtzee you have GOT to play Slander it's a free download game but fuck it it's scary as shit
it's just what you wanted a truly TRULY scary game
Its stops being scary by the second run through the game and even then its a very, very, very short game that can be completed within about 6 minutes if you know what you're doing. While I understand the game has gained quite a cult following, We shouldn't be telling Yahtzee to play a 6 minute long game and then try to make jokes on the few gameplay elements it brings to the table.

In short, Yahtzee doesn't take requests, if he did, he would have already reviewed the crap joke games like QWOP or Happy Wheels.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Balkan said:
If you are a boring mother fucker who uses only one power , then sure , it will be repetitive .
Mmmm...Strawman.

The real limits in the game are the limits of one`s imagination.
But that's the same for ANY game, including any Spider-Man title, so that's kinda meaningless.

What you're really saying is "I chose to take a bland grindy game like Prototype and make it good, but I lack the imagination to make another game good."

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
MegaManOfNumbers said:

Yes, but it's in first person, so it's immediately IMMERSIVE. Therefore, win.

MegaManOfNumbers

Mar 3, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
MegaManOfNumbers said:

Yes, but it's in first person, so it's immediately IMMERSIVE. Therefore, win.
Ah. Wha. Huh. WAT.

Let me describe my feelings towards this comment in one picture:

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
MegaManOfNumbers said:
Let me describe my feelings towards this comment in one picture:

Sorry, yeah, I wasn't being serious. It can be hard to tell with text only, but I was making a joke out of the constant misuse of the word "immersion."

Overseer76

Sep 10, 2009
Darth_Payn said:
Overseer76 said:
I can't tell you how many games I've had to taken returns on from parents because it was "too hard". Activision must be striving to produce the ultimate "can't-fail movie-tie-in cash-grab screw-the-quality" game ever.

And that costume is seriously horrendous. It's far too busy and I have a hard time believing that Peter would design such an overblown, over-tweaked monstrosity on his first try. Daredevil had better fashion sense even in his first costume (the brown and yellow one) -- and he's blind!
Hah! Good ones, about Activision and costumes. Now I'm wondering if a Daredevil game can be good. He can't play THAT different from either Spider-Man or Batman, can he? He sounds like a balance between the two.
Heh. The Daredevil game would be first-person (of course), with a blank screen (except for the HUD, cause ya gotta know how many punches you have left in you), and occasionally the "sonar pulse" from the movie would emanate from your character as you navigate the rooftops of Hell's Kitchen. Take that as a parody if you will, but I'd play that game. As long as Rocksteady doesn't mind us ripping off of Arkham City in the process...