Zero Punctuation: The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

LiquidForce

Sep 5, 2008
Good review [that I disagree with ~.~] but it sounded like he didn't have an idea for a beginning and decided to skip it completely :/

Cheesebob

Oct 31, 2008
Who has given Zero Puntuation speed?

He seems to have sped up dramatically for some reason :D

Not thats a bad thing B-)

Aiwe

Oct 4, 2008
Brilliant, one of the best reviews in a while. However, I still like Riddick (got the game the day it came out), and will continue to do so. It's a brilliant game.

Rakunko Rin

May 6, 2009
Raiderz said:
PirateKing said:
I think this is the fastest Yahtzee's ever talked.
Hey, I'm not the only one that noticed. :) That threw me off a bit. He must have been going for a record in speed talking or something. lol
I have noticed this also, to me it seems like he is rushing or is busy. Never really stopped to ask though I'm too afraid of getting smacked by his 'willy'. He is still funny but it seems like something is happening I think it all started with that pilot show for his Game Show. The game show was AWESOME! But it seemed like it drained him. I hope our good o' fast talking 'willy' smacking boy is okay. Now I sound like his mother! Also I love pitch black the movies and was going to try the game out. Just remember Yahtzee nit-picks at everything in a game and should at most should take his reviews with a pebble of thought (as apposed to a grain of sand), thats what I do and I enjoyed some of his most hated games and even hate his most loved newly found genre Flight simulators, cuz ya know Hawx is crap and the only good game is Ace Combat and others. Dont know might get him to play Ace Combat see how it goes, cuz I dont know about you but I beat the demo pretty fast without dieing.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
As I've never played Butcher Bay I've been looking to get this game. I'll probably just rent it.

warfjm said:
Thank God Yahtzee called out Vin Diesel for who he is! I beginning to feel like the only sane person on the planet who thought Vin Diesel only made movies and games that glorified himself.
I think just about everyone knows that, the difference is that some people (like myself) see that his dick-waving often makes a decent action flick.

Gxas said:
But really, you didn't like Chronicles of Riddick!? I loved that movie. Its one of those "3AM, throw a movie on and fall asleep to it to be able to dream that you are in it" movies.

Pitch Black was way better though.
Agreed, good sci-fi films are few and far between.

ix_tab

Apr 25, 2009
Also, I...didn't notice any appreciable speed difference in the way Yahtzee talked. Then again, he never seems particularly fast spoken to me.

I guess because I'm an Aussie, and our way of speaking is to speed everything up, and slur it together!

Let's hear it for strine! :D

RockOn3906

Jun 7, 2008
Raiderz said:
PirateKing said:
I think this is the fastest Yahtzee's ever talked.
Hey, I'm not the only one that noticed. :) That threw me off a bit. He must have been going for a record in speed talking or something. lol
Same here. It's like he put in 30% more review in 10% less time (which, basically, left most of it unintelligible). I usually watch ZP's twice when they are put up every week, because I miss some of the good bits the first time through, but all I got from both watches was "this game is shite and I can make a lot of quick chip quips." It's a perfectly good review but it lacked the humorously timed pauses and jokes of most.

Wonder if it had anything to do with the "Riddick-ulous" comment at the end...

P.S. I dare all to say "quick chip quip" 5 times fast without messing up. You get a cookie if you can do it.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Hell, that was fast. Comparable to Rotten Sound in speed. But so mediocre. I didn't laugh and barely even smiled through the whole thing. I wonder if Yahtzee is ever going to come up with new jokes as good as Mario Galaxy's "Marshmallowman's dick in the presence of his grandma".

And damn, he actually seemed to like the game, though he didn't nag about the dark grey environments nearly as much as he has previously done. I would've expected some kind of Condemned comparation wih the first-person melee combat but okay.

But that "--developers trying to come up with baddies even less likable than the socially inept baldheaded douche" was quite good

Rakunko Rin

May 6, 2009
I usually like a screaming little fan-grrl I am, I watch at least 4 videos a day, its actually how I wake up laughing most of the time. But watch some of the earlier videos and compare his tone and speed.

3rd rung

Feb 20, 2009
All I want to say is that he is completly right about what happened in the movies went from a great movie and the slid into a pile of crap

Grifmik

Jul 17, 2008
Gxas said:
Eh, getting less and less funny each time. I believe I'm used to the jokes Yahtzee.

But really, you didn't like Chronicles of Riddick!? I loved that movie. Its one of those "3AM, throw a movie on and fall asleep to it to be able to dream that you are in it" movies.

Pitch Black was way better though.
Can i just ask? Do you idiots not get that this is about reviewing (or talking) about a game he has played, not to make us luagh, but to inform us on what its like?. He adds humour to it as a plus, its not a fucking video game parody. It really pisses me off when people say "durrrr that wasn't very funny duhhh.." OH NO! I GUESS YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO BUY THE GAME THEN, BECUASE HE COULDN'T THINK OF ANY FUNNY JOKES ABOUT IT!.