Zero Punctuation: The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

zBeeble

Doublethinker
Nov 19, 2008
As a humorous note: with my various video parameters, the title of the article in the escapist's home page appears as "Zero Punctuation: Chronicles of Riddick: Ass"

rorymclean12

Apr 2, 2009
good review, i loved bucher bay even though some of it was insanly hard ¬¬ but i still think il get the new one anyway keep the good work coming =)

skfd

Apr 6, 2009
No reviews of "indie" games in a long time. I hope next time there'll more luck. Also watched this review with poker ungrateful face on. Am I becoming a fan?

Feb 18, 2009
Damn, that was fast, or I´m getting slower. And yeah, it´s irritating when your gun constantly falls behind the fridge. Perhaps I should push the fridge more towards the wall, hmmm...

Anyway, I enjoyed.

EDIT:
Shapsters said:
PirateKing said:
I think this is the fastest Yahtzee's ever talked.
That is what I was thinking, it was confusingly faster than previous ZPs.
Maybe he was thinking, the faster he could get this crap over with the better.

Patrizzle

Dec 17, 2008
Assault and Vinegar, lol. Yeah I was really didn't see the point in remaking Butcher Bay, there was no need. I did like the The second Riddick movie though. The only problem I had with it was that they killed off all the interesting character's from the first one before they could even really develop especially Kira, oh well. Good review, funny as always, will have to pick it up when I can since I lked the demo.

nixomose

Apr 24, 2009
You do realize that yahtzee speeds up the audio don't you?
Listen to the first few reviews or watch the game review show and listen to his natural voice.

Inriri

Jun 4, 2008
Sad that he didn't comment on the multiplayer, where one of the modes centers around killing Riddick

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
I want to play Assault on Cool Ranch Doritos.

In fact, I may just go do it now!

*runs to kitchen*

nom nom nom

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
Um, I didn't even understand what Yahtzee was saying for like 3/4 of the review.

And he also managed to make fun of his favourite thing to hate: Nintendo, even though he wasn't reviewing anything that had anything to do with Nintendo. That takes some skill!

Ange1ofD4rkness

Jan 14, 2009
Well i am finally glad u played Butcher Bay (like i suggested u should). And I thought the movie Chronicles of Riddick was bad ass. BUt back to the game yeah I do admit the switching of weapons, then knifes, then stealth could get annoying but at the same time made the game more fun and harder. I mean i still haven't beaten the original (damn computer keeps fing up and I have to reset it to factory setting, and then install all 6 discs), but that game kick ass. Now I was meaning to check reviews on the new one cause from the demo it look like crap. Yeah u could switch your weapons real fast, but i could walk around then level with my goggles on and still see fine. I don't know Yahtzee, I question sometimes what you are looking for in reviewing a game. I mean were you just trying to bash Vin Diesal by chance?

psuedonymous

May 6, 2009
Enjoyed Chronicles of Riddick. Never watched Pitch Black, there maybe a correlation.
But more importantly, A missed opportunity for a Mornington Crescent joke! UNACCEPTABLE! Sufficient grounds to register and complain!

The Noble Shade

Dec 24, 2008
I really like this series, but to me it is getting hard to tell if he actually likes or dislikes the games he reviews.
BTW who is that guys head that is in all his videos?

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
I was pretty sure Yahtzee would like this game because he tends to favor the FPS. It seems the disjointed stealth/fisty/gunning approach and the fact it was a movie tie in fir a giant vat of expelled testosterone seems to have succeeded in alienating the game to him despite the fact that, FPS-wise, it had some merit.

Yahtzee would probably have complained about that more, but after he did the 50 Cent: Blood In The Sand review it's possible a great deal of the nerve endings which express pain when subjected to gratuitous beefcake ego are now dead.