Zero Punctuation: The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

DaedHead8

May 6, 2009
As a long time fan of the Riddick character and Zero Punctuation, I can say confidently that this is my favorite episode yet.

SandroTheMaster

Apr 2, 2009
Heh. People trying to take Yahtzee's reviews as a real review is strange. He intentionally looks for everything there is to dislike in a game to talk about. Dark Athena is like a new opportunity for people to play a good FPS of a few years back with better graphics. Needed? Not really, but a good game. The sole fact that he is completely disinterested in RTSs should be a clue, and although I completely agree that JRPGs suck (story-wise and gameplay-wise), this is just an opinion I happen to share with him.

Anyway, this was a poor review below his usual quality. It's an FPS, the obvious villains will be there. The most surprising was what he had of good to talk about it (actually, enough compliments to rate this as a positive review, considering Yahtzee...)

kingliving

May 28, 2008
Finally.... a funny review again. Good one going oh guy who won't read this anyway.
P.s. are you telling Vin Diesel he jerks off on himself... YOU? Ferchistssake it's like the blind guy telling the guy with an eyepatch that he should look out, what with not having any depth perception...

srpilha

Dec 24, 2008
whoa, fast-paced :)

good one, if a leeetle bit less precise/technical than usual. and yes, the 16th century puritans are a danger...

Lenoh

Apr 22, 2009
If you would have made a "Riddick-ulous" joke in the review proper, I would have paused the video, formatted my hard drive, ran across the Pacific at breakneck speed, stuck Wii controllers in both of your eye sockets, your ass, AND your urethra, ran back across the Pacific, and made it back home in time for your next review in which you review a Wii game you played with your becontrollered willy.

Luckily I didn't have to do that and I can save my feet from being mauled by bloody Jaws.

I just wish you'd stop reviewing FPS'es though, it's getting a wee bit stale and old. I do love the reviews though.

Zayren

Dec 5, 2008
"If you're the one interested in Vin Diesel's character, then HI VIN DIESEL."

I laughed really hard at that line.

Imperials

Feb 19, 2009
I thought it was pretty good.

As a side note I always liked when you would play different songs instead of your new theme.

Stewie Plisken

Jan 3, 2009
First time wasn't particularly funny for me either, though the fact that I'm both oblivious regarding and entirely uninterested in Riddick might have something to do with it.

Plus, he REALLY did speak a lot faster. I needed a second time to catch most of it; again, my not being a native English speaker might be to blame. I'll adjust to the new speed though.

MisterColeman

Mar 19, 2009
I laughed several times, good filler episode if we can call them that, but not one I'm going to remember and keep going back to.

RAKais

Jan 14, 2009
As much as I love Riddick as a character (including his films) and I especially loved Chronicles of Riddick: Assualt on Dark Athena, I laughed my ass off at this episode.

I wouldn't say it to his face either...

Mr. Blond

Mar 4, 2009
even with the extra jokes he fit in with the speed talking ZP isn't as fresh as "doomsday arcade"...take a week off ben...get some r&r...try to play a game and enjoy it for once instead of plowing through it and making a list of shit you can piss on for everyone else...or do an episode with live stills instead of animation...that would be new...oh...and who is the red haired guy that's in practically every episode

13lackfriday

Feb 10, 2009
Hmm...I could see how the alternating combat styles could become a pain, but you certainly can't blame it for gameplay variety...
Sad to hear that the Riddick persona's already gotten old and predictable...I enjoyed him in both Pitch Black and Butcher Bay as the gallows-humor, street-smart killer, but now that he's been degraded to some stereotypical badass nitwit, I just don't know what to do with Vin Diesesl anymore.
Liked the repetitive potato chip gags, though I can't say I particularly understood them.

Edit:

The Riddick games have a prominent RPG element, and I was surprised when Yahtzee failed to give notice to it at all. The sidequests and character interaction were some of the most rewarding parts of Butcher Bay.

Raiderz said:
PirateKing said:
I think this is the fastest Yahtzee's ever talked.
Hey, I'm not the only one that noticed. :) That threw me off a bit. He must have been going for a record in speed talking or something. lol
Felt like it began and ended in the same second...