Zero Punctuation: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
Breno said:
hated the start because you runined in i was ceeping it a surprise for myswlf :(
however thought the end of the video was funny :)
Does anyone know what the fuck this man just said?

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
"I'll never forget about you hovering ground lady" -Yahtzee

So YOU'RE the one that sent in that video to Game Fails.

One of the funniest things I've ever seen in a vidja game.

NevanNedall

May 11, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
Just like in the game, he ended-up shouting nonsense.
Jennacide said:
I love in the end credits he knows that there will be nude mods and child murder mods. The second one having been already made. The mod community can be nice, but also stupidly predictable at times.
Not so much predictable as dependable IMHO
Zachary Amaranth said:
And once again, Yahtzee ignores the multiplayer content. Why didn't you comment on it, Yahtzee? Why?

(please don't kill me)
No perhaps not, I've thought of a better use for you
>MFW he quoted a post that hadn't been made yet.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Jennacide said:
I love in the end credits he knows that there will be nude mods and child murder mods. The second one having been already made. The mod community can be nice, but also stupidly predictable at times.
Both actually. Sure, the nudity mods were badly done, but they were out on release day.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
I wonder if the "no, no, no, no, no!" was about reviewing Assassin's Creed 2.9 before Serious Sam 3 along with a refusal to do another gimmicky set of reviews. After all, Serious Sam 3 came out about a week ago, so it's within Yatzee's schedule to play it this week before the review two weeks from now.

Also, I'm surprised Yatzee didn't go "mage" again, like he did in WoW. When I eventually get Skyrim (I guess I'll wait for next summer), I'll make the wolves chew OTHER PEOPLE'S "stirrups" off with resurrection (or restoration, or whatever the zombie-generating spell is called).

SweetLiquidSnake

Jan 20, 2011
This was actually one of the reviews that just made me LOL more than usual, he was really on his A game for it. I honestly love skyrim, but i gotta say the biggest flaw it had was character creation, which was almost a carbon copy of mass effect 2.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
jessegeek said:
Huh, if it's that good I might actually buy it in the sales now... honestly wasn't expecting that, but if the dead-eye stare has gone and the combat is willing to meet me halfway on the intuitive level then we have a deal.
You mean despite all the news, critical acclaim and perfect review scores you're only going to considering buying it because Yahtzee liked it?

Gran28

Mar 17, 2009
Jennacide said:
Both have already been made (unfortunately)

Freaky Lou

Nov 1, 2011
Danny91 said:
My Shadowmere has killed so many things for me, up to and including two dragons. I love him.
Shadowmere's a she; Astrid doesn't know what she's talking about.

Delicious Anathema

Aug 25, 2009
This game scares me away because it just seems so dense, and I've got the nasty habit of playing the games before if I didn't. Wish I had time for something like this but Zelda seems more important now.

Otaku World Order

Nov 24, 2011
Sometimes those crazy glitches are part of the charm though. I saw them a lot in Fallout 3. I'd enter a building or fast travel somewhere and a random corpse would drop out of the sky for no reaason. There was also a time in Rivet City where I saw a guy running around in a panic for no reason. Then he ran off the edge of a platform and plummeted to his death, which was oddly hilarious.

THEoriginalBRIEN said:
That's a shame. I was really hoping Bethesda would fix their trading system in game. I remember in Fallout 3 I had all of the caps in the whole world, and all the best stuff, and everyone else was poor as shit. I wound up just travelling the land, throwing caps at the peasants and "merchants" that crossed my path. It's no fun being the 1%.
Next thing you know you have a bunch of people in tents outside your house as part of the "Occupy Megaton" movement.

jessegeek

Oct 31, 2011
anthony87 said:
jessegeek said:
Huh, if it's that good I might actually buy it in the sales now... honestly wasn't expecting that, but if the dead-eye stare has gone and the combat is willing to meet me halfway on the intuitive level then we have a deal.
You mean despite all the news, critical acclaim and perfect review scores you're only going to considering buying it because Yahtzee liked it?
Not in the sense that if Yahtzee says jump I jump, but because I was on the fence about it and a lot of the reviews I read either didn't mention those specific aspects of Oblivion that hacked me off or were kind of vague about it so it was hard to tell whether any improvements had been made. But Yahtzee hated those aspects of Oblivion too, to the fact that he commented that they had been improved and that his review was generally positive is high praise indeed. I'm crazy picky about games I like, and most reviewers aren't as annoyingly specific as me, whereas Yahtzee seems to look for similar stuff in a game and is super-critical so for stuff like this I find his reviews to be a good yardstick as well as hilarious.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
Da Orky Man said:
I think he actually liked it.
Yeah, I was confused myself at first. Personally I was hoping he'd trash it so this would be one of the new releases that I could put on the back burner, but between this, the graphical improvements and that hour I played this game at my mate's, I think Skyrim might be the first Elder Scrolls game I can actually get into.
Oh and by the way, I picked the Imperial route at the start, but for very solid reasons. Because if during a dragon disaster I'm made to choose between a bunch of prisoners dressed scantily in fur and a bunch of Roman legionaries in full armour, I know who I'm sticking with.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
BX3 said:
"I'll never forget about you hovering ground lady" -Yahtzee

So YOU'RE the one that sent in that video to Game Fails.

One of the funniest things I've ever seen in a vidja game.
Tee hee, I remember that. I wonder if Yahtzee is actually an avid watcher of Gamefails.

superdeeduper51

Jul 16, 2010
Man this review was spot on. Especially about the potions, the shopkeepers never having enough gold, that one impossibly hard enemy at the end of a dungeon, and your trusty bloodthirsty horse. The only other thing to mention is how frequent the dragon attacks are. It drives me nuts having to fight one every 15 minutes.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
And once again, Yahtzee ignores the multiplayer content. Why didn't you comment on it, Yahtzee? Why?

(please don't kill me)
Probably just to spite those who love interaction with human beings who are not within slapping range.

Hehehe, that's the only way to play a fighting game.
The moment they start spamming is the moment you start smacking

:p