Zero Punctuation: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Bluecho

Dec 30, 2010
People always underestimate horses. Don't. They will fuck you up.

Hell, they'll fuck you up if you walk behind them without making your presence known. Rear-leg kicks hurt. Ask my dad.

If only there was a game that gave you the option of just drip-feeding potions into your veins. It'd make combat go much more smoothly.

Sud0_x

Dec 16, 2009
Honestly can't believe our dear friend Yahtzee passed up the opportunity to troll and piss off such a large number of people.
Oh what might have been...

DonTsetsi

May 22, 2009
So, paying for a horse to help you kill things is better than paying for skill points to help you kill things? I disagree, in fact I think paying for something that dies so easily to giants is not a good idea.

CODE-D

Feb 6, 2011
Is it wrong that I find skyrim boring and looks ugly, say compared to batman....

Imperium9990

Jul 24, 2011
BlackWidower said:
HA! Fanboys prepare to weep as Yahtzee reviews your holy work! HA!
Maybe you should watch the video before posting on it next time. You might not look like such a chode.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
I'll be honest, until now, I didn't give a single shit about Skyrim. Now... call me intrigued. Yahtzee giving a positive review to ANYTHING not named Silent Hill 2 is rarer than a unicorn with 4 horns, so this at least deserves a closer look.

But, to be fair, this is Bethesda, makers of the buggiest games since cockroach checkers, so I'll wait a bit to give them time to sort out their patches first.

Furrama

Jul 24, 2008
The horses in this game are BOSS. I don't even have the special demon pony, normal Blackhorse kicks literal ASS. Screw you Sven, you get in the way of my flamethrower, I'll take the horse over you any day.

Furrama

Jul 24, 2008
DonTsetsi said:
So, paying for a horse to help you kill things is better than paying for skill points to help you kill things? I disagree, in fact I think paying for something that dies so easily to giants is not a good idea.
Everything dies to giants. Dragons die to giants, heck I had a giant take my dragon kill away from me because it dared chew on its precious mammoth. There's only so much AWESOMEHORSES can do.

Zanaxal

Nov 14, 2007
Well thanks yahtzee for pointing out more things that make it boring. Being very easy, with just a few monsters with ridiculous damage and about the economy being pretty broken. Really nothing of the inventory items is really worth having. I have like 50+ Enchantment gems and im wondering whats the point. Also the hundreds of potions and most of them being utterly useless. He could atleast have complained about the weightsystem, somehow i think he isnt running around in heavy armor like me with extra resistance gear to keep stuff from instakilling on cast on the highest difficulty. have like barely any space for loot. VERY ANNOYED. yeah will mod the weightlimint when i bother playing if ever.

FEichinger

Aug 7, 2011
Aprilgold said:
FEichinger said:
Wait ... Yahtzee actually did a critique on a classy Western RPG within weeks of its release? ... He actually did a critique on a TES game within weeks of its release?! ...
The Storyline was speed rush and only lasted about 2 hours or so. It was speed rushed by the Developer no less. Heres the Article: http://www.geek.com/articles/games/skyrim-completed-in-2-hours-16-minutes-by-determined-game-testers-20111013/

I'm thinking it took Yahtzee about 2 hours longer because of buying shite, but probably didn't have trouble with the story, since it tells you where to go everywhere.

Eh, seems like he sorta liked it but thought too easy, but still, if you want it, go pick it up.
No, I mean like "Why did he even touch it this soon?", given that it's a goddamn RPG.

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
I have to wonder: was his mention of Ghost Granny was inspired by his Desert Bus call in, or if that was already in the script when he called? (By the way, he did the best Desert Bus call-in. Completely trolled the LRR crew. It was glorious.)

lockgar

Nov 5, 2008
Casual Shinji said:
I never really saw much use for a horse when you can fast travel, unless one could use it as a packing mule...

And when I'm actually out exploring I rather keep a low profile instead of having a big stomping Clydesdale give away my position. Plus, the view on horseback feels a bit too distant.
You can fast travel while on a horse while being over your carrying capacity. Very useful for dungeons.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Wait. The game doesn't have mounted combat? Wasn't that by and large the biggest complaint about Oblivion?