Zero Punctuation: The Sims 3

Thiefree

Jul 2, 2009
neuromantic said:
Thing is, a lot of what Yahtzee said in this review really made me release what a complete waste of bloody time it's all been.
When I'm not playing it I'll be really looking forward to it, but as soon as I actually load up the game all the 'wrongness' Yahtzee describes keeps creeping into it and you just can't shake the feeling that you're not having as much fun as you tell yourself you're having.
My thoughts exactly. It's been some time since I actually played the Sims (v1), but I do remember finding something unsettling about making my people eat, sleep, and play games on the computer. There is absolutely no escapism in it.

If you get it right, you get the illusion of success. If you get it wrong, and your sims are desperately hungry when they leave for work, you'll find it uncannily redolent of Real Life. And after all, isn't that what we're trying to avoid?

dudeman0001

Jul 8, 2008
Sims are evil & for girls? Well, that would explain why I always thought the game was so creepy, moreso when you make your sims look like people you know in real life, and why my sister liked that game so much.
Great review, yahtzee!

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
amm... i own that game... i like it... i am male... is it wrong?!?

well... i enjoy the game :D

Keswick Gallagher

Jul 2, 2009
Sonicdude said:
And another one of those reviews where I am unable to tell if Yahtzee liked it or hated it
how is it not completely Obvious he sees it as a time wasting life destroy monster of a game

Goosebagman

Jun 4, 2009
Is it just me, or did Yahtzee sound a bit hoarse this week?
Judging by the scathing review of women as a sex at the end and the bit where he mentioned he'd given up on knowing a woman's touch, I'd hazard a guess that the poor guy's gone through a rough break up or got led on by some bird only to be disappointed in the end. He even went through the brief stint of blaming himself that usually comes with any hard break up.
Poor bloke, I know he probably wouldn't appreciate my sympathy and might even tell me off, but he certainly has my sympathy if he has indeed had recent lady troubles.
Here's to you, Mr. Croshaw. I wish you the best. And you have my thanks for continuing to produce your slanted, yet insightful; shameless, yet relevant reviews in spite of your troubles.
It happens to the best of us double-bacon shits.

Volcanus

Feb 21, 2009
Goosebagman said:
Is it just me, or did Yahtzee sound a bit hoarse this week?
Judging by the scathing review of women as a sex at the end and the bit where he mentioned he'd given up on knowing a woman's touch, I'd hazard a guess that the poor guy's gone through a rough break up or got led on by some bird only to be disappointed in the end. He even went through the brief stint of saying he was worthless that usually comes with any hard break up.
Poor bloke, I know he probably wouldn't appreciate my sympathy and might even tell me off, but he certainly has my sympathy if he has indeed had recent lady troubles.
Here's to you, Mr. Croshaw. I wish you the best. And you have my thanks for continuing to produce your slanted, yet insightful; shameless, yet relevant reviews in spite of your troubles.
It happens to the best of us double-bacon shits.
It is possible that he let his deflector shield of cynicism down and was bitten for it.

nokelso

May 24, 2009
HardRockSamurai said:
Some have told me that the improvements in The Sims 3 were subtle, but I'm not going to buy another sims game until I can make my sims have orgies! Great review Yahtzee!
I'm still waiting for when I can get my slutty teenager pregnant. There has to be one young whore in every town, and the Sims breaks that rule!

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Hoiguyyami said:
Not a bad review, not utterly hilarious, but ok. i wouldnt mind seeing some old PS2 game reveiws, that no one played, like monster hunter and mercenaries (the first one)

ok, people started playing mercenaries after it went platinum, but still.
You'r forgetting drakengard 1! The J-RPG that doesn't act,look or really play like a J-RPG.

The Keeper

Feb 19, 2009
I think all Sims players have realized the odd irony of the game. Still, the cold truth doesn't make it any less fun. How evil.

Rajin Cajun

Sep 12, 2008
CaptainCalvin said:
Rajin Cajun said:
CaptainCalvin said:
Rajin Cajun said:
I am glad to see the women bashing. In my quite humble opinion there isn't enough women bashing...ever.
I don't think women need bashing, men just need to think more. Myself included...

there I put my two cents in on that topic, and that's all i'm gonna say so don't quote me.
I'm quoting you because you told me not to. What are you going to do about that? Nothing thats right. Back in the corner slave! Next man I see defending women in this thread gets gutted. Yarr!

/Dons Eyepatch
Sir! You forget yourself! I challenge you to a duel! with, umm, rubber chickens! Draw your fowl and face me, unless ye be a coward!
I accept thy duel knave! :p

Chieffw

Aug 18, 2008
To be honest a Zero Punctuation classic was born, one of the awesomest reviews for a very very long time, really felt like it had a substance to it