Zero Punctuation: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

disgruntledgamer

New member
Mar 6, 2012
905
0
0
Oh for Christ sake Yahtzee do you like it/recommend it or not. Stop being so being vague give an over all recommendation not just one aspect.
 

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
6,760
0
0
Aww I was kinda' hoping he'd just stop playing it after a few hours and we'd get a surprise review of another game.
It isn't funny when he kinda' likes a game and kinda' doesn't.
 

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
4,953
6
13
Damnit. Why haven't I seen the floating dwarf glitch yet? What questionable acts must I perform to bring about this levitation of little'ns? I already helped write and perform a play. It is far from the skills of a witcher to act, of all things.

disgruntledgamer said:
Oh for Christ sake Yahtzee do you like it/recommend it or not. Stop being so being vague give an over all recommendation not just one aspect.
If you listen carefully towards the end of the recording, I think you'll find your answer. ;)
 

Jman1236

New member
Jul 29, 2008
528
0
0
I'm not sure if they fixed the ps4 version yet but I do know that the xbox one version is very stable.
 

Erttheking

Member
Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
10,845
1
3
Country
United States
Well I'll be buggered, he actually sorta liked it. Well, I'm pretty much going to have to get the game now.
 

Aiddon_v1legacy

New member
Nov 19, 2009
3,672
0
0
I never have understood why so many games think that complexity = depth. They have this misguided idea that adding as much BS to a process somehow makes the game more interesting when in fact it makes it a mess. At the very least The Witcher seems to have at least TRIED to get over its story deficiencies, though how much they've succeeded is another story altogether.
 

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
17,897
2,278
118
Jman1236 said:
I'm not sure if they fixed the ps4 version yet but I do know that the xbox one version is very stable.
No problems over here on the PS4 either, not since the patch released on launch anyway. Still the occasional NPC floating two feet off the ground, but other than that the game runs fine.
 

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
3,056
0
0


Yahtzee liked a Witcher game. It's over. It's the End of Evangelion of ZP. An End of Punctuation, if you will. Now there's nothing left but a barren, bright yellow wasteland.

Now the nagging voice in the back of my head telling me to get a gaming PC to play the first two games will never go away because of the praise this game's been getting.
 

animeprime

New member
Feb 18, 2013
37
0
0
Having a bit of a hard time deciding if I should get this for PC or PS4. My PC is barely a year old and would have no trouble running it. But I justified my purchase of a PS4 for Bloodborne and possibly this game. If there is that much of a difference between the console and PC version I may just wait for the steam sale of it in a few weeks.
 

Dornedas

New member
Oct 9, 2014
199
0
0
Ah Yes the evil tree horse quest.
I really had to double check after it to make sure I didn't miss something that could have warned me of the death. But then I also never picked up that the tree is supposed to be evil. To bad that the person that dies is needed for the Get-all-the-magic-cards-in-the world-quest. I never realized that either.
And for battles:
Yrden mage all the way. An 80% 30 sek. AOE slow that also does damage over time is just funny.
And finally the eyes:
There is one scene during Keiras Quest where they really shine. When Geralt makes the puppy-dog eyes.
 

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
4,953
6
13
bartholen said:
Now the nagging voice in the back of my head telling me to get a gaming PC to play the first two games will never go away because of the praise this game's been getting.
Let's not be too hasty here. The first two games are different beasts altogether. The 2nd game is on last gen consoles and the first is something that, from what i've heard, has not aged so well.
Personally, i'm ok with not going back to Witcher 2. For a whole lot of reasons, but Tl:dr, this 3rd installment seems to have found its optimum form, it will be the most recommemded experience out the lot.

Captcha: I have no idea what that is captcha...i can't translate sporadic scribbles. Is this a test?
 

Doom972

New member
Dec 25, 2008
2,312
0
0
Wow, he actually recommended it. Impressive. I hope they didn't dumb it down too much. I'll get it next month along with a hardware upgrade for my PC.
 

Amaror

New member
Apr 15, 2011
1,509
0
0
Dornedas said:
Ah Yes the evil tree horse quest.
I really had to double check after it to make sure I didn't miss something that could have warned me of the death. But then I also never picked up that the tree is supposed to be evil. To bad that the person that dies is needed for the Get-all-the-magic-cards-in-the world-quest. I never realized that either.
And for battles:
Yrden mage all the way. An 80% 30 sek. AOE slow that also does damage over time is just funny.
And finally the eyes:
There is one scene during Keiras Quest where they really shine. When Geralt makes the puppy-dog eyes.
There's actually a book in the game which tells you that the tree is evil, although i just picked up on that from the fact that the thing looked like Voldemort just possessed a tumor ... that's on the body of Sauron.
The books name is "She who knows" and tells you that.
The spirit in the tree is basically the mother of the Crones, who reined Velen in Terror until the Crones killed her and caged away her spirit in order to save Velen. And the fact that the Crones are the good guys in this story is pretty much telling something.
 

sageoftruth

New member
Jan 29, 2010
3,417
0
0
Doom972 said:
Wow, he actually recommended it. Impressive. I hope they didn't dumb it down too much. I'll get it next month along with a hardware upgrade for my PC.
They did, a bit. For instance, in most cases, you only need to craft stuff once. Sword oils never run out, while potions and bombs do, but you'll automatically replenish them when you meditate if you have a strong alcohol in your inventory.

On the other hand, fighting monsters is often more than just running up to them and whacking them repeatedly. For instance, wraiths can only be attacked when they pass over a Yrden sign. Also, enemies still do plenty of damage when you get hit, forcing you to be about as evasive as you were in Witcher 2. Then again, I started on a fairly high difficulty, so you may need to do that, if you're looking for a challenge.
 

danielcofour

New member
May 6, 2014
28
0
0
animeprime said:
Having a bit of a hard time deciding if I should get this for PC or PS4. My PC is barely a year old and would have no trouble running it. But I justified my purchase of a PS4 for Bloodborne and possibly this game. If there is that much of a difference between the console and PC version I may just wait for the steam sale of it in a few weeks.
I'm playing it on PC. It looks brilliant and plays good(I'm getting 50 fps with everything cranked to ultra(hairworks only on Geralt) on a 970). As far as I've heard, the PS4 has some nagging issues, framerate being the worst aspect of it. So get it for PC. But wait a bit, since there's still plenty of bugs that need ironing. It's not terrible, but is still has some issues with bugs.
 

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
15,683
1,322
118
Ok, I laughed at the Monty Python Westeros thing at the end.

Also...Bill Cosby joke? Has more come out, or did he just wait a while on that one?