Zero Punctuation: The Year in Review - 2008

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
uppitycracker said:
D_987 said:
uppitycracker said:
this..... this is just... wtf... fucking horrible... this is the only time ZP has ever let me down.... year in review kinda makes me think, i dunno, new retrospective of the year in games. not old clips thrown together to create the illusion of something new. man.... merry effin Xmas to you too.
Yep, Zp owes you...
Damn right ZP owes me. I'm here every Wednesday at the same damn time, posting this link to all my co-workers, ready to be amused. That's cool you're willing to accept this letdown of a video, but I dunno, I guess after never being disappointed by one of of his videos, I just can't help but feel horribly let down. You don't like it, don't read my post. Now, did you have something actually worthwhile to contribute?
That was worthwhile - I'm trying to prove to you how idiotic you sound...

. Your ranting about a FREE video.
. On Christmas Eve
. Your reasoning is the fact you post the link to your co-workers (because that really gives you a right to moan about free content (/sarcasm])

If you actually feel you have a right to complain, then you must be pretty pathetic; I didn't like the episode but I didn't think Escapist forumers could be so childish as to actually rant about it...

"Merry effin Xmas to you too", that made me laugh - is your Christmas experience ruined because you couldn't see a new free comedy video on a website you visit only to watch ZP?

Grow up...

JuJuTheDinosaur

Aug 13, 2008
Just having won the contest, I'll give you all some hints to secure my title here as lamest guy with nothing else better to do:

1 - Oh no you didn't song, remember that?
2 - Main character's first name is the same as the most popular character's in Street Fighter
3 - He only reviewed two mario games, I'll let you figure out which.
4 - Your favorite nintendo characters collide!
5 - Quick time sequence sex mini games.
6 - Yahtzee devotes this video to showing his appreciation for fanboys.
7 - Protagonist is a big douche, with a big sword - wears red.
8 - Dinosaur fps game
9 - A mario-type platformer with time manipulating gameplay
10 - Yahtzee's top 5
11- HALO, give and take two letters
12 - Long ass cutscenes..
13 - Spielberg raped the latest version.

(Just found something better to do - hope that helped)

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
pop9888 said:
Oh god yes! I’ve been waiting for yahtzee to review this one for ages! Yah!
I actually LOL'd at this.
so this dude got banned for this?, why?, to me it looks like he was being facetious.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Weeeeell I would take part in the contest, but I remember only 6-9 reviews out of 26...

I actually LOL'd at this.
so this dude got banned for this?, why?, to me it looks like he was being facetious.
He didn't watch it, because he posted it too fast. And it's not really a review.

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
S_K said:
This is why you don't reply to get first comment without watching the movie first kids... it makes you look like an idiot.
It also gets you banned. Forever, if you do it more than once.

Go team internet!

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
D_987 said:
uppitycracker said:
D_987 said:
uppitycracker said:
this..... this is just... wtf... fucking horrible... this is the only time ZP has ever let me down.... year in review kinda makes me think, i dunno, new retrospective of the year in games. not old clips thrown together to create the illusion of something new. man.... merry effin Xmas to you too.
Yep, Zp owes you...
Damn right ZP owes me. I'm here every Wednesday at the same damn time, posting this link to all my co-workers, ready to be amused. That's cool you're willing to accept this letdown of a video, but I dunno, I guess after never being disappointed by one of of his videos, I just can't help but feel horribly let down. You don't like it, don't read my post. Now, did you have something actually worthwhile to contribute?
That was worthwhile - I'm trying to prove to you how idiotic you sound...

. Your ranting about a FREE video.
. On Christmas Eve
. Your reasoning is the fact you post the link to your co-workers (because that really gives you a right to moan about free content (/sarcasm])

If you actually feel you have a right to complain, then you must be pretty pathetic; I didn't like the episode but I didn't think Escapist forumers could be so childish as to actually rant about it...

"Merry effin Xmas to you too", that made me laugh - is your Christmas experience ruined because you couldn't see a new free comedy video on a website you visit only to watch ZP?

Grow up...
Yeah, ranting about a free video. So fuckin what. On Christmas Eve. Yeah, you know, some people spend their time at places like work, kinda hoping for something to help pass the day. And on christmas eve of all days, we get this bullshit excuse of a video to the gallery. Wouldn't be such a big deal if I hadn't grown to expect quite a bit more out of ZP. And you know what? Damn fuckin straight I have a right to complain. It's the people that bring traffic through this site that help support it. Considering this is the most worthwhile reason to come here, why the fuck wouldn't I complain?

Oh, and no, sorry for the confusion, the co-worker thing was in no way my reasoning. Just some rant I threw in there for no good reason. Take it how you will though, whatever gets you off buddy. And the merry effin xmas part? More of a joke than anything. Why don't you grow up, or at least develop a sense of humor. Now, I ask again, because you have yet to do so. Anything worthwhile to contribute, or you just gonna pretend you're doing the world a favor by singling out my post with your half assed attempts at proving how "idiotic i sound"?

Zipp

Dec 24, 2008
Getting the badge would be tantamount to declaring yourself a fanboy for Yahtzee. Admittedly there are far worse things to be a fanboy of (*cough*Final Fantasy(*cough*7)) but it almost seems that taking part in this good natured contest over a reviewer whom I've become a fan of opens the door to be one of the many jack asses that get made fun of in the reviews...

Or have I finally stumbled upon why I sometimes feel like Yahtzee is talking about me...?

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
uppitycracker said:
Yeah, ranting about a free video. So fuckin what. On Christmas Eve. Yeah, you know, some people spend their time at places like work, kinda hoping for something to help pass the day. And on christmas eve of all days, we get this bullshit excuse of a video to the gallery. Wouldn't be such a big deal if I hadn't grown to expect quite a bit more out of ZP. And you know what? Damn fuckin straight I have a right to complain. It's the people that bring traffic through this site that help support it. Considering this is the most worthwhile reason to come here, why the fuck wouldn't I complain?

Oh, and no, sorry for the confusion, the co-worker thing was in no way my reasoning. Just some rant I threw in there for no good reason. Take it how you will though, whatever gets you off buddy. And the merry effin xmas part? More of a joke than anything. Why don't you grow up, or at least develop a sense of humor. Now, I ask again, because you have yet to do so. Anything worthwhile to contribute, or you just gonna pretend you're doing the world a favor by singling out my post with your half assed attempts at proving how "idiotic i sound"?
Then leave this site and don't watch Zero Punctuation - your pathetic attempts at complaining are not going to change anything; its just proving how idiotic you really are.

Nobody here will miss you...

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
7 - Protagonist is a big douche, with a big sword - wears red.

Dante in Devil May Cry 1 to 3.
if the answer is Devil May Cry 4, then Nero actually wears Blue, with red trim.

if the question is "big douche, with a big laptop - that wears white and black"
then the answer is me!

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Abedeus said:
He didn't watch it, because he posted it too fast. And it's not really a review.
Actually, I would have thought it was hilarious if he hadn't posted "this sucks" after that. However, it is still "The Year In Review" and ignoring the first post mentality it's a pretty amusing pun whether you watched the video or not.