Zero Punctuation: The Year in Review - 2008

Oskamunda

Dec 26, 2008
D_987 said:
uppitycracker said:
this..... this is just... wtf... fucking horrible... this is the only time ZP has ever let me down.... year in review kinda makes me think, i dunno, new retrospective of the year in games. not old clips thrown together to create the illusion of something new. man.... merry effin xmas to you too.
Yep, Zp owes you...
Interestingly enough, yes, it does. You see, without the gaggles of people to watch the aforementioned "free weekly podcast," then Escapist doesn't make money from the zounds of ads littering the pages like reindeer feces on your roof in the dawn of Christmas morn, there would be no reason to sponsor Yahtzee. Therefore, no paid salary, no Canary Islands, no strippers, no fame, no nothing. As it is, the man still has enough time to publish free adventure games. And are we really assuming the webisodes aren't done almost a full week ahead of time? Yes, Ben is brilliant, and had an original, marketable idea; but without us loving fangirls and boys, he's just another wanker on a generational soapbox. So, yes, you morons, he does owe us, just as Hollywood owes us good films for the disproportionality of money spent vs. money made.

However, as history has shown, the more Hollywood one gets...I mean, commercial...the more frequently the shit just gets dialed in. It might not have even been Yahtzee's idea, but good for him anyway. He's living the American dream. In Australia.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
Oskamunda said:
D_987 said:
uppitycracker said:
this..... this is just... wtf... fucking horrible... this is the only time ZP has ever let me down.... year in review kinda makes me think, i dunno, new retrospective of the year in games. not old clips thrown together to create the illusion of something new. man.... merry effin xmas to you too.
Yep, Zp owes you...
Interestingly enough, yes, it does. You see, without the gaggles of people to watch the aforementioned "free weekly podcast," then Escapist doesn't make money from the zounds of ads littering the pages like reindeer feces on your roof in the dawn of Christmas morn, there would be no reason to sponsor Yahtzee. Therefore, no paid salary, no Canary Islands, no strippers, no fame, no nothing. As it is, the man still has enough time to publish free adventure games. And are we really assuming the webisodes aren't done almost a full week ahead of time? Yes, Ben is brilliant, and had an original, marketable idea; but without us loving fangirls and boys, he's just another wanker on a generational soapbox. So, yes, you morons, he does owe us, just as Hollywood owes us good films for the disproportionality of money spent vs. money made.

However, as history has shown, the more Hollywood one gets...I mean, commercial...the more frequently the shit just gets dialed in. It might not have even been Yahtzee's idea, but good for him anyway. He's living the American dream. In Australia.
Zero Punctuation gains millions of viewers per week - I highly doubt the minute number of people complaining is really a big deal. Particularly as The Escapist can be sure you will all be watching next week.

Face it, your not going to stop watching because of thiS. ZP dosn't owe you, simply because they know you'll keep watching regardless. If anything he owes his youtube fans for getting him his Escapist gig.

FoxLiquid

Dec 26, 2008
It isn't my favorite ZP but I do admit is was a nice thing to see some funny clips from the past and rewatch those particular videos and have a good laugh so thank you yatzee.

Edable Giraffe

Aug 13, 2008
2, 9, 10, 25 and 26

Can anyone send me a message with hints to these ones? I'll return the hints to all the others =] Thanks.

riversol

Dec 27, 2008
Least funny ZP ever as the clips just don't work together and it is quite the sorry excuse for a year in review in which you might have actually shared some insight as to what to play and what to burn from 2008 an in absence of anything useful which i know isn't usually your priority M O vice humorous diatribe is ergo for once and only once i found watching this video a waste of precious multitudes of femptoseconds of my existence and sure hope you return to your original ways in 2009 with that badass ripping laugh factor you seem normally to master.

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
Edable Giraffe said:
2, 9, 10, 25 and 26

Can anyone send me a message with hints to these ones? I'll return the hints to all the others =] Thanks.
Number 2 relates to lepers.

I Mav I

May 7, 2008
Okay, im not reading 11 pages so im sure someone has already mentioned these points but firstly...just cos Yahtzee is a world famous internet celebrity he's not allowed christmas off like the rest of us 'mere mortals' is he? Fuck off to all you who complained that there's no review...

And secondly why are people moaning at him directly? Yahtzee clearly didnt make this it was the guys at the escapist to fill in the gap...hence no jokes and drawings at the end...i mean duuuh....

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
berethond said:
Edable Giraffe said:
2, 9, 10, 25 and 26

Number 2 relates to lepers.
#2 killed me!! I was all over the place trying to find it. I learned many of the other ones simply by looking for #2. But yes, this vegue hint probably won't help. :) Nevertheless, it IS there. Godspeed in your search. ;)

crystaltheron

Dec 27, 2008
So in the retardation that plagues me whenever I'm not having to fill out bubble sheets to prove my intelegence I decided to sign up to work 10 hour on the day after christmas at the fron desk of my dorm... I live an hour away so comute was not the problem.

The problem was amusing myself on my lap top which glitches while running minesweeper. I found my amusment in the contest. I spent a hellalota time on that thing and only reminded myself why people like me are nerd and without a social life... I'm a smarmy douche. That and I spent 6 hours going through all the old ZP's for gits and shiggles.

nyttyn

Sep 9, 2008
...Imagen if this was a game review.
What we have is a god of war in which you have many diffrent characters, have to save princess peach by colelcting stars, it is made by capcom, buggy as hell, is a rpg, features guns that some take ages to reload, combats the only thing worth it, and you can beat the stupid out of princess peach while the crowd screams for blood.
...Why do I want to play this?

milesrose

Dec 27, 2008
What a Mashup Yahtzee! Awesome work! I hope you had a good year and have a Happy New Years y'all :3