Zero Punctuation: Top 5 Games of 2015

Infernal Lawyer

Jan 28, 2013
Razzie.Putin said:
Is there a certain point where Undertale "clicks"? That "wow" moment where it becomes evident that this game is something special?

I decided to give it a shot after this amazing review and I'm not sure I get it. I'm about 2 hours in, around Snowdin, and I don't think I've ever been this bored and mizerable while playing a game before. Trying to decide whether to cut my losses or hang in there and hope something changes.
Some say that the game clicks around the mid-end point, but if you're as miserable as you claim you are I wouldn't recommend sticking around just to see what the hype is about.

I would recommend watching a Let's Play, particularly from someone you know is good at making great videos on games you normally don't care for.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Michael Prymula said:
I never played BF2 online myself, I spent all my time in single-player and had quite a bit of fun.

The third game just looks creatively bankrupt and lazy in the worst way.
I hope my buddy likes it. He got a Darth Vader PS4 (looks amazing) but refuses to play online. It looks like 2 has plenty to do off line. 3? Not so much. Reminds me a little of Star Wars Episode 3

You will smash robots till you can smash robots no more.

Dang, can't find the Gamespot Alex Navaro review which is hilarious.

Online though? Unbelievably pretty and good enough that my nephew played nonstop for a number of hours on his last visit. I play for maybe 15 min and then play something else.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
HaywirePoet said:
Damn, wasn't that a low year. Yahtzee had to make a second list for games he didn't like. Quite the rocky year for the worst list though, It's pathetic how the games with the largest funds and the most expensive talent (not necessarily the best talent) can turn into such boring or just poorly designed slop that overshadows all the games made with actual passion coming from human beings.

Damn this is depressing.
I imagine that since they have so many moving parts to worry about, the cost and the number of things that can go wrong both increase exponentially, so they carry the risk of turning out like something totally bland that feels like it was designed by a committee. With more money invested into something, the investors are probably closer behind the shoulder of the designers. That's my take on it, anyway.

Like films, charging people on their way in doesn't provide as accurate an indicator of audience approval as charging them on their way out. I think it says more about the success of the marketing campaign than it does the actual result.

Weasker

Sep 16, 2010
Razzie.Putin said:
Is there a certain point where Undertale "clicks"? That "wow" moment where it becomes evident that this game is something special?

I decided to give it a shot after this amazing review and I'm not sure I get it. I'm about 2 hours in, around Snowdin, and I don't think I've ever been this bored and mizerable while playing a game before. Trying to decide whether to cut my losses or hang in there and hope something changes.
If the skeleton brothers didn't make you laugh then this game probably just isn't for you, man. You have a different sense of humor, and that's ok.

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
FWIW, Undertale is a game that I greatly enjoyed watching someone else play (especially when they show off all the routes and many of the easter eggs). It's particularly good when watching someone decent at bullet hell games, or at least good at editing out repeated failure. And I don't dispute it being deserving of its #1 slot. But it's not something that I'd want to actually play myself.

I also enjoyed Yahtzee's dodge around his top 5 rules to get it into this video.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
You know what? Martin O'Malley isn't bland. He just has an unfitting personality. If those three Democratic candidates were ice cream flavors in a Neapolitan triplet, O'Malley wouldn't be vanilla (that would be Clinton) but instead would be strawberry: the flavor that is too tart to fit in with the likes of chocolate, vanilla, pistachio, and coffee. As in, his allusions to his governance and particular experiences detract from the usual discussions so much that people want him to leave the debates.

Basically, O'Malley is like strawberry ice cream and the well-functioning "bad" games here.

4Aces

May 29, 2012
At third best I actually thought for a second he was going with Fallout 4. The go-bag was in hand, and the fastest route to the red district was being mentally plotted. Might as well have one last epic romp before the planet splits in two.

Glad to see The Order getting worst of class, it was painfull just watching a playthrough. At least I could hit the FF button, to go from 2X to 4X (or 16X).

Gendorius

Feb 14, 2014
Well Jim Sterling is a tosser, a wanker a jerk and even if you WERE ripping him off it would be more like taking a shitty game from a shitty publisher and doing it right!