Zero Punctuation: Torchlight

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
So I assume Australian bans/release dates mean that Yahtzee is getting some time to catch up on some of the Pre-Christmas stuff he couldnt review. I look forward to his Zelda in hell (darksiders) review. looks primed for some good quality jokes/images

LornMind

Dec 27, 2008
Rather entertaining review. I hadn't heard of Torchlight until Yahtzee mentioned it though. I wonder if he's gonna review Borderlands..

GameGoddess101

Jun 11, 2009
Yay, more clicking of my mouse buttons until my index fingers fall off... ¬_¬

I've actually played this one, and I'm going to have to agree that yeah... it was boring at times, but hey... I only paid like 2 change for this one, so yeah.

Great review, though.

LobsterMobster

Apr 14, 2009
While I can appreciate Yahtzee's trademark snark and venom, I did notice that he said he played it for at least 10 hours. That's a lot of time to put in to a game that's only better than an ice cream if it's buried under gravel/only accessible via straw. :)

The thing is, most of Yahtzee's complaints about it could be applied to any game in the genre. He'd might as well say, "this game is ridiculous and stupid because you get five guns that all shoot bullets and I don't even like shooting bullets to begin with." If that's not your thing, you won't like FPS's. :)

StaubSauger

Nov 18, 2009
geldonyetich said:
Is this movie supposed to be silent? I'm playing it and getting no audio.
I really don't think so, in addition to that, I had sound :)

I liked Torchlight, for as long as I didn't see myself repeating those strange underworld levels after killing the endboss.
IT'S OVER AFTER THE ENDBOSS!
There are some more hordes spawning and new levels are created, but the game really looses its sense after the said event...

So yep, you're review is quite VERY accurate, it's fun for the money, but no long-time-activity ;)

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Great vid, I wasn't aware of this game, but point and click is overdone, why don't they learn that already? I hardly think I'll give this one a chance...

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Hiphophippo said:
A pleasant surprise this video was.

Thumbs up.
What's really surprising is this is exactly the way I felt while playing the demo.

GameGoddess101

Jun 11, 2009
stok3r said:
its been like 3 minutes, how could you have watched it already?
They didn't... they're "YAY FIRST!" trolls who just want to say their comment was on the first page.

Jory

Dec 16, 2009
"More clicks than a school for dolphin telegraph operators."

I was pretty much in tears at that. Good episode.

MikeyTWolf

Sep 10, 2008
Wooooooooooooo! Another in-reference that I will wholeheartedly treasure.

Was I the only one who almost shat himself with pure fear when I saw the silhouette of the chained up child? If you know anything about Yahtzee's works you'll know what I'm talking about.

Also lovely, now I definitely know to not buy this game.

CodeNameZed

May 19, 2009
Why does Yahtzee only review lesser known stuff lately (Torchlight, Saboteur, Demon's Souls) when stuff like DJ Hero, Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles Band Hero, Samckdown vs RAW 2010 and Borderlands are all jumping up and down waiting for a good strong trashing?

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
El_Lazor said:
I'm just surprised he reviewed it now considering it came out back in NOVEMBER.
He can review stuff henever the fuck he wants. You try buying a brand new game every week.

ben---neb

No duckies...only drowning
Apr 22, 2009
Yahtzee didn't notice about the 'hold the mouse button down' trick because his great mind was busy coming up with the jokes, puns and asides that would make up this most excellent review. And so what? Just because you can hold the mouse button down does not make the game any less boring.

jthm

Jun 28, 2008
Wow, Australia sucks. No games more violent than your pacifist, used to be a stoned hippie aunt and a single ice cream sandwich costs $3. I could get a box of six for about $3.00 here stateside and let me tell you, very few games are as much fun as 6 ice cream sandwiches for me and my friends.