Zero Punctuation: Transformers: War for Cybertron

The Paradigm

Oct 12, 2009
Actually very funny, good points. Saw a friend play it and I seriously could not tell enemies from background.

allyhewitt

Jun 15, 2009
lol, i totally agree, i personally cba about transformers and the environments i've seen from trailers are very meh also...

ForensicYOYO

Jun 12, 2010
I really didn't expect the stupid excuse for a mech game to do good. So Im glad you said it. The only question I have is If this game was based before they came to Earth why do the still transform into cars? Food for thought. Good job Yatzee.

GameGoddess101

Jun 11, 2009
I never really cared for Transformers all that much. I mean, the 1980's animated movie was fun in that really stupid over-the-top sort of way, and holy power ballads Batman, but other than that I couldn't really give a flying fuck.

I played this one when I was baby sitting for a little smacktard and I wasn't impressed. The transforming was fluid, but it was pointless, and it was uglier than sin. So great job, Yahtzee, not like you read these but oh well. Oh, and it's nice to see a reviewer not prostrating himself before this game like it's the goddamn second coming.

Have fun on holiday.

Nueemann

Jul 14, 2010
Well, he'll be back in time to give Halo Reach a sound maiming, so I'll look forward to that. (I'll be buying the game, but I always enjoy his criticism.)

Reverend Del

Feb 17, 2010
wooty said:
You know, as a Transformer fan, even I though this was hilarious. Good job this week.

Oh, btw, Primes death WAS this generations Othello, I'm now off to cry into my duvet covers.
Really? No. It wasn't. we've had so much better stuff released than the animated Transformers movie, so much. Don't get me wrong, I like the movie, but it just ain't that good.

OT: I'd so love to disagree with you about Transformers being simply a cash gouging ploy by Hasbro, but I can't. All my favourite 80's cartoons were. It makes me sad. Haven't enjoyed any of the recent Transformers games, so I wasn't honestly going to give it a try and given two out of three reviews (or sort-of-reviews) have said meh, I think I'll avoid buying and rent it for a short time.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
I never got why they transform either, i mean what would you rather be a truck, or a robot coverd in weapons?

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
101194 said:
Ricky Cabrera said:
this is just to make the "FIRST!!" people cry
Clever.

ZP:

Clever, But mean. Half of us grew up on transformers no reason to diss the entire series just for one game.
There's every reason. Nostalgia only exists as long as you keep the rose colored glasses on your face. Just because we grew up on something doesn't make it sacred.

That said, I loved Transformers as a kid. I still think it was better then than it is now, for various reasons, but that doesn't mean I'm going to get all butthurt when someone points out some of the flaws in it, i.e. making kids milk their parents for cash.

OT: Another cover-based third-person shooter with a gimmick that doesn't work as well as it could have because developers are lazy? Say it isn't so, Yahtzee. Enjoy your holiday.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Well i still demand reparations in Blood!

And yes this is about what i had expected to hear. Man i've watched too many of these >.< Its a Transformer Fanboy's game. Everyone else, a pretty generic TPS. I enjoyed it. It was only $40 on release...in retrospect, i think i over paid for the game.

Poisoned Al

Feb 16, 2008
I never got into Transfomers ether. Maybe I was a bitter little shite when I was a kid, but even I spotted the cartoons as just big ads for overpriced plastic crap. I wanted something funny to watch.

Danger Mouse FTW!

Billkwando

Oct 8, 2008
I loved transformers as a kid, but even then I realized that it actually sucked. It just sucked less than Go-Bots.

Then, in my 20's I saw Robotech, and figured out just how bad Transformers really sucked. Horrible one dimensional characters and bad one-liners. Good enough to sell a toy line, I guess.

P.S. Thundercats sucked too, but I knew it then, and there was no denial involved.

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
he explained that the whole reason behind the show was to sell us gimmicky toys... **looks at shelf of transformers collectibles** and admittedly I have to agree, but hey they kicked the crap out of GI Joe and Barbie (no offense people I'm just stating what sells WHICH IT DID!)

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
Yeah, Transformers was only good through the tinted glasses (because all glasses from the 80s were tinted pink by law) of nostalgia or the tinted glasses of lower intelligence were giant robots that punched other giant robots (that also could be a car) which all seams to only be resolved when they decide to fight on the one planet in the entire universe that is populated by fleshy pink things instead of robots. Oh well.

Have a nice holiday.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
WOPR said:
he explained that the whole reason behind the show was to sell us gimmicky toys... **looks at shelf of transformers collectibles** and admittedly I have to agree, but hey they kicked the crap out of GI Joe and Barbie (no offense people I'm just stating what sells WHICH IT DID!)
You know you just proved his "colored your milk machines and argued which was best" point right?

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
"What? Identify with Indiana Jones? Don't think so, he's over thirty! Here's Shia LeBettFuck. HE IS YOU."
That is my Quote of the Week.
xD

tredecim

Aug 25, 2010
I was completely aware they existed only to sell toys. I didn't care - the toys were awesome.

I'm actually disappointed that T:WFC isn't any good. It seemed like it had potential.

Why can't any decent developer actually make a game which takes advantage of the fact things transform into other things! The last game to do that was M.A.S.K. on the ZX Spectrum!

SoulChaserJ

Sep 21, 2009
101194 said:
Ricky Cabrera said:
this is just to make the "FIRST!!" people cry
Clever.

ZP:

Clever, But mean. Half of us grew up on transformers no reason to diss the entire series just for one game.
How about the last of several horrible transformers games? Go back and watch the original series. It's crap. I loved it as a child but as an adult I realize I was a brain damaged child.

Spykr

Jul 8, 2010
Please continue to make the fanboys cry. This episode of Zero Punctuation was exactly what I needed to brighten up my day. Thank you.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Never really got into transformers, I played with my friends transformers a bit at his house, but never extensively. The movies were trite and this didn't look much better. I think you have to be a transformers fan to enjoy this game to be honest.

Enjoy your holiday nub.