Zero Punctuation: Transformers: War for Cybertron

savageoblivi0n

Aug 7, 2008
great review as always....however i just feel that this is truly called for at this moment..

R.I.P my 18-wheeled friend...

XenoPenumbra

God of Nothingness
Jul 24, 2008
Great Review. Enjoy your holiday! I am curious though if you will review the scott pilgrim game, Probably not.

SatansBestBuddy

Sep 7, 2007
To be honest, the only Transformers cartoon I thought was at all worthwhile was Beast Wars, and even then it didn't get properly good until they started killing each other while quoting Shakespeare.

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
It was my nostalgia that made enjoy the game as much as I did, but I think that's a good thing. It was awesome to see the faithful but still unique designs of Omega Supreme, Trypticon, Bumblebee etc., and having Peter Cullen and Johnny Yong Bosch among the voice cast was all the better. Oh, and Stan "The Touch" Bush doing a song over the end credits^-^

flaming_squirrel

Jun 28, 2008
Transformers was and always will be loveable shit (excluding the modern films which are just shit). The dialogue was crap, characters were dubious and action was laughable but we all love it for the nostalgia value.

It's not exactly alone in this, all cartoons made in that period of time were equally as bad with perhaps one or two exceptions.

But then on the other hand compared to He-man it's a masterpiece...

Optimystic

Sep 24, 2008
It's a cover shooter w/ vehicle sections for the kids, and in that respect it does its job (i.e. giving the little snotrags a Gears of War alternative so they stop playing it.) But I agree completely with the review, Transformers HAS been getting a free ride due to nostalgia.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Lucane said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
Lucane said:
For an answer in the Transformers universe itself:​
"We used stealth by turning into loud vechiles that no robot had ever seen that could only really ram into other robot's."

Somehow that made even less logical sense then I thought it would. :p
The Decepticons where the more violent ones so they would likely incorperate weapons sooner into the vehicle modes than Autobots, and they weren't built at the beginning of the universe they were built for mechanical slave labor while starships and mass transit devices already exsisted.Decepticons wouldn't know what was a treat right away when the Autobots 1st learned how to transform into transport shuttles and such You'd waste resources and energy shooting/attacking anything that could possibly be an Autobot or just a normal energon cargo feighter.
True, but you think that the Decepticons would instantly change their tactics from "shoot auto-bots" to "shoot anything that moves."

Waif

MM - It tastes like Candy Corn.
Mar 20, 2010
That dog...reminded me of something:

All in all, great review ^~^!

Mr.Petey

Dec 23, 2009
estoria-etnia said:
I never got Transformers. Maybe this is why I always gave the cartoons funny looks as a child and just stared blankly at the screen while I tried to figure out what was going on. I still don't get it now.
Same here, I don't see the point and hype of transformers in any media or form beyond the toys really. I'm glad there are some people including yahtzee who also sees this.

He has it nailed just right; the entire franchise was always going to be based on the success of the toy sales, giving them enough money to create another spin off saga and produce yet more toys based on it.

Circle of life 'n all that really. Sorry if I sound overly cynical in this but it's just reminds me of the "zombies, ninjas, pirates and monkeys are things people should stop banging on about"

I clearly see the point regarding how transforming into a car is basically a faster sprint mode as I felt this in the PS2 game Energon or something like that

herpaderpa

Jul 8, 2010
First time posting, long time fan.

When you get back could you possibly do a video on Castlevania: Harmony of Despair?

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Not G. Ivingname said:
~Snip

True, but you think that the Decepticons would instantly change their tactics from "shoot auto-bots" to "shoot anything that moves."
Well all of this is superseded by it's based off of toylines before making a backstory to tie it all together but,playing any shooter game will tell you it's a real bad idea to shoot at everything that moves before you figure out it's friend, foe, or a streetlamp becuase sooner or later you'd either get tired,paranoid,distracted or worse of all run out of ammo before they actually attack,Actually the wosrt cast scenario would be shooting a teammate at least in my book.