Zero Punctuation: Viewer's Choice: Duke Nukem Forever

FiveSpeedf150

Sep 30, 2009
Bah, some of best reviews weren't even in the running. DNF was an excellent episode though, I don't feel too bad about it winning.

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
Mikeyfell said:
yay...... I mean I voted against Duke Nukem in every round but still.....yay
i was glad to be part of the democratic process
I learned an important lesson; your vote only counts if you side with the astoundingly thick majority.
Not that your bitter about your defeat or anything.

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
Best part for me is, the fact that THIS won and at the end of it he says "Lets all forget about this fucking game forever"

Blackadder51

Escapecraft Operator
Jun 25, 2009
SteelStallion said:
Blackadder51 said:
Oh god...

A game that doesn't exist won.
No, a review of a game that doesn't exist won.

Seriously, I was punching myself in the gut at the sheer idiocy of people that kept voting for their favorite game. Comments like;

"Well, I thought Gears of War 2 had better gameplay over all so it gets my vote."

Seriously people.
Wow, ok...

Sorry mate I ment to type review, im going off 3hrs of sleep and its 2am.

videocrazy

Dec 17, 2009
MattKirby said:
bor3ds0ul said:
Wait, so there's no new ZP this week? Wait, he's on holiday. Right
That's exactly what I was thinking, this whole tournament was just so he wouldn't have to work this week... damnit.
Oh shush, he's entitled to a holiday every once in a while, and like he said in his previous Extra Punctuation:

This is your warning: I am going on a week's holiday. In fact, assuming nothing has gone heart-rendingly wrong, I should already be on my week's holiday by the time you read this, no doubt hanging around some South Pacific island looking for dark people to oppress. What this means to you is that there won't be a ZP or an XP next week. Now, you only have a right to complain about this if you are actually paying money to watch and read this stuff. And even then, only because someone appears to be pulling a fast one on you.
As for the winner, while I did like the review, and it was quite funny, it lost several points in my eyes for not being real. Other than that, it's a really great review, funny and enjoyable. I still wish I didn't get outvoted at just about every stage of the tournament, though.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Shai Belfer said:
So when do we know who won the books?
It will take a couple days. All of the "winners" are given 24 hours to respond to our email. If they don't respond, we pick another. So, it could take a bit of time to get all of the winners.

nixomose

Apr 24, 2009
One thing you can say about this vote unlike all the votes for various presidencies: it wasn't fixed.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
...Should have seen this coming. Still entertaining though

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
Ok I will admit that this is one of the funnyest reviews hes done. I voted for painkiller because
a) it exists as a game, and
b) it has the greatest quote by anyone ever

Apr 16, 2008
You know what my favorite Review was? Yahtzee's review of STARCRAFT 2!

HAHA im just kidding, he didnt do it yet.

so... seriously, when are you reviewing Starcraft 2?

ActionDan

Jun 29, 2009
I don't see the point in re-releasing a video that's only a few pages back, Although this is his most creative video.

craddoke

Mar 18, 2010
This had to win - Duke Nuken Forever has ascended beyond mere vapor-ware into the realm of memes (much like a certain illusory confection that will remain unnamed in a ZP thread); a review of such a phenomenon is a critique of our culture rather than any single game or genre (or something profound like that. Who cares?)

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
HOORAY! I loved that game too. I mean, when I installed it, I thought to myself, "By gob, what was I thinking, buying a game that shows about as much respect for women as a 7 year old does for bubble gum under their chair?!" Then it hit me. As I was mixing the Chef Souffle on the martian city with the aliens, and repeatedly tapping L1 and R1 to keep in tune with the song Duke was humming, I realized what a profound experience the game was really giving me. And when Dukes Mom popped out of the cake topless to shoot the pig-cop that was sneaking up on Duke, I lept out of my chair applauding.

I'm pleased to see that this game reached Viewers Choice, because of any game ever made, Duke deserves it! ;)