Zero Punctuation: Washington DC

BurroDiablo

Mar 5, 2009
Funny, reminded me somewhat of Robert Llewellyn's Carpool. Also, the Capitol Building looks more like a massive tit, not a cake.

VMerken

Sep 12, 2007
Nope, not quite up to speed, this one. No need to do real life tourist videos at regular talk velocity, really.

ewhac

Digital Spellweaver
Legacy
Escapist +
Sep 2, 2009
San Francisco Peninsula
Country
USA
Well, that was... different.

Assuming Yahtzee wasn't deliberately trying to be bland, what this video illustrates is something everyone who aspires to be an internet sensation should know -- genuinely spontaneous improv is hard. You can't just point a camera at someone, give them the note, "Be funny," and then shout, "Action!" Unless they're Robin Williams, it just doesn't work like that.

Yahtzee: I sincerely hope you got a chance to visit the Smithsonian.

Also: I didn't know Washington D.C. was a console title (as indicated by the icon on the title card).

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
solarrunner said:
Is this really Yahtzee in reality. He is pathetic, and I actually liked the guy?
Why is he pathetic? Not everyone can make up jokes in half a second.

OT: Quite funny, a bit hard to hear some parts. But oh well, you can't ask for everything... Well, you can, but you shouldn't, it will make you look like a pretentious tw**.

xkitix

Oct 2, 2009
Yahtzee probably did the vid so that there was a vid. Most should know that he's in the U.S. at the moment doing conventions and stuff so not really time to play a game and review it. You should be grateful, not moaning that it's not what you wanted!! At least it's something to feed yopur ZP lust!!

OT: Not as funny but understandable as he is used to being a disembodied voice and is probably not that comfy infront of the camera. But I still enjoyed it for what it was.

ewhac

Digital Spellweaver
Legacy
Escapist +
Sep 2, 2009
San Francisco Peninsula
Country
USA
Be certain to tune in next week for Yahtzee's experimental foray into recursion as he reviews this week's video, tearing it to shreds.

:)

xkitix

Oct 2, 2009
ewhac said:
Be certain to tune in next week for Yahtzee's experimental foray into recursion as he reviews this week's video, tearing it to shreds.

:)
That could be quite funny...

DreadfulSorry

Feb 3, 2009
Maybe it's because I've lived 30 minutes outside DC for my entire life, but I've always found it to be kinda boring. Apparently, so does Yahtzee.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
Looks like that guy who was harping last week that Yahtzee should take a week off got his wish.

That said, I deeply enjoyed my Yahtzee road trip, but I regret to say that I missed the screen.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Yahtzee sounds hungry.
Nice to see he comes up with material for ZP even when he's on the road.

Mortars

May 24, 2009
As a wise puppet once said;
"The Washington Memorial, it looks nothing like the guy. It looks more like a tribute to Bill Clinton." -- Achmed the Undead Terrorist