Zero Punctuation: Watch_Dogs 2

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
Sometimes I get tempted to go back and just mess around in Watch_Dogs, so it's nice that the core gameplay is improved. However, the cast makes me want to put my head through a wall, so I don't think I'll touch this.

sagitel

Feb 25, 2012
yahtzee wasnt lying about the cast being so bad you want to gorge your eyes out and burn your ears.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Thanatos2k said:
Smithnikov said:
So it's "What Anonymous and 4chan think they are. The Game."
I think it's more like "What old men think Anonymous and 4chan think they are. The Game."
To be fair, it's not like /b/ hasn't more than earned its reputation for being filled with stupid ass kiddies and creepy old men.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
sagitel said:
yahtzee wasnt lying about the cast being so bad you want to gorge your eyes out and burn your ears.
-YT snip-
Someone tried too hard to be Max Headroom.

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
Darth_Payn said:
Biggest laugh I got out of this was the crack on Bay Area traffic, because it's so true. Our traffic on the freeways is just God-awful! -snip-
Yahtzee continues to be topical about the place where he lives. That always strikes me as a lot funnier than it should be too. Yahtzee: "I hate fans in general and I don't want mine to approach me during my daily life." Yahtzee: Blurts out name of current town he's based in and a bunch of topical stuff about it. Freaking nitwit.

4Aces

May 29, 2012
KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime said:
Freaking nitwit.
You certainly are good sir! First you call the fifth largest city in America a town, and then try and convince us that you would be able to locate one person out of the other 8.7m with ease. Perhaps you are counting on your magic-wand-phone?

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
I predicted Watch_Dogs 2 would be shite. I think I'm starting to gain Yahtzee's powers of clairvoyance.

Fuck Ubisoft.

wizzy555

Oct 14, 2010
Arnoxthe1 said:
Thanatos2k said:
Smithnikov said:
So it's "What Anonymous and 4chan think they are. The Game."
I think it's more like "What old men think Anonymous and 4chan think they are. The Game."
To be fair, it's not like /b/ hasn't more than earned its reputation for being filled with stupid ass kiddies and creepy old men.

What the hell is /B/...?

Sorry old habit.

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
4Aces said:
KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime said:
Freaking nitwit.
You certainly are good sir! First you call the fifth largest city in America a town, and then try and convince us that you would be able to locate one person out of the other 8.7m with ease. Perhaps you are counting on your magic-wand-phone?
Way to read exactly what I didn't say into my post, because A: The difference between town and city is just a semantic one, arguing over it is pointless. B: I never said that I could find him, nor did I try to convince anyone that I could find him.

Yahtzee's rabid stalker fans who spend hours scouring public records on the other hand, they can find him. Yahtzee gives out enough hints for those people to get a solid start on tracking him down.

Also good job gendering someone with the Japanese word for princess in their name as male.

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
Called the ridiculous characters from the second I saw the first trailer. Pretty sure I blurted out "Who the fuck talks like that?" Aiden was a touch too melodramatic and annoyingly "gritty" but at least there were a couple halfway decent characters in the first game.

I was really hoping this would be a case of AssCreed II, where they managed to learn well enough from their mistakes to make a really good sequel because the core concept of Watch Dogs is really interesting and relevant and the gameplay was decent fun. More and more though, it just seems like Ubisoft has lost the plot. Oh well.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
I quite like Watch_Dogs 2 as a hipster simulator set in the Bay Area. The RC car and the drone add a lot of fun to this title that more than nods its head to, say, Deus Ex.

Bad things to be mentioned: Only one acceptable track on the whole soundtrack, driving vehicles is still arse and I personally lost all interest in the game about halfway through the final efforts, as I felt the game pulled a Harry Potter on me and just refused to stop.