Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
McElroy said:
Wee Crappy Poo. How mature.
This is Yahtzee, you realize? Lowbrow humor isn't exactly a new thing in this series.

And "Oh Buggy Poo" might have been more accurate, from what it sounds like.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you Yahtzee, now I have the mental image of a naked Margaret Thatcher imprinted in my brain, something I've avoided for 39 years and now I'm ruined forever. Well done.

McElroy said:
You came here for maturity?

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
There's also the slight issue that your fine toodlie self yahtzee being one of the elite members of the gaming press wouldn't come across, and that is the asking price from Gearbox publishing. Considering this is a (successfully) crowdfunded indie game with 2 years already in early access, I do feel them selling it for 55 British pounds sterling with an additional 20 pounds for the season pass is what we in the scientific community would humbly call "taking the piss." And I put the blame squarely on Gearbox for this greed, for taking the piss is their schtick and butter.

Maybe a sequel could fix most of these lost potentials, eventually. But I'll be long dead by then.

hentropy

Feb 25, 2012
Okay cool now suffer through Shenmue 1&2 for the delight of the masses. The gods need more appeasement to end the Great Game Drought of 2018!

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Catfood220 said:
now I have the mental image of a naked Margaret Thatcher imprinted in my brain
Is that a naked then-Thatcher or a naked now-Thatcher? Are we talking miners strike era or poll tax? Or not-really-a-state-funeral-but-actually-a-state-funeral era?

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Catfood220 said:
Thank you Yahtzee, now I have the mental image of a naked Margaret Thatcher imprinted in my brain, something I've avoided for 39 years and now I'm ruined forever. Well done.

McElroy said:
You came here for maturity?
Anything sex-related about Thatcher is like Yahtzee's antidepressants: a boner killer.
I agree with Yahtzee about Procedural Generation: it's too cheap and lazy when it comes to good game design. Don't outsource something like that to an AI until it can imagine and create like a human. In the meantime, let humans do it.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Wait I read in a bunch of reviews you have to take this pills like every 2mins to avoid the attention. No one mentioned you can just put on a suit and no one cared

debossman21

Jun 7, 2011
Silentpony said:
Wait I read in a bunch of reviews you have to take this pills like every 2mins to avoid the attention. No one mentioned you can just put on a suit and no one cared
The experience will vary between players due to the aforementioned bugs and procedural generation. Part of why the games such shite

warmachine

Hating everyone equally
Legacy
Nov 28, 2012
Country
United Kingdom
Considering Thatcher left office in 1990, this shows Yahtzee's age.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Canadamus Prime said:
Procedural generation only really worked in the Diablo games and even then not really.
I think procedural generation is a serviceable, practically mandatory part of RTS games like Age of Empires and Civilization. Minecraft as well, although the "game" in Minecraft is really to make up your own.