Zero Punctuation: Webcomics

karpiel

Apr 18, 2008
All gaming webcomics are terrible. I once saw a photo of the people behind Penny Arcade in reality, and all of Yahtzee's points now seem to ring true. It should suffice to say in that case that I don't read their comic because I do not want to contribute to their baconator diet fund.

twotrees517

Sep 29, 2007
Sweet God; it's like Yahtzee wants fanboys/girls to stalk and attack him.

Also, I'm surprised he didn't say anything about the Spore CC.

PS: the dead demon-baby is possibly the best thing to happen to the internet since ebony-teen-sluts.com... and for the last time, that is not my livejournal in disguise.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
I always wonder if it's worth the banning that always follows.....
Attention whores do it for the attention. Good, bad, doesn't matter. They're like strippers in that way.

Plowking

Jul 2, 2008
I smiled and laughed through this entire video.

Everything he says about CAD is completely true, and I had already come to the same conclusions (but could never word them so expertly laced with contemptuous venom).

Tim Buckley is a grade A moron, and CAD is a mis-carriage of a comic.

I joined the CAD forums ages back to question one of the strips, and was promptly banned. I simply stated it wasn't funny and why I thought so, got flamed by the fans, then I said its a forum to discuss the comic, not just praise it no matter what - got banned. Thought we were intitled to an opinion...

Tim also locked the thread about this video so that it will very quickly fade beyond the 1st page which no one will bother to look past.

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
Yahtzee was very autosarcastic (or something like that) in this one. I think that he responds to fanboy emails (maybe MGS4 fans ^^ or to those long forgoten SSBB fans and airconditioners XD). Well, as always, I enjoyed this Zero Punctuation episode and I don't really mind the ads at the end of the video :)

UnaidedCoder

Aug 29, 2007
SaneIntolerant said:
I don't think I understand your analogy there.
Think about it. He says everyone's entitled to their opinion.....

Then forcefully silences a topic about people with an opinion different from his.

David_Cat

Jul 2, 2008
UnaidedCoder said:
SaneIntolerant said:

Then forcefully silences a topic about people with an opinion different from his.
To be fair, that also silences the people who agree with him.

SaneIntolerant

Jan 21, 2008
UnaidedCoder said:
SaneIntolerant said:

But it was a thread BASHING Yahtzee. Not a thread AGREEING with him.

Johnn Johnston

May 4, 2008
I enjoy CAD. I enjoy Yahtzee.

Why can't fans of both just get along? They are both good in their own right.

Zirror

Jun 27, 2008
holy moly...
I never thought that any webcomic actually DEALT with a miscarriage, especially not one that is normally about games or funny. Seeing that 'CAD' (and I had to look up what CAD was and first thought it was 'computer assisted design') did that is kinda.. strange.
That was an informativ review for me.
I, for one, did enjoy only one Web comic, but it's finished already :( But it was done superbly and it was funny and imaginative. ('The Last days of FOXHOUND. www.gigaville.com)

Could anyone explain to me why someone would do a story line like that?
Drama is ok, but.. well look at the review of yatzhee for more details.
Iam still kinda stunned. Seriously

Uszi

Feb 10, 2008
Yahtzee just likes to piss people off.
That's the most valid conclusion you can take from this. I feel if he hadn't specifically mentioned the miscarriage it would be one thing, but this is Yahtzee using the escapist money to launch a personal attack on someone he's been building a grudge against for months.

Next, he'll dedicate an entire ZP to endorsing an American Presidential candidate.

Esure

Jan 14, 2008
Amusing; although I can't help but feel Yahtzee is trying to create a Maddox persona by getting everyone to hate him.

I only read CAD recently; found it quite amusing then he did that stupid miscarriage which as someone who just starting reading them found quite bizarre and redundant. The best part was reading why he did it saying: "I didn't want it to become a parent baby comic." Which I burst out laughing at. Instead of doing the obvious, not drawing scenes with the baby, he decided to flush it instead. What a bizarre idea.

Anaphyis

Jun 17, 2008
Yahtzee really wants to push his view count. I really don't see the point in bashing CAD, it's like kicking the corpse of a castrated retarded kid in the groin. Buckley is so much out of this world he will never take this one seriously and neither will everyone who still happens to read that shit after the Choose Your Own Adventure bullocks and the insane miscarriage trip to Serious-Town.

I have dropped nearly all gaming comics except for 8-bit Theater - but then I'm a nerdy RPG geek with no friends - and a strange love-hate relationship to VGCats.