Zero Punctuation: Webcomics

klc0100

Feb 29, 2008
I suppose would of found it more interesting and funny if i read web comics.

ZeroExclamation

Jan 2, 2008
I'm very tempted to say "OHHH BURNNN!" but it seems like the kind of thing that'll get me banned, so i'll only quote myself.

I'm surprised yahtzee's still gnawing at his beef with Tim Buckley, enough to make a video about it.

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
On an off note, 'Married to the Sea' is an example of an awesome web comic.

http://marriedtothesea.com/mtts-archives/mttsarchive-jul08.php

It has nothing to do with video games though.

DarthTirith

Nov 2, 2007
Unexpected, but still quite funny. Still, be nice to have some games out so you can rip of them, the new star wars games, Fable 2, Starcraft etc etc.

SystemWarrior

May 7, 2008
It must be said, Buckley is a tosser and I am starting to seriously wonder about his sadist or not since he openly admitted he'd planned this miscarriage storyline since he started the engagement storyline, which was two years ago. Now, I realise it is a comic and therefore not real, but I was under the illusion that CAD was supposed to be funny (mostly) and if he can nurture a storyline like that for two years for a supposedly funny webcomic, he's just fucking sick. Time to call in the boys with the straight jackets and massive erec...I mean, syringes.

LeWiggster

May 14, 2008
I'm tolerant of weak humour, but even I admitted CAD was pretty much beyond hope when the dramalicious miscarriage storyline was carried out. And Explosm's parody of it was one of the most entertaining things I've seen in a little while.

... On that note, a very subtle potshot this video. A very entertaining, very subtle potshot.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
Well despite the overt referencing of CAD's recent storyline (and I'm sure Buckley is already quivering with excitement thinking of the witty, wordy retort he's going to come up with in a comic posted 6-8 months from now) the general idea really can be applied to every gaming-related webcomic there is - Penny Arcade included, but I think they grandfather out by actually being the grandfathers of gaming webcomics and generally not sucking.

I need to sleep now, and I'll be surprised if there's less than ten pages of hate-slinging at CAD from people who've probably never bothered to read it by the time I wake up. Not that I'm saying it isn't justified or anything, but... actually, there is no but. Commence posting of 4chan memes.

El Mexicutioner

Jun 11, 2008
Hehehe, Stammer got banned. Good job this week Yahtzee! Reminded me alot of Homestar Runner's flash about webcomics as well.

ayoama

Feb 7, 2008
Hypocrisy FTW!
elpresidente said:
The only web comic I've ever read entirely was "Concerned: The Half-Life and Death of Gordon Frohman". It was rather droll, witty, and sidesplitting.
IAWTC.

Mordakii

Jul 2, 2008
I have to whole heartedly agree with the review, CAD has gone so far up its own arse it can stick its hand out its mouth.

The rampant fanboism on the CAD forum, over the miscarriage story was some kind of EMO explosion that was sickening to witness.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Stammer said:
Yea-yeah! First post. Don't know why that's so special, I just decided to be the first one for once ^^
I always wonder if it's worth the banning that [i/]always[/i] follows.....

Pretty good one, Yahtzee really doesn't like CAD does he?!

UnaidedCoder

Aug 29, 2007
SaneIntolerant said:
Also, Buckley himself locked the thread and said that everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Well he pretty much blew any chance he had of accusing Yahtzee a hypocrite with that one. That's like closing down a gay bar because you claim to believe in equal rights.

star_topology

Feb 21, 2008
This couldn't be more appropriate--at least to me. I was *stumbling around a bit yesterday and seemingly every other stumble was a some lame-ass webcomic. Good show, Yahtzee!

*if you don't know what I mean, go to stumbleupon.com (that's how I found this place, actually)

SaneIntolerant

Jan 21, 2008
UnaidedCoder said:
SaneIntolerant said:
Also, Buckley himself locked the thread and said that everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Well he pretty much blew any chance he had of accusing Yahtzee a hypocrite with that one. That's like closing down a gay bar because you claim to believe in equal rights.
I don't think I understand your analogy there.

thejoblot

Apr 9, 2008
The only web comic I've enjoyed was Concerned. Everything else just sucks, including Penny Arcade.