Zero Punctuation: Wilson's Heart

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
The Giant Bomb guys are pretty good at throwing (and catching) things in VR. I guess it depends on your real life sports skills AKA the lack of which being the reason we're playing videogames instead of sports in our free time.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
Johnny Novgorod said:
My perfect VR experience involves a DDR-style track pad (for lack of a proper sim room, X-Men style) that actually lets you walk around the game rather than flash from one fixed point to another (or hold down an analog stick). Call me when that thing is invented.
There are many setups like that around and have been for years. Actually buying one might be tricky though.

144_v1legacy

Apr 25, 2008
A very different review from Conan's. Between the two, it seems that Wilson's Heart has a lot to make fun of.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Absimilliard said:
Also, I'm sure VR will get mainstream... oooh, let's say sometime after the prize for a PSVR set drops below what I paid for my PS4...
Cell Phone VR, I think, will keep the concept alive. Most of us already own a cell phone and I'm seeing VR viewers at Walmart for under $20. There are lot of free Android apps for it.

I haven't tried things like Occulous but would love to do so. ITMT, so I can at least experience without selling my children for medical experiments, I bought a $50 unit that came with a remote and built in headset. It's good but for more like $100, I could have gotten one specifically for Samsung. Using it, I've stood on the set as they filmed "Rogue Squadron", walked the moon, done roller coasters, swam with sharks, and been through a very scary experience similar to Stephen Spielberg's "Poltergeist". It won't replace a regular gaming experience anytime soon but if you have a cell phone and $20 to spend, you should check it out. example experience:

OkinKun

Apr 1, 2011
There's a lot of better games he could play in VR. He should give Lone Echo a shot, it's a much better VR game/experience than wilson's heart.. Or some of the multiplayer games like Echo Arena or Onward.