Zero Punctuation: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

Grey_Area

Jun 26, 2008
I think I must have been one of the ones who wanted more please. I am actually loving the game, and I generally hate zombies but I'm having fun with these ones, so it has that going for it. OTOH, it has been sidelined rather hard for the time being by the sex machine who recently reentered the room in The Witcher 3.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
ccggenius12 said:
Nearly two pages of comments, plus the Facebook comments section, and while I have seen several people mention Yahtzee's German accent, no one has called it "Nazi Yahtzee" yet. I feel that the rhyming nature of the phrase would have made it a shoe-in for someone to slam down already, but I'm officially calling dibs. You're welcome.
Well, if anything, the "Yahzi" would be what people would call that voice.
Or "god damn slaughtering of a language", if you're german...

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Charcharo said:
Wait... did he just say that Return to Castle Wolfenstein is not good?

Damn shrooms... you dont GET better than that. Even the New Order, one of the best shooters in the last 10 years and GOTY of 2014 is still trying to jump high enough to lick Return To Castle Wolfenstein's balls... and failing.
The Old Blood jsut never happend in my book.

Jan 27, 2011
Xman490 said:
aegix drakan said:
German uberprecision screws them over yet again!
I wonder how their uberprecision (as in, if a Nazi sees you in this game, they will hit you with shots) screwed them over before. I made my Blascowitz decide to screw them with shotgun blasts at least once, for example. That "assault rifle, then go nuts with the shotgun" strategy worked well until the horrible bridge section with not only one of the gatling-gun robots but also a big robot dog tearing me up. That kind of abuse made me uninstall this game.
I was talking about the actual WW2, actually.

Supposedly, the german machine guns were so incredibly precise that when they took them up to fight the russians, the cold caused the steel to morph a tiny bit, which caused the guns to jam constantly making them nearly useless.

The Russians? Their machine guns could miss a cow in a corridor. They never jammed. Hence one of the many reasons why the germans got their asses kicked in Russia.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood. Fear The Old Blood.

I think that sums up my reaction to W:TOB...

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Just goes to show that even if you're getting jaded about WW2 games like Yahtzee was, all you have to do is up the slapstick and throw in some wacky inept Nazis on a 'Hogan's Heroes' level for it to be fun again.

Seriously, I'd play the hell out of a game where all the enemy soldiers were like that. It's half the reason I found annoying the hell out of the enemy outside missions more fun in the Saboteur than it was in even Just Cause 2.

gridsleep

Sep 27, 2008
"Spunk notwithstanding" leads me to think they should have kept Osgood and gotten rid of Oswald. Yes, I would rather ponder Doctor Who than concern myself in the least with Wolfenstein.

"Ach! Mein German sausage!" Pff, you mean "Ach! Mein Schwanzstucker!" Yes, I would also rather research Young Frankenstein trivia than concern myself in the least with Wolfenstein.

David Chadwell

Nov 15, 2012
Why does the description for the show state that the show is the Escapist's and Yahtzee stars in it when Yahtzee invented the show and the Escapist then syndicated it exclusively after the fact?

Is it fall out from firing MovieBob?