Zero Punctuation: Yakuza 4

windlenot

Archeoastronomist
Mar 27, 2011
That intro sure was completely necessary to balence out that statement, haha. I would also play a game called Constable Blimey Chaps.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
You might like the next Yakuza, Yahtzee...It's probably going to be very combat heavy...with zombies for some fucking reason. Over-the-top insane, from the sounds of it.

I find the combat very fun, too. At least from the demos for 3 and 4.

I even like the story, from what I saw in the recaps of Yakuza 1 & 2...which I saw in the 45 minutes I had Yakuza 3 in before deciding to return it and wait for a price drop. Which has now happened, actually.

Guess I'll try and pick up Yakuza 3 when I go for Portal 2 next week.

Should I really bother with 1 & 2, though?

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
"Nuh? Duh? Nani?"

SHEN-MOO-EEY?

WTF,G?

XD

Is this really what the dialogue is like throughout the game?

orangecharger

Nov 13, 2009
Bwahahahaa -- nice opening loved it! "Japanese are into some crazy shit!" right after a heartfelt balanced statement over the recent tragedy -- ah Yahtzee you cheeky bastard -- Another good quote "sumptuous fruit basket for your fist" -- Milk. Nose. Mess. I wasn't going to buy this game anyways - having watched the earlier Escapist review -- but now I am definitely not. I don't want to read the bottom of my tv for the sake of "realism". Realism where I am a kung fu god single handling kicking the ass off of everyone as long as I am in the right place to do it. Pshhhfft. Meh.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
I don't see why you had to have a disclaimer when commenting on a culture's seemingly odd interests doesn't imply you want horrible things to happen to them.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
I find the combat very fun, too.

I even like the story.

But I can't enjoy the setting and forced subtitles.
What, no amusing picture that will be spammed throughout the entire thread this week?

I really want to know what else is on that list.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
These games are pretty straight forward in terms of the main story. I played the Japanese version that was set in feudal Japan and with no JPN skills at the time managed to beat it by just following the markers on the compass and map.

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
In all fairness, it does sound fun which should be the point of all games.

Although the not-brothel mini-game sounds a bit creepy from a non-Japanese point of view.

ImBigBob

Dec 24, 2008
Wait a minute, Yahtzee claims he doesn't like going for 100% completion, but here he is trying to get all the letters in the alphabet.

You've sold out.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
I found Yahtzees little motorcycle "minigame" to be adorable. I want a motorcycle that small. Though, I have no idea what I'd actually be able to do with it.

Anyway, good review, I have no interest in those games, but at least they're apparently not bad.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Celtic_Kerr said:
German Yahtzee? I think I died when heard that.

Fantastic episode as always!
German Yahtzee's also in his Zack and Wiki review . Maybe there's something about overly-Japanese games that brings out the German in him.