Zombie Game Idea

effilctar

Jul 24, 2009
I was reading through the comments on the Zombie MMO thread last night, rather than sleeping and it got me thinking: though a zombie MMORPG most probably couldn't work, some of the ideas posted in that thread were absolutely brilliant and game developers really must be informed of these ideas.

My idea is something of a cross between Left 4 Dead and CoD 5's Nazi zombies. The game would involve running to the next safe area, fighting through waves of zombies until you find a means of rescue. However, I thought, instead of the saferooms like in Left 4 Dead, I was thinking that when you attract enough attention through noise made or just foolishly running into hordes of zombies, you would have to take cover in a nearby house.

Here is where the Nazi Zombies element comes in. When you get into the house you will barricade the door and windows to help hold off the horde. The horde will be able to pull apart the obstacles you've set but you would be able to repair them, either with tools or furniture available in the house. the zombie hold-off can last for anything between 5-20 minutes depending on the difficulty. The zombies would eventually be reduced in numbers enough for you to fight your way through them, or they would just see it as pointless and go away, allowing you to carry on.

This is just a little something I thought up before sleeping last night. Please feel free to criticise or post your ideas.

Thanks,
Eff.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Sounds like the farmhouse/Night of the Living Dead bit from Resident Evil 4 stretched out into a 6-8 hour game. It worked well as a single part of a bigger experience, but I think it would get dull if you had to constantly stop progressing to barricade yourself in every so often.

Froobyx

Mar 22, 2009
I like the idea about the house and having to repair the stuff, but people may end up not been able to repair everything because of the sheer amount of zombies and what not. What if you ran out of furniture too?

effilctar

Jul 24, 2009
Froobyx said:
I like the idea about the house and having to repair the stuff, but people may end up not been able to repair everything because of the sheer amount of zombies and what not. What if you ran out of furniture too?
if you run out of furniture or the zombies break in through one unattended window, there would be only one option: run and don't stop running

Cuniculus

May 29, 2009
The repair thing is a nice touch, but there's really no way to make it work. Let's say that you do get to the point that you need to get to a house because there are too many zombies... how the hell are you supposed to get there? There are already too many zombies to fight through, and now you have to fight through to a house? I think not.

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
I'm sorry, but this seems like its already been done in a dozen other games, regular and casual. Not your fault, I don't think there are any original ideas left for Zombie games, everything seems to have been done.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
deadman91 said:
I'm sorry, but this seems like its already been done in a dozen other games, regular and casual. Not your fault, I don't think there are any original ideas left for Zombie games, everything seems to have been done.
That's true. There does seem to have been a massive surge in zombie games in recent years. The only one I really care about any more is Dead Rising.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
effilctar said:
I was reading through the comments on the Zombie MMO thread last night, rather than sleeping and it got me thinking: though a zombie MMORPG most probably couldn't work, some of the ideas posted in that thread were absolutely brilliant and game developers really must be informed of these ideas.

My idea is something of a cross between Left 4 Dead and CoD 5's Nazi zombies. The game would involve running to the next safe area, fighting through waves of zombies until you find a means of rescue. However, I thought, instead of the saferooms like in Left 4 Dead, I was thinking that when you attract enough attention through noise made or just foolishly running into hordes of zombies, you would have to take cover in a nearby house.

Here is where the Nazi Zombies element comes in. When you get into the house you will barricade the door and windows to help hold off the horde. The horde will be able to pull apart the obstacles you've set but you would be able to repair them, either with tools or furniture available in the house. the zombie hold-off can last for anything between 5-20 minutes depending on the difficulty. The zombies would eventually be reduced in numbers enough for you to fight your way through them, or they would just see it as pointless and go away, allowing you to carry on.

This is just a little something I thought up before sleeping last night. Please feel free to criticise or post your ideas.

Thanks,
Eff.
Well for me........

I hope a zombie RPG/FPS thats has a open world.......I wanna do anything......let me gives some examples somewhere it will be a better Fallout 3....
Eg. Get supplies/hold up in a mall (Dead Rising)
Eg. Hold up in an anbandoned building (COD 5: Zombies)
Eg. Find out who created and stop the zombie virus (Resi Evil)
Eg. Create a small settlement/town/city
Eg. Hold up somewhere (city/house/ETC) to build up stuff (From a super car train with weapons from Dawn of the Dead comic to a ultimate base.....but depends on lvl)
Eg. Good online
Eg. Save suvivors/find them in houses....

I hope someday this will happen and I will be their and own zombies....also please not a MMO...I dont wanna go on the internet.....

EDIT: and also something thats not like Dead Rising....more Fallout 3/COD

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
That sounds really fun! Sure I'd buy a copy of that game.
Just as long as there is atleast two person co-op. I never zombie fight alone.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
shaun1788 said:
effilctar said:

Thanks,
Eff.
Well for me........

I hope a zombie RPG/FPS thats has a open world.......I wanna do anything......let me gives some examples somewhere it will be a better Fallout 3....
Eg. Hold up somewhere (city/house/ETC) to build up stuff (From a super car train with weapons from Dawn of the Dead comic to a ultimate base.....but depends on lvl)
Eg. Good live

I hope someday this will happen and I will be their and own zombies....also please not a MMO...I dont wanna go on the internet.....

What they'd need is a massive open world with various places to use as refuge, each with their own advantages and disadvantages, and their own unique characters. Such as a prison where the prisoners have taken over, a farm with a redneck farmer who's keeping his zombified relatives in a barn etc (Walking Dead FTW). It would be a massive project and would take years of development, so when it wuld finally get released, the whole zombie craze might have blown over and been replaced by the next big thing.

In short, I can't see it getting made.

Creator1234

Jul 17, 2009
Personally, i think that if they just released all the nazi zombie levels, with a bit more of a story and an exploration element included, i would definitly buy it, also i think the idea of melee weapons just to fend of the zombies would be very good.

But this idea of a zombie MMORPG might work if it was a bit like resi

for example... you start of as a regular infected/foot solider zombie, then as you kill innocents or other zombies for experiance you level up, and you go back to your lab, the scientists that transformed you, or caputured you not sure which, inject you with stronger strains of the virus giving you new powers, e.g the hunters pounce, and to do shopping to upgrade your zombie you play as the scientists avatar where you can buy upgrades for your zombie and also like a casual place to walk round and talk to other players and check out their zombies... just a thought... i would like to play that game...

owner276

Jul 3, 2009
shaun1788 said:
effilctar said:

Thanks,
Eff.
Well for me........

Eg. Good online

Please pitch this idea to as many game companies as you can...I want this game!

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
owner276 said:
shaun1788 said:
effilctar said:

Thanks,
Eff.
Well for me........

Eg. Good online

ha I will........I definly will....probly E-Mail but WHICH GAME COMPANY!!

Infinity Ward: Will make it good but lvls.
Bethesda: I dont know but half the people thought their games where bad....which makes it that people will complain (No VATS)
Bioware: They like putting their games in 3rd person mode...but FP mode is good/better mabey.

any other game companys....please discuss....or E-mail the companys them-self about this idea......I would love to see this game..........and I think I can see this getting made....

Also anyone know how to make a copymark sign.....I wanna copyright this idea......seriously.....

owner276

Jul 3, 2009
shaun1788 said:
owner276 said:
shaun1788 said:
effilctar said:

Thanks,
Eff.
Well for me........

Eg. Good online

Bethesda: I dont know but half the people thought their games where bad....which makes it that people will complain (No VATS)
Bioware: They like putting their games in 3rd person mode...but FP mode is good/better mabey.

any other game companys....please discuss....or E-mail the companys them-self about this idea......I would love to see this game..........and I think I can see this getting made....
Maybe Valve? They have experience with zombie fps and wouldn't drown you with too much detail...not to mention they'd probably give it a dawn of the dead ('78 version) esque sense of humor...

since it would be an open world game, Rockstar North would be another great contender, seeing as how they have the best experience with them from GTA...

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Nice but, as I was going to post in the other topic, there already is a Zombie MMO, it's called UrbanDead and while it has no graphics, it's rather fun.

I haven't played in a while though. Damn.

effilctar

Jul 24, 2009
owner276 said:
shaun1788 said:
owner276 said:
shaun1788 said:
effilctar said:

Thanks,
Eff.
Well for me........

Eg. Good online

Maybe Valve? They have experience with zombie fps and wouldn't drown you with too much detail...not to mention they'd probably give it a dawn of the dead ('78 version) esque sense of humor...

since it would be an open world game, Rockstar North would be another great contender, seeing as how they have the best experience with them from GTA...
I'm contacting Valve as we speak. They have made some great zombie games imo.

KingPiccolOwned

Jan 12, 2009
I want to have a game where you get to play as the zombie in the story mission. I know there is Stubbs the Zombie, but I meant something in next-gen, and with better controls.