Zombies Rally for Australian Gamer Rights

Sjakie

Feb 17, 2010
Go Aussies!

I do hope to see some movie material from the event when it's done.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Nevyrmoore said:
I have to question how this will actually draw attention to the support of an 18+ rating.
That is exactly what I was going to ask. Wouldn't a normal protest with respectful signs be more effective? Isn't a zombie walk counterproductive? Sure it is fun and all but asking for an M rating by dressing up and acting like a zombie seems that it would be useful against it not for it.

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
Watch out for Chicago Ted.

OT: If I had the money I would fly down there and lend a hand (er, brain). I really hope this works. This is a cause worth fighting for.

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
Just because 1,100 people selected "Will Attend" on a Facebook Event doesn't mean that they are all going to be there..

slightly evil

Feb 18, 2010
fuck c*nsorship
at 18 you should be able to do what you want (within reason).
I think they should go live action with this, how cool would that be? better yet just start eating brains, they'll listen... or roll out the napalm. I reccon nerdom is infectious anyway so maybe there's a way round this whole problem

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
AkJay said:
That's really cool, too bad it's more than likely not going to change anything.
Aye. Prolly wont change much but, hey, at least it will be fun for them and will geta message across. Even if its not listened to

Netrosis

Jul 12, 2009
Nevyrmoore said:
I have to question how this will actually draw attention to the support of an 18+ rating.
Face it, any Random Joe passing a bunch of people with signs and protesting isn't going to exactly catch your interest. But if you see a bunch of people dressed up as Zombies, well it catches your curiosity, because it's out of the ordinary. The event is more than likely to be covered by some news sources, and has the potential to chain up to national news (barring any extremely catastrophic natural disasters).

It also shows that these people didn't just protest, they put in time and effort to make a difference, and that will spread their message.

JWAN said:
This is just going to make it more difficult to get R18 games because now they think gamers are all retarded zombie fanatics.
I doubt it. Anyone mature enough to understand the need for an R18+ rating is going to understand this. It is unfortunately the people who don't care, who also won't understand, and therefore probably not care because of that.

My only regret is that I can't attend this because it's in Sydney not Brisbane. My sis is a makeup artist and I've seen her do some really sick body wounds before, she could probably do a mean zombie. I wish them the best of luck, it looks to be a really fun and social event, regardless of the great cause.

Maniac536

Jan 14, 2009
This is awesome when the people rise up to demand rights from their elected leaders. Go australian zombies! Hopefully you will make your country a better place for adults.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Great job Atkinson. Your dark pact with Satan caused the dead to rise and tell you to stop being such a dick.

Also, to be serious now, I fail to see why a zombie protest. Wouldn't it be more effective to dress up as characters from M-rated games that got censored or prohibited in Australia? And then make it seem like they're out of work as a result of said censorship? You know, basically a jobless protest of jobless video game characters? Or even any character in general? At least you'd have a proper theme going.

Maniac536

Jan 14, 2009
L
AceDiamond said:
Great job Atkinson. Your dark pact with Satan caused the dead to rise and tell you to stop being such a dick.

Also, to be serious now, I fail to see why a zombie protest. Wouldn't it be more effective to dress up as characters from M-rated games that got censored or prohibited in Australia? And then make it seem like they're out of work as a result of said censorship? You know, basically a jobless protest of jobless video game characters? Or even any character in general? At least you'd have a proper theme going.
Many of the banned games involve zombies. L4D being one of them forced to be either censored or banned because of their stupid policies.

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
Good luck guys, looks like a laugh... Theres a zombie walk happening where I live at some point..not for any reason other than shits n giggles.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Maniac536 said:
L
AceDiamond said:

Many of the banned games involve zombies. L4D being one of them forced to be either censored or banned because of their stupid policies.
Sadly I had just thought of that when i finished the post. I still like my idea if only because you could have the zombies and the L4D survivors protesting for a common cause and that gives me a hilarious mental picture.