Zynga Bites Back Against EA Lawsuit, Files Counterclaim

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
Of course they are "suited to encouraging press coverage". But that is all right because EA is still right on this one.

You can't go around blatantly copying things for too long, Zynga.

Now, if only Nintendo started suing Zynga because of that Pokémon clone...Nintendo & EA vs. Zynga? That would be loads of fun to watch.

dangoball

Jun 20, 2011
FalloutJack said:
WONDERFUL!

Now, they can both bite and scratch and gouge and beat the everloving shit out of each other until they're both too broken and bloody to put up a fight anymore...and then WE come in.

Can I interest anybody or EVERYBODY in some torches and pitchforks? We take no prisoners.

Mwa ha ha ha ha ha haaa...
Oh, I'm IN! And I could provide some spare pitchforks for other attendants without gardening tools ;)

Anyway this is so bloody amusing, like a corporate law pissing contest! We know EA has the bigger tool of the two, but can it out-piss Zynga? Probably yes, but let watch and enjoy the show :D

Tropicaz

Aug 7, 2012
I'm enjoying these comments and seeing who everyone really hates. Personally I forgive EA for alot because they're in charge of FIFA, and I love my FIFA. They could definately use a spanking to buck up some of their ideas though.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
fi6eka said:
Gabanuka said:
I would say "No matter who loses we win" but really anyone who picks Zynga over EA has lost it.
Hmmm, let's see now - On one hand we have a studio that I don't give a shit about, and on the other hand, we have a publisher who takes my beloved franchises behind the woodshed and beats them to death with a shovel.Oh, what a hard choise, but since I have probably gone Barking mad - dear EA, go jump of a cliff or something.
At least EA's published games are playable, practices aside they've got a history of great games. Zynga do nothing but spew shit that drags down everything in its wake.

Elate

Nov 21, 2010
I don't see why people see the need to side with either of them, maybe it's just human nature to make things black and white when they clearly aren't. I'M SIDING WITH NEITHER! It's a battle of two companies I loathe, any outcome that is vaguely bad for either will grant me satisfaction.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
fi6eka said:
Well I'm of the opinion that Zynga is doing more harm to the industry than EA, if anything there's a higher chance of people emulating the Zynga strategy of "Social games" that are neither social nor games. EA is a monolith of a company and unfortunately they'll be around for awhile court case or not, however if EA gets its way then Zynga may not recover, something that will ultimately help the industry.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
Meh. I'd prefer Zynga to win. They just make crap for Facebook. EA makes real games, so their practices do more damage to the industry.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
I still think EA is right, even if they're dicks. Its not a fucking popularity contest people.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Okay so the question with this whole business has been, that with the gaming community hating both companies, who are people going to support?

And I think the answer is going to be this, people are going to sit back watch and smile, because they don't care who loses this, as long as one of them does, and preferrably both

EDIT: Heh both the joke punchlines work.

In a fight between EA and Zynga, who wins?

The lawyers.

or the old traditional:
Society!

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
lol, zynga fights back. thats what i have to say to them:

hahahahaha! oh wait. you are serious. let me laugh even harder. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

maybe both lose, which would be a blast, but as crazy it might sound, i actually support ?A. as much i hate them, i still enjoy BF3 and some other games with there logo on it.
i think i need help.

doomspore98

May 24, 2011
As much as I hate both, I'm hoping zynga takes a chunk out of EA. I hope both lose, I just wish that EA loses more money.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
baconsarnie said:
Mutually assured destruction has never been such a desirable outcome in any conflict ever.
If only it were total destruction.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
That third one better have some proof. I find it hard to believe that Zynga would have 3,000 applications specifically from EA alone; especially given how everyone who works there is jonesing to get the hell out. I don't doubt the other part of that allegation (that EA would pull some dick moves to make it harder to hire away their employees), but lets see these 3,000 apps before we get to that part.

GAunderrated

Jul 9, 2012
Absolutionis said:
kortin said:
EA versus Zynga...

Hmm, I'm siding with EA here, no matter how much I hate them. At least most of EA's IPs tend to be mostly original, albeit overused.
Disagree.

I can ignore Zynga. They're just trash under the fridge.

EA directly harms IPs I love (or used to) and partakes in destructive business practices.
To use your analogy further, Zynga is just a rotten banana. Sure it sucks if you want to eat a banana but EA is mold that spreads and infects other fruits/vegetables.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Not siding with anyone, I want them both to suffer. It will bring me immense pleasure, I feel I should laugh maniacally at this point...

Nov 28, 2007
dogstile said:
I still think EA is right, even if they're dicks. Its not a fucking popularity contest people.
I agree with this guy. Although I don't think EA are dicks (well, at least, not moreso than every gaming company with shareholders).