Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
kortin said:
EA versus Zynga...

Hmm, I'm siding with EA here, no matter how much I hate them. At least most of EA's IPs tend to be mostly original, albeit overused.
Absolutionis said:
I can ignore Zynga. They're just trash under the fridge.

EA directly harms IPs I love (or used to) and partakes in destructive business practices.
can't we just not pick a side and leave them to bleed each other dry?

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
Windknight said:
can't we just not pick a side and leave them to bleed each other dry?
You always have to pick a side.

People who don't pick sides are boring, safe people.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
I don't hope Zynga crashes and burns, because that isn't enough. I hope it gets vaporized. I want the company and all assets gone for good so they can eventually be forgotten, fading into non-existence.

I don't want EA to suffer because they have BioWare and I don't want anything BioWare is doing to be jeopardized. I've loved everything BioWare has put out in the last three years, and like that they've went away from the DA:Origins set up in favor of games more similar to DA2 and Mass Effect, considering that I think the silent protagonist, limited/semi-automated character control, and slow combat are obsolete(at least with that style of story driven RPGs that BioWare likes to create).

So, awesome dialogue wheel, properly stylized and fleshed out main characters, and fast paced unpredictable combat all the way baby. There is no turning back.

Meatspinner

Feb 4, 2011
Hello wutz dis?

This is like seeing a kamikaze fighter plowing into The Bismarck with it's zombie crew

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Two companies that I hate fighting over something I don't give a crap about. I hate EA because they're evil and they ruin the games I once liked. And I hate Zynga for advertizing itself as a video game company, when in fact their "video games" are just money milking machines without a soul.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
WhiteTigerShiro said:
That third one better have some proof. I find it hard to believe that Zynga would have 3,000 applications specifically from EA alone; especially given how everyone who works there is jonesing to get the hell out. I don't doubt the other part of that allegation (that EA would pull some dick moves to make it harder to hire away their employees), but lets see these 3,000 apps before we get to that part.
I can easily believe people wanting to jump ship from EA to Zynga. Here is why: It not about the type of games, for most jobs pretty much do the same type of work whether it is AAA or a more casual game. AAA games have a little less job security as you work on one game and that may be it in the studio. If they don't need you right away for the next game in that studio, they will let you go. AAA games look great on resume, so they attract a lot of potential talent. With a lot of competition for the job, that means that the jobs don't pay as well. (someone always willing to work for lower pay) The hours are also longer, AAA are under the strictest deadlines in the industry(especially for EA studios from what I've heard)

I do not know the working conditions from inside Zynga, but I spoken with people who work there. From what I hear they are pretty normal, decent hours, and normal benefits. And there were a lot of openings for management positions.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
I actually went to the kitchen and got myself some popcorn before reading the article. I have to say, it made the experience ten times more enjoyable.

Drag this out as long as you want guys. Meanwhile, the rest of us will be buying other good quality games, and no loss will be noticed.

GoaThief

Reinventing the Spiel
Feb 2, 2012
Baldr said:
I do not know the working conditions from inside Zynga, but I spoken with people who work there. From what I hear they are pretty normal, decent hours, and normal benefits. And there were a lot of openings for management positions.
They fresh meat there or something? I've only heard horror stories which seem to coincide with the following;

http://www.sfweekly.com/2010-09-08/news/farmvillains/

http://techcrunch.com/2012/08/09/working-at-zynga/

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-57322150-17/zynga-to-employees-give-back-our-stock-or-youll-be-fired/

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204621904577018373223480802.html

Give me EA any day.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Klonoa Prower said:
I don't care who wins this one, I just hope its a long drawn out battle where both of them hemorrhage money for a long long time!
Not likely. Zynga's falling apart if I understand the situation correctly. My guess is that it won't survive long enough for a long, drawn out legal battle to do much damage to either company beyond the inevitable.

Personally, I'd wish for EA to simply perish in fire. It's not as likely to happen, but if it did, I'd get to roast marshmallows over the company's corpse.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
SupahGamuh said:
Nobody has posted this. I'm dissapointed.

Jerk battle of the century. Definitely worth watching.
Seconding. Had a feeling Zynga would play the card that may bring the Antitrust Laws into play. Let's see what happens...

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
I don't care much about Zynga as I can ignore them and their crappy facebook games but EA I hate and they actually affect the games I enjoy so if anything im hoping they lose.

However I would prefer to not pick a side, im just going to lose both companies lose as much money as possible.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
This is beautiful. Do either of them realize that the people watching this want them to take each other out?

Brett Bowling

May 12, 2012
Who the hell is Zynga, If this is to be some battle of the baddies then EA should be butting heads with Activision.