Zynga Bosses Bailed Out Before Crash

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Sis said:
Zachery Gaskins said:
$200 million made from a business failure? It's obvious these people experience reality on a completely different wavelength from everyone else. Ask me what I'd do with ONE million.
Their shares were worth 12 bucks. But, they saw which way the wind was blowing and sold 90% of their stock when it was still that high. When the stocks worth dropped to 3 bucks, they got away clean with a lot of money.

with that said: Bungholes, the lot of them.
They were not worth 12 bucks. They were valued at 12 bucks. Everyone thought they weren't worth that much.

GAunderrated said:
Covarr said:
cursedseishi said:
Possible insider trading? Pleeeeaaaaaaaase! We know there was insider trading. We know that Mr. Pincus will do any and all sorts of con-artistry just to make a quick buck, seeing as he gladly admits its.

I swear, isn't this a little illegal? It has to be, considering it was just "perfect" timing for all the bigwigs to drop shares for a premium before the prices of it dipped to an all-time low.
Yeah. I'm no lawyer, but I'm like 95% sure this is illegal insider trading here. But with the bigwigs gone, I actually have hope that the company can somehow survive this and transform into an honest company no longer under the watchful eye of their scumbag overlord. I'm tired of boycotting Words with Friends.

P.S. Thanks
Yeah "illegal" only applies until you are worth a certain amount. The investors who shorted the financial bubble did so illegally and yet not a single one of them have seen jail time. A bit of a strawman I did there but my point is that these guys know how to play the game so well they are bragging about how they illegally shorted people by inside trading.
They still take insider trading seriously. Normally it doesn't make the news because it's "boring". The last major case I can recall was from Martha Stewart. Plus, the investigation was only announced yesterday.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Allthingsspectacular said:
Nintendo stock crashes: Boss cuts his paycheck in half and works to regain customer trust.

Zynga stock crashes: Boss bails and takes millions with it.
Now I'm, just waiting on Rovio to crash due to over milkage of Angry Birds.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
cursedseishi said:
Possible insider trading? Pleeeeaaaaaaaase! We know there was insider trading. We know that Mr. Pincus will do any and all sorts of con-artistry just to make a quick buck, seeing as he gladly admits its.

I swear, isn't this a little illegal? It has to be, considering it was just "perfect" timing for all the bigwigs to drop shares for a premium before the prices of it dipped to an all-time low.

captcha: I love you
Oh dear... I knew making that one comment about agreeing with captcha before would come back to bite me...
It's quite obvious that it is insider trading.

One or Two people being right on the money is possibly a coincidence, this however is just silly.

I'm surprised by how bold this is.

GAunderrated said:
Yeah "illegal" only applies until you are worth a certain amount. The investors who shorted the financial bubble did so illegally and yet not a single one of them have seen jail time. A bit of a strawman I did there but my point is that these guys know how to play the game so well they are bragging about how they illegally shorted people by inside trading.
I'll earnestly be a little surprised if this Libor scandal doesn't end with someone getting strung up. Rich folks tend to be left out to dry when they are seen as a liability and that scandal is turning into one of the most remarkably nasty things I can think of in my lifetime (it may not seem like it but the ramifications are pretty bad).

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
GAunderrated said:
Covarr said:
cursedseishi said:

Yeah. I'm no lawyer, but I'm like 95% sure this is illegal insider trading here. But with the bigwigs gone, I actually have hope that the company can somehow survive this and transform into an honest company no longer under the watchful eye of their scumbag overlord. I'm tired of boycotting Words with Friends.

P.S. Thanks
I think it's only considered "illegal" if you didn't hire Eric Holders law firm to handle your corporate business and/or domate a sizeable tithe to the Chicago Democratic machine.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Is Zynga going to shut down? Because, you know, that would be awesome.

And what sentences can the bosses get for insider trading? Jail? Can the bosses just bail themselves out with the money they don't deserve?

Artemicion

Need superslick, Kupo.
Dec 7, 2009
That really sucks for all the shareholders, but I can't say I'll feel bad if Zynga goes under. The possibility of insider trading is wholly unsurprising, though.

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
So they form a company based on ripping off other people's ideas, inflate their company's stock value to unsustainable levels, jump ship when they sense the end is nigh, and make millions from it?

I think we give ourselves too much credit when we talk about how awesome civilization is.

Jan 29, 2009
Zynga has blamed Facebook, a duff edition of Mafia Wars 2, softening repeat customer numbers and a mistimed purchase of Draw Something owner OMGPOP for its current financial troubles.
No, they should blame the fact that their games FUCKING SUCKED.

medv4380

The Crazy One
Feb 26, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
Well it wasn't until Zuckerberg decided to open at $34 a share, cause that's a buying price right? I thought he was good with numbers.
It was 38$ and it was the Bankers price not Zuckerbergs. His pricing of Instagram though should have told everyone that the stock should be avoided.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
isn't this sort of like, insider trading?

isn't that sort of like, illegal?

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Covarr said:

P.S. Thanks
Just an FYI, those executives are still in the same position in the company. They just got a payout by bailing right before the stock prices plummeted.

At absolute best, this will get them investigated for insider trading. Hopefully something will be done about it, but I doubt it.

wildpeaks

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Dec 25, 2008
Zachery Gaskins said:
A true leader shares in his people's successes AND failures. This just smacks of a really long con.
At least they're consistent with their business practices: they'll remain dicks to the end.

medv4380

The Crazy One
Feb 26, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
medv4380 said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Well it wasn't until Zuckerberg decided to open at $34 a share, cause that's a buying price right? I thought he was good with numbers.
It was 38$ and it was the Bankers price not Zuckerbergs. His pricing of Instagram though should have told everyone that the stock should be avoided.
Which Banker? The one who thought it was a good idea to bundle mortgage backed securities with houses that were losing value?
Morgan Stanley, JPMorgan and Goldman Sachs so..... Yes the ones that where involved in the Mortgage Backed Securities, but really how many bankers weren't involved?

marurder

Jul 26, 2009
Completely unsurprised. Zynga upper management has done several deals that is good short term screwing of the general populace. They aren't interested in innovating quality experiences so much as ripping of others.

Roander

Dec 27, 2009
I really feel sorry for the people who decided to make a long term investment in Zynga. Not because of the money they lost, but because of the debilitating mental issues they must have to deal with on a daily basis.

Life Lesson: When someone publicly admits that he's been ripping people off DON'T GIVE HIM YOUR MONEY.