Zynga Bosses Bailed Out Before Crash

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
So, some of the lowest fucking pond scum in the gaming industry CONVENIENTLY avoid a total financial disaster along with nearly all of their strongest business partners.

And by "conveniently", I'm mean "miraculously".

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
I hope they give Draw Something to people who actually know what the hell they are doing, because frankly that was the only thing I cared about that got involved.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Yeah, I reckon it's insider trading. But if we look back at examples of the last few years, nothing of consequence will happen to most of them.

Darkness665

Dec 21, 2010
To those of you without corporate experience a little heads up. When they decided to sell their stock they chose a date, put the sell order in and then left it alone. The date was probably chosen before the IPO actually was done. That is normal, consistent and legal. The only way to do it in fact and not get hammered by insider trading rules.

The market being what it is (mostly people without a clue gambling on hype with no real knowledge of any industry whatsoever) are getting all butt-hurt now because the people that didn't read Gamasutra, the Escapist and most of the gaming sites were all about the IPO flood gates. Not the harsh realities of modern gaming businesses. Much less the dismal prospects of both Facebook gaming and Zynga.

Now the Feds will claim all kinds of shit but they are basically eunuchs and are trying to make it look like they are doing something when the reality is most of this crap is unregulated from back in the Reagan days and more in Bush-Alternate-Universe-Land. The odds are high that they did the pro-forma work that said this was all on the up and up. The most one can hope for (and I ain't holding my breath) is they start to wake some people up. It won't and I won't be turning blue any time soon.

The way IPOs used to work was if a company was worth $XB then some portion of that was sold to investors. Depending on how successful the business was in its market, its marketing and the IPO hype the stock sold. Over the course of the first months the price could skyrocket if everybody did their job correctly. More people wanted the stock then had it and the first buyers were in a place to make some cash. Now, IPO is just another way for an investment bank to charge A. The seller of the IPO stock B. Their own customers that want in C. Anybody else they can sucker D. Make a bundle of profit based on lying through their teeth. Today's IPOs are about the companies VC investors, the executive staff and the IPO banker. Everybody else, well those are called suckers.

robert01

Jul 22, 2011
Zynga is being investigated by 5 law firms regarding insider stock sell-off. Who didn't see this coming?

Hope these scumbags crash and burn.

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
One of them should really call dibs on Ms. Stewart's cell now, because it's probably decorated very nicely.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
*looks up from Zero Punctuation video* Huh? Zynga pulled another big money grab and people are furious about it?

*unpauses ZP video* Yeah, just get me when something productive involving Zynga happens. Like... if the dump trucks carrying all of their money run them over or something.

Susurrus

Nov 7, 2008
I don't doubt that there's some possibility of insider trading, but stock markets are funny things. If the original owners had plans to sell off their stock, which they might legitimately have had, and stock market investors see all of the senior management offloading their shares at the same time, it might well cause investors to take fright, plummeting share value without their being any reason. I don't think it's sufficiently clear from the article exactly what was going on.