National Guard called into Minneapolis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
and the knee hadn't actually been restraining his breathing to the point of strangulation (which I always felt was iffy, people who truly can't breathe cannot say so),
A 'blood choke' as opposed to an airway choke restricts oxygen to the brain and is probably more lethal because less obvious.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Or more likely he's AntiFA. I mean wasn't there an AntiFA account claiming not to spread rumours like this as it puts AntiFA operatives in the field at risk of being attacked under the false belief they're cops

So in the same post that you condemn unsubstantiated claims you make an unsubstantiated claim?

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
More likely? According to what? Your desire that it be?
Cops have long documented history off instigation during protests to escalate and justify violence against protestors.
There was some screenshots of his exwife saying it was him and recognizing the gloves and mask, but there's no evidence. He was reported to have run into a local police station when challenged.
It's suspicious, but there's no definitive evidence. There is however ample video evidence of cops initiating brutal violence against people not engaged in anything.They are evil thugs.
It also has to do with timing, the protest had not yet been overtaken by outsiders yet, they came after the police used this indecent as a reason to move on the protesters. The combined fact this was done by this guy AND used as a reason for the police to move on the protesters is suspicious to say the least. Look at his gear, his clothing and body language.

Last edited:

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
A 'blood choke' as opposed to an airway choke restricts oxygen to the brain and is probably more lethal because less obvious.
You ever seen a blood choke? You pass out in seconds, not minutes.

Regardless, none of this was the point of my post. The police officers took actions that resulted in Floyd's death. I am not disputing that, nor do I wish to. I want to know the legal nuances of the situation with the hypotheticals posited. Any lawyer or officer of the court can tell you that the law is not equivalent to morality; the officer in question can have commited a horrific and vile act, and turn out to not be legally responsible. Such dissonance is a large part of why the country is burning down right now.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Hey I'm just pointing out it's strange an AntiFA account was calling this out and on about people on the ground lol
How is that strange? It would be weird for antifa to not discuss suspicious behavior meant to make protesters look bad. It isn't like they were the people who uploaded the content in the first place, the locals did. Antifa was just discussing it,sort of like we have been doing here eh? Is that suspicious too? Besides, this guy looks too well dressed to be antifa anyhow. Most antifa can't afford the nicer masks n face shields. Look how nice and new his clothing and gear are. Not like most of the thrift store finds antifa sports here. Thrift store face shield n masks don't usually look as nice as the ones the police have, his stuff doesn't even have protest battlescars like antifas do. Antifa is more likely to be sporting used paintball gear than nice new unscratched gear like this guy. They know that shit is going to get destroyed so don't waste money on expensive face shields like that.
Antifa looks and acts nothing like this guy..

Is he supposed to be what the right thinks anifa is supposed to look like because they don't know what thrift shopping is like? LOL

Last edited:

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
They are exercising police brutality so you won’t know they’re exercising police brutality.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
They are exercising police brutality so you won’t know they’re exercising police brutality.
I dont know much about holding police accountable, but are they seriously lawsuit proof? I saw one journalist what shot in the eye by a rubber bullet, it burst her eye and she's entirely blind in that one eye for the rest of her life. And she wasn't doing anything except photographing the protests as a photographic journalist. Surely there is some legal repercussions to that? They literally maimed her with gunfire without cause. Pretty sure that's just straight up assault.

Likewise we're seeing videos of cops just shooting at people - not protesters, just like people on their own property or journalists. Just opening fire. How is that not illegal, and how can they not be sued into oblivion for that? Where's the ACLU with teams of lawyers ready to have the police force's lunch for the next decade and a half?

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
I dont know much about holding police accountable, but are they seriously lawsuit proof? I saw one journalist what shot in the eye by a rubber bullet, it burst her eye and she's entirely blind in that one eye for the rest of her life. And she wasn't doing anything except photographing the protests as a photographic journalist. Surely there is some legal repercussions to that? They literally maimed her with gunfire without cause. Pretty sure that's just straight up assault.

Likewise we're seeing videos of cops just shooting at people - not protesters, just like people on their own property or journalists. Just opening fire. How is that not illegal, and how can they not be sued into oblivion for that? Where's the ACLU with teams of lawyers ready to have the police force's lunch for the next decade and a half?
I believe burning down their precinct building may count. Otherwise? Effectively no, since they’re closing ranks and covering badge numbers, there’s probably no way to know who did what. You might be able to sue the department tho.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
The reality is, most democratic and republican politicians have far more in common with each other than they do with people on the left.
But if you ignore policy positions, or even truth for that matter, and focus only on the binary, you can team up any number of conflicting positions based on a mutual hatred for "the enemy".

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I believe burning down their precinct building may count. Otherwise? Effectively no, since they’re closing ranks and covering badge numbers, there’s probably no way to know who did what. You might be able to sue the department tho.
Well that's my point - why can't they just bring multiple class action lawsuits against the Department? Have it become a money sinkhole for the city until the local officials actually have to do something.
I can't imagine it would sit well with the mayor and governor if the Minneapolis PD have to pay out tens of millions of dollars a month for the next decade for all the physical and emotional harm they're doing.
People can sue for emotional harm for just getting yelled at - I wonder what opening fire on civilians in their homes would get you

Reactions: Revnak

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
So now the general population is who needs body cams to protect themselves from police.

Reactions: Revnak

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Well that's my point - why can't they just bring multiple class action lawsuits against the Department? Have it become a money sinkhole for the city until the local officials actually have to do something.
I can't imagine it would sit well with the mayor and governor if the Minneapolis PD have to pay out tens of millions of dollars a month for the next decade for all the physical and emotional harm they're doing.
People can sue for emotional harm for just getting yelled at - I wonder what opening fire on civilians in their homes would get you
If there’s an America on the other end of this, I would hope this angle is taken.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
How is that strange? It would be weird for antifa to not discuss suspicious behavior meant to make protesters look bad. It isn't like they were the people who uploaded the content in the first place, the locals did. Antifa was just discussing it,sort of like we have been doing here eh? Is that suspicious too? Besides, this guy looks too well dressed to be antifa anyhow. Most antifa can't afford the nicer masks n face shields. Look how nice and new his clothing and gear are. Not like most of the thrift store finds antifa sports here. Thrift store face shield n masks don't usually look as nice as the ones the police have, his stuff doesn't even have protest battlescars like antifas do. Antifa is more likely to be sporting used paintball gear than nice new unscratched gear like this guy. They know that shit is going to get destroyed so don't waste money on expensive face shields like that.

Is he supposed to be what the right thinks anifa is supposed to look like because they don't know what thrift shopping is like? LOL
It's not strange to suspect antifa of inciting violence. I don't think you need to go further than this thread to find some more communist-leaning individuals suggesting that burning down businesses is an effective tactic for change.

Reactions: Ravinoff

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
It's not strange to suspect antifa of inciting violence. I don't think you need to go further than this thread to find some more communist-leaning individuals suggesting that burning down businesses is an effective tactic for change.
The issue however is whether or not this cop looking guy was even antifa at all though. He wasn't even a protester. Nothing about him or this leads us to think it was antifa. It isn't like antifa are the only group that incites violence here. Police have incited violence. Nazis have incited violence. BLM has incited violence. Even the current president has incited violence. How many people has antifa killed? How many people have Nazi's killed? How many people have the police killed? The other groups make antifa look like care bears by comparison. When is the president going to label the far right groups that have carried out and killed more people on American soil than any other group terrorist organizations?

Reactions: MrCalavera

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
The issue however is whether or not this cop looking guy was even antifa at all though. He wasn't even a protester. Nothing about him or this leads us to think it was antifa. It isn't like antifa are the only group that incites violence here. Police have incited violence. Nazis have incited violence. BLM has incited violence. Even the current president has incited violence. How many people has antifa killed? How many people have Nazi's killed? How many people have the police killed? The other groups make antifa look like care bears by comparison. When is the president going to label the far right groups that have carried out and killed more people on American soil than any other group terrorist organizations?
Shoot, adjusting for inflation Nazis probably have Antifa beat on property damage too thanks to The Order and old Synagogue bombers.

Reactions: Sneed's SeednFeed

Sneed's SeednFeed

Elite Member
Apr 10, 2020
Country
Azerbaijan
Yeah I'm sure you have a binder full of examples of antifa inciting violence and other things that never happened lmao

Simultaneously antifa are against racism and in solidarity with BLM and they walk around being antisocial to protesters smashing shit with a hammer by themselves, amazing and believable tactics (that aren't the hallmarks of false-flag attacks historically at all).

Also what the hell is communist-leaning? Like what, someone slightly prefers the abolition of wage-labour and advocates for the social ownership of the means to production? What is this, Proudhonism?

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

Oh sure. Don't stop the person going round smashing windows it could harm people on the ground.

Really doesn't sound like they're behind some of it lol

AntiFA aren't all the footsoldier ones you see in helmets etc. Often there's far more organisation to it.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Yeah I'm sure you have a binder full of examples of antifa inciting violence and other things that never happened lmao

Simultaneously antifa are against racism and in solidarity with BLM and they walk around being antisocial to protesters smashing shit with a hammer by themselves, amazing and believable tactics (that aren't the hallmarks of false-flag attacks historically at all).

Also what the hell is communist-leaning? Like what, someone slightly prefers the abolition of wage-labour and advocates for the social ownership of the means to production? What is this, Proudhonism?
Too many thrown roof tiles for Proudhon.

Reactions: Sneed's SeednFeed

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

I mean there was the bikelock bandit

Also there was the flag beating lot

That's just the easy ones to point to

Status
Not open for further replies.