National Guard called into Minneapolis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
No. Fuck this. Fuck this. Burn down another precinct because they cannot keep pulling this shit.
That's some serious bullshit going on right there.........

I really don't get what the point of the autopsy is when we have the vid. Is it supposed to imply the maneuver they did on him was normal and fine and he just died cause he was sick so it's not their fault? Cause if that's the case that implies their maneuvers are only ok if they are done on healthy people, which is a wrong standard to admit to and could leave them open to lawsuits.
The autopsy can mean different charges can be applied and provide different evidence.

As a hypothetical.

A video show a man being punched in the head and dropping to the floor. The man dies from it.

No autopsy means maybe the blow to the head cause an artery to burst or maybe a tumour in the brain which burst due to the force of the punch.

An autopsy checks and shows a localised fracture and hole in the skull with a corresponding small bruise on the skin.

Without the autopsy at best you get an involuntary manslaughter charge.

With the autopsy an investigator will tell you that the injury is consistent with a make shift weapon and a key or small metal implement placed between the fingers of the attacker which concentrates the force of the blow on a localised area and can do more damage or be lethal With the autopsy you can now press for a 2nd degree murder charge if not full on first degree

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009

Have a summary.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Well, uh, America was good while it lasted?
Edit- I don’t know if I really believe that.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I really don't get what the point of the autopsy is when we have the vid. Is it supposed to imply the maneuver they did on him was normal and fine and he just died cause he was sick so it's not their fault? Cause if that's the case that implies their maneuvers are only ok if they are done on healthy people, which is a wrong standard to admit to and could leave them open to lawsuits.
As far as I’ve heard from lawyers talking about similar things (Not being in the US, I have to rely on their input), bringing up such things like videos and written documents is really hard to get accepted into evidence. Obviously people are worried about doctoring and the image being shot at a particular angle to slant the evidence in a certain favour.

if there aren’t other witnesses to back up the filmers story, it regularly gets removed from evidence.

but I’m also listening to YouTube lawyers, so take this with a large dose of salt

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
As far as I’ve heard from lawyers talking about similar things (Not being in the US, I have to rely on their input), bringing up such things like videos and written documents is really hard to get accepted into evidence. Obviously people are worried about doctoring and the image being shot at a particular angle to slant the evidence in a certain favour.

if there aren’t other witnesses to back up the filmers story, it regularly gets removed from evidence.

but I’m also listening to YouTube lawyers, so take this with a large dose of salt
There's vids from various angles and witnesses including the shop owner who called the cops here though, also the shop's security camera footage exists but it's not public yet.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA

Ghostrick Dorklord

Ordinary High School Girl
Legacy
Oct 2, 2009
Through the Looking Glass
Country
Wonderland
I've honestly been scared for everyone since day 1. I support the protests because I hate racism but the scale of violence going on is scaring me. It feels like the Wild West where there's no law and the cops are just doing whatever. Trump isn't helping matters either due to using the military.

Can I give a very sincere request? Everyone just be safe during this time. There's a lot of shit going on yeah but just do what you can alright?

Reactions: Trunkage

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
It is not gonna stop getting worse, is it? Every contradiction is just gonna pile up one after the other until the mass of it all becomes incalculable.

Fieldy409

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 18, 2020
Country
Australia
Only if Andy could footage of it before it kicked off really.

I've seen plenty of attempts to debunk the bricks etc.

99% of them from AntiFA related accounts or Anarchist related accounts which seems far more suspicious to me they're the main ones doing it.

It could entirely not be AntiFA and just be one of the other Black Block organisations that include AntiFA are part of a number of groups.

Except

1) It was his flag

2) He was actually on the side of and walking with the protesters so on their side which makes it all the more stupid said goons decided to jump him when he's literally supporting the same supposed cause they were. If they're willing to do that to people on their side the fact Eric Clanton was willing to try and brain a peaceful person trying to separate the two sides isn't surprising nor would further escalation.

Thing is as other videos have said there are often no building works going on.

Also as one of the other videos shows there were people in a car driving round handing out bricks.

sssshhhhh that's an inconvenient truth yet to hit which Trump will be blamed for.

What if people don't want to heal but want to be mad?

Some people have taken this from healing over a senseless death caused by a police officer to rage against the entire system (not merely the justice system and police).

They likely have a shot with 4th degree which is death by negligence but 1st degree requires premeditation.

Humanity likes to think it is so far beyond the animals we once were but we really are not.

Even the most peaceful seeming animals will fight. Giraffes fighting is rather brutal to see for example.

Thing is we need the systems in place for when things do happen. When inhibitions are dropped. When the civilised idea drop and the "lizard brain" takes over so to speak.

If you don't think humanity can turn violent easily you've not seen some of the bar brawls break out I have lol. Or run into the kinds of people who like to fight for the sake of picking a fight.

No we don't live in a fair society. The thing often is the balances of unfairness to one group can balance out with unfairness to others in other aspects a lot of the time.

People are objecting to non lethal rounds being used (not merely the miss use of them). This should be seen as the Police trying somewhat.

yeh that seems like a self defeating move.

I mean is the plan to demand the Coronavirus itself support equality more?

Are there really no construction projects nearby? What about the interior of multistory buildings where only one level may be getting renovated?

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Are there really no construction projects nearby? What about the interior of multistory buildings where only one level may be getting renovated?
Bricks aren't left lying around without other construction material and signs & yellow tape restricting access to them, precisely so that people don't go picking them up and braining other people with them.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Trump's decided what this situation really needs is martial law and the non-optional deployment of the army to states, which is about the worst possible thing he could have done.
Totally waiting for those armed "Patriots" who were outside the Statehouses protesting the COVID lockdowns as Tyranny to see this was a reason to really take arms and be pissed.

I mean, that's why they're stockpiling all those guns, to keep the gubmint in check from getting Tryannical and imposing force on Americans? Or did Obama take all thier guns in the last month and that's why they're so silent suddenly?

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Well , if Bunkerboy gets re-elected in November we can look forward for 4 more years of this shit.

Are we great again yet? Are we sick of winning yet?
There is a very insane presumption here that we will make it to November.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
We are in a Weimar Republic speedrun.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Wouldn't that be mostly drywall except in pretentious hipster places?

Well, uh, America was good while it lasted?
Edit- I don’t know if I really believe that.
yeh I'm at the point of "Did some-one tell Trump he has only 6 months to live and he's determined to leave a mark in the history books even if it's as the biggest turd?"

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
There's vids from various angles and witnesses including the shop owner who called the cops here though, also the shop's security camera footage exists but it's not public yet.
Yeah, I’m not going to pretend I understand the legalise behind it. If I find it again, I’ll link

the gist of the video was to express how many things we, the general public, think is admissible in court, isn’t actually admissible. The witnesses to this crime is far more important than the video. If the witnesses back it up, then the video is substantial evidence. But that’s putting the cart before the horse at this time, because maybe they won’t

But, I want to be clear, I don’t understand all the necessary steps in that process

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Well , if Bunkerboy gets re-elected in November we can look forward for 4 more years of this shit.

Are we great again yet? Are we sick of winning yet?
The most cowardly and weak act Trump has done thus far is using the US military against unarmed US citizens on American soil peacefully exercising their constitutional rights on public property. You really cannot get more cowardly than that.

The worst part is that for years , all we heard about Obama was that he was going to declare martial law and use the military against US citizens, then those screaming this conspiracy nonsense actually elected someone who actually DID do that.. where are these guys now?

Last edited:
Reactions: Worgen
Status
Not open for further replies.